Pre-wedding Parties

Eloped and now planning THE day

2»

Re: Eloped and now planning THE day

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_eloped-now-planning-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:d2b13043-f2a4-4e17-9396-9227cac8dfb0Post:718b4954-145c-473f-a495-35b638601e8d">Re: Eloped and now planning THE day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eloped and now planning THE day : My husband openly farts, clips his toenails, and occasionally picks his nose in front of me.  These actions aren't magically socially acceptable in polite company just because I don't personally get offended by them. 
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Love this.  My husband often decides that he's not wearing pants when we eat dinner.  It doesn't bug me but that's certainly not socially acceptable.
  • LilMissCookieLilMissCookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I also eloped. We are haveing our bachelor/ette parties and everything. We arent having a bridal shower but i dont see a problem with doing so if you choose. My wedding is in November. I eloped in June...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LilMissCookieLilMissCookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ignore the Negativity and do what YOU want to do...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_eloped-now-planning-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:d2b13043-f2a4-4e17-9396-9227cac8dfb0Post:114df57b-c8bd-4ceb-badf-993acac406c3">Re: Eloped and now planning THE day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ignore the Negativity and do what YOU want to do...
    Posted by LilMissCookie[/QUOTE]

Yes, do what you want to do even if it defies logic and appropriateness.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, please do what you want. You can register for gifts, and if people buy them, they do... if not than w/e. 

Why is it such a big deal for someone to do something that defies logic or appropriateness or ettiquette? I am pretty positive that alot of what we all do at one point was considered unappropriate and probably some of what each of us are doing is not the correct "ettiquette" way of doing them. So what? 
    image A sadly neglected Bio
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_eloped-now-planning-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:d2b13043-f2a4-4e17-9396-9227cac8dfb0Post:91940803-bffc-460d-922b-4ca1dd0b0f6a">Re: Eloped and now planning THE day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, please do what you want. You can register for gifts, and if people buy them, they do... if not than w/e.  Why is it such a big deal for someone to do something that defies logic or appropriateness or ettiquette? I am pretty positive that alot of what we all do at one point was considered unappropriate and probably some of what each of us are doing is not the correct "ettiquette" way of doing them. So what? 
    Posted by akinal311[/QUOTE]

Really?  I legitimately don't get this.

When planning my wedding or really, when doing anything of a social nature I want to be nice to others and I want to make them comfortable.  The last thing I want to do is act with a sense of entitlement or do something that others will think is rude.  As an adult I understand that when I make choices there are repercussions for those choices be they good, bad or indifferent - I stll accept the responsibility for my actions.

I simply cannot understand those who think that it's perfectly fine to do something that's rude and think that there's a sense of entitlement to do this.  I see it all the time - from the posts on here to the person who once said to the train conductor in DH's town, "That train can't leave, my HUSBAND isn't on it yet!" and it just baffles me that people think that the rules of polite society simply don't apply to what they're doing.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards