Snarky Brides

Its TOO EARLY!

I have been up since 5:45, my husband owes me big time!

I really hope today goes quickly and my husband better be headed home Friday, and not Saturday!

It wouldnt be so bad if he wasnt leaving me again next week!

So, hows your day? ;)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Its TOO EARLY!

• Morning! Your puppy sounds like mine.  Every morning, up at five.  H is the one who gets up to let them out though ha ha.

I have a seminar at work this afternoon.  It's two and a half hours long so I hope it's interesting.  After that, I'm headed home to do more cleaning...  I would say I'm ready for the weekend, but I really just want a relaxing weekend and I know this one will not contain any of that.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • On another note, do any of you know of any fashion bloggers that write about fashion that normal people can afford?  Ya' know things under the $1000 t-shirt mark?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Up at 5:30 here as usual. Then again, I do laundry and clean bathrooms and work out before I go into the office. My husband turned me into a morning person with his crazy work schedule.

Looking forward to the weekend. I thought of everyone here when I heard of some rude hellastupid types bragging that they had saved a bundle of cash on their wedding by having a "family only" reception and then a "dance party" afterwards. The "non family" guests went out to eat and then came to the dance party. I probably would have sent a $10.00 Target gift card in with my regrets RSVP. Yikes.
  • Morning ladies. Ive got a busy day. And my driveway is getting sealcoated. Im really hungry for some reason right now! I may make bacon. Mmmmm.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • So we are here?  Stupid TK.  Hi all :)

It's my last day of work until October :)  I'm excited to have a nice little vacation.  I'm also excited for my first pedicure tomorrow.  
  • How are you feeling Blue?

Shay-The dog is really H's responsiblity, I love him and take care of him, but if I had my way we would not have a dog. It was much easier.I'm a cat person, always have been. So, I take care of the cat, he takes care of the dog. I called him in Chicago and woke him up, HA!
  • Im ok kd. My dr wants me to come in today. They think I may have hyperstim again. We will see. They cant really do anything about it so i dont see the point of going in but whatever.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Profound thoughts before leaving for work: I love bacon, hate getting pedicures and hope you are okay Blue.

Happy Thursday everyone.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d4abbed-2a55-4923-ac06-9ddbe96b5c8dPost:d57a5f3f-79b0-48c5-a195-0e43fe4a9d2c">Re: Its TOO EARLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Profound thoughts before leaving for work: I love bacon, hate getting pedicures and hope you are okay Blue. Happy Thursday everyone.
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

You are crazy woman! I love pedicures, I'm so looking forward to NEXT weekend when husband it gone. I get my hair did, a pedi and a massage!

Blue-Hyperstism? What is that?
  • Morning.

I finished up a knit hat for my sister last night and am pretty darn proud.  .I've never made one like it before.  i'm going to start a new one tonight since my H has requested a suitably manly one for him to use when shoveling season comes (I think he's hoping that if he asks for a hat, he'll jinx it and won't need to use it)

I've got cleaning to do today but i think I'll spend the morning being lazy since I finally got my computer back after 4 days of doing without.
  • Morning. Hope you start feeling better soon Blue. I have 19 jars of jam on my counter at home. I'm stocked for a while. For some reason my strawberry rhubarb batch never sets right. The fruit separates and it gels there and then the liquid on the bottom never really gels all the way and stays runny. I mix it up and eat it anyway, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with it. This is the third or fourth year I've had the same issue. The regular strawberry sets up fine.
  • Good morning!

I'm hungry, and now I want bacon.  I'll have to settle for a cheese and jalapeno quesadilla.

I put up another 6 pints of salsa last night.  My garden continues to produce copious amounts of vegetables, and the tomatoes are just starting to ripen.  Tomatoes + jalapenos + banana peppers + roasted Anaheim peppers = yummy salsa.  I have a really cool conjoined twin tomato that I don't want to cut up, but I don't want to go to waste.  I'll take pictures before he meets his demise.

I have never had a pedicure.  I don't know if I could handle someone touching my feet.  Probably not.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d4abbed-2a55-4923-ac06-9ddbe96b5c8dPost:8f3c98ce-6cec-4787-a483-899fa2136058">Re: Its TOO EARLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. I finished up a knit hat for my sister last night and am pretty darn proud.  .I've never made one like it before.  i'm going to start a new one tonight since my H has requested a suitably manly one for him to use when shoveling season comes (I think he's hoping that if he asks for a hat, he'll jinx it and won't need to use it) I've got cleaning to do today but i think I'll spend the morning being lazy since I finally got my computer back after 4 days of doing without.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Do you have a picture of said hat?

Loops- I'm impressed with your canning.
  • ooh, that sounds yummy, jcb.  I do love the Crown.

I'm kind of amazed at my garden.  I know I planted a lot of random stuff, and thought I'd get something good, but it has been endless.  I still have about 2 dozen tomatoes on the vine, and the pepper plants continue to produce, and I'm ready to harvest the butternut squash and another batch of basil (to make pesto).  And 4 more zucchini.
  • Morning. Our network and internet are acting up at work so everyone is frustrated at how slow the day is going. I'm supposed to have the SIL of our CEO shadow me, so if everything is back up and running soon, I'll have to put on my charming face.

Not much else is going on. Target tonight, then Hobby Lobby to get an easel. I'm excited for my book event this weekend.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d4abbed-2a55-4923-ac06-9ddbe96b5c8dPost:f230bc15-8265-4cb9-8fd9-432b3827a80a">Re: Its TOO EARLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Y'all that don't like pedicures are nuts!  So relaxing!  Well, except for the ticklish part.  Ha. Morning! Les, a duck fart is equal parts Crown Royal, Kahluha, & Bailey's.  It's delicious!  And I'm so jealous of your garden!  Ours only produced about 1/3 of what we had hoped and the only thing left is our pepper plants.  Boo.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Duck Farts are nasty! My BIL made one for me a few Christmas' ago.

Les- I'm so jealous. Our deer ate all our stuff this year.
  • In Response to Re:Its TOO EARLY!:[QUOTE]Good morning!I'm hungry, and now I want bacon.nbsp; I'll have to settle for a cheese and jalapeno quesadilla.I put up another 6 pints of salsa last night.nbsp; My garden continues to produce copious amounts of vegetables, and the tomatoes are just starting to ripen.nbsp; Tomatoes jalapenos banana peppers roasted Anaheim peppers yummy salsa.nbsp; I have a really cool conjoined twin tomato that I don't want to cut up, but I don't wantnbsp;to go to waste.nbsp; I'll take pictures before he meets his demise.I have never had a pedicure.nbsp; I don't know if I could handle someone touching my feet.nbsp; Probably not. Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

If you have too much I'm nearby... Just saying. Haha

I had a pedicure on Monday. It was nice. Love it. And so far it's holding up nicely. I wanted cute toes for my showers this weekend and next. I'm getting a prenatal massage when we get back. I figure after 3 airplane flights and a week of traveling and strange beds I will have earned it.
  • The in-laws are headed here from Denver this afternoon.  It's MiL's 80th bday and H and I are hosting the celebration.  It'll be a family reunion as well - kids, grands, and great-grands will be here.  Luckily it's a rather small family.  I want to add one more salad/side to the menu.  Any ideas?  Has to be really easy tho. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.  Last time we were all together was at our wedding in Jul 2010.  H has seen his mother since because he takes his annual golf trip out west, but I haven't.

Pedicures - I can go either way.  I have problems with my feet so yeah, they feel good to be pampered, but on the other hand, I am so ticklish; I look like a goon sitting there laughing uncontrollably.
  • I want a yard to put a garden in. And to let the dog out into. Hopefully next year. Though H is trying to convince me that we should rent a house instead of buying one. So, we'll see. Some of his arguments for renting are valid, but so are some of mine for buying.
  • Morning! Late, as always. 

I've been crazyyy busy at work lately since one of our educators left. I've been covering two counties and it's exhausting. My bosses are super dragging their feet to hire another educator too, which just drags out how long I'll be swamped. Plus I'm working on my Master's Comp, due one week from yesterday, and trying to finish my class and prep for a national credentialing exam. Needless to say, my brain needs a serious break from life. 

Duck farts sound gross. Have you ever heard of a gorilla fart? It's where they take that rubber mat under the bar top that catches spills and just dump it into a shot glass. I've never tried one and don't plan to. 

I've also never had a pedicure. I'm thinking I may get one before my wedding. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'll trade you for some jam, Loopy!

This is the first year with my big garden, so I'm learning and taking notes on what worked, what didn't and what I want to do differently.  Next year is going to be even more awesome!

I also need to take a picture of one of my butternut squash that grew under the lip of the garden and has an actual butt.  I think it's hilarious.
  • What's in a Three Wise Men? I'm really excited for the weekend. I'm even taking a half day tomorrow, which is awesome to look forward to. FI and I are going home to Syracuse and I'm pumped to eat some Tully's Tenders and see our friends. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Les, I'm happy to take some of that salsa off your hands.  :)

Blue, bacon is always a good idea and I hope everything is ok. 

H told me last night that he volunteered me to work a charity golf tournament on Saturday (totally fine) but we have to be there at 5:30 and it's a 45 minute drive there (totally not fine).  Granted, I get up around 4:00 every morning anyway but still...  It's Saturday man!

• H has ticket for the Ryder Cup since it's practically in our backyard.  I'm glad he's able to attend.  I was reading a local newspaper article about the people who live in the same neighborhood as the golf course.  Many people are leaving for that time period and renting out their homes.  One couple who is across the street from Medinah is going to live in their RV and rent out the house to some corp.  Didn't say which one or how much they are getting in rent, but the wife did say it was almost enough to pay for their three children's private schools for a year.  Yikes! No one is interested in a smallish 3 bedroom within a 15 min drive?  Please, please?
  • Your drink concoctions are making me gaggy. Mat shot? Disgusting.

H has a garden but doesn't do much with it. I don't care enough to help outside of collecting the green beans. Now if we had cucumbers, I'd be out there every day treating the plants like my babies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d4abbed-2a55-4923-ac06-9ddbe96b5c8dPost:1bca6a73-f4d3-461a-8e86-253a02961933">Re: Its TOO EARLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Marrin, that's pretty common to do for the major golf tournaments.  I've heard of people making a ton of money doing that.  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm out of luck then since I doubt any major tournaments will be played at the local par 3 :) 

Off to work and hoping I'm not too stressed and hagged out looking at the end of the shift since I have to change and meet up with H's family for a late dinner.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d4abbed-2a55-4923-ac06-9ddbe96b5c8dPost:08b9824e-acd7-42bd-91a3-3670bda44561">Re: Its TOO EARLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Your drink concoctions are making me gaggy</strong>. Mat shot? Disgusting. H has a garden but doesn't do much with it. I don't care enough to help outside of collecting the green beans. Now if we had cucumbers, I'd be out there every day treating the plants like my babies.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Me too Sesh. Too bad we're not closer we could come to your book event.
  • In Response to Re:Its TOO EARLY!:[QUOTE]I'll trade you for some jam, Loopy!This is the first year with my big garden, so I'm learning and taking notes on what worked, what didn't and what I want to do differently.nbsp; Next year is going to be even more awesome!I also need to take a picture of one of my butternut squash that grew under the lip of the garden and has an actual butt.nbsp; I think it's hilarious. Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d4abbed-2a55-4923-ac06-9ddbe96b5c8dPost:224dea05-1890-439c-bbcb-9f92f6aa40d5">Re: Its TOO EARLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its TOO EARLY! : Me too Sesh. Too bad we're not closer we could come to your book event.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

You know you've been meaning to visit Florida. You should come to my October event. Rides, games, fair food, total awesomeness. It's my favorite weekend of the year.
  • Ha, yeah, at least 8 hours. So close, and yet, so not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards