Wisconsin

Guest transportation issues

I'm getting married in August at a barn in Arena (about half an hour from Madison). It's kind of out in the middle of nowhere.

The House on the Rock resort is nearby, but very expensive so I doubt most of my OOT guests (I have a lot of them) will stay there. I've reserved rooms at a hotel on the east side of Madison (where my parents live) because my parents think most of my extended family will want to stay close to them. However, this is about 45 minutes away from the wedding.

I'm not too worried about people drunk driving, as my family aren't big drinkers. I just don't want them to have to drive almost an hour at 10-11 pm.

FI's extended family is mostly local to the area, but they are big drinkers so FI thinks a lot of them will end up getting a room at the resort, so we may get a shuttle to take people between the wedding and the resort. But what about my family members?

Re: Guest transportation issues

• I would just look into hiring a shuttle that would take guests from the hotel to the reception and back. My sisters'did that at their weddings and the ones who wanted to use it and not leave their car at the receptions sites overnight took advantaged and those who realized they drank too much or were too tired used the shuttle to get a safe ride back after the reception.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Consider a coach bus. We worked with Lamers Bus Lines for our guest transportation and had an excellent experience.

I say coach bus versus school bus, as the coach buses are air conditioned and have a restroom!

If you do choose a coach bus it likely wouldn't have to make multiple trips like a smaller shuttle bus would.

• 6279 County Highway C, Spring Green, WI
    (608) 588-7828 · springvalleyinn.com

400 Springs Dr, Spring Green, WI
    (608) 588-7000 · thehouseontherock.com
    E 5116 U.S. 14, Spring Green, WI
    (608) 588-2323 · usonianinn.com

E4830 US Highway 14, Spring Green, WI
    (608) 588-2568 · theroundbarnlodge.com

E5269B US Highway 14, Spring Green, WI
    (608) 588-2141 · springgreenmotel.net

S13220 Shifflet Rd, Spring Green, WI
    (608) 588-2826 · wiriverside.com