Canada

Place to take photos Toronto West

Hi there We are getting married at the Argonaut Rowing Club which is on Lakeshore West (very west) past Atlantis. We are looking for a Plan B in case of Rain and recently found out the Sunnyside Pavillion does not give out photo permits past the end of September as they are closed. So now, we are looking for somewhere in that region to take pics. We could go to Union Station or BCE place, but my concern is Saturday night traffic on Lakeshore. Does anyone have any suggestions for place to take pic or any comment on Saturday night traffic on Lakeshore? I don't drive there that much so I have no idea what it is like. Monique

Re: Place to take photos Toronto West

• edited December 2011
    Lakeshore/Gardner traffic is usually pretty good on a Saturday night. When were you thinking of getting your pics taken? How much time do you have between your ceremony and the reception? There is James Gardens in Etobicoke if you were looking for a more garden-y type feel to your pics, I have also seen people get their pics taken near that white bridge near parklawn and lakeshore with the lake in the background. Alternatively, you might consider taking pics outside of a golf course (St. Georges at Islington and Eglinton is really nice). Have you considered High Park? What type of setting do you want for your pics?
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traffic would be highly dependent on whether there was a Jays/Raptors/Leafs game that day, I think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    If you are ok with outdoor photos you could go a bit north of Lakeshore and try in and aroun High Park. It's beautiful in the fall. Otherwise maybe you could borrow the Palais Royale if there isn't another wedding on that night?
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the same place.

We are going to get pictures at the Distillery District before the ceremony.
  • Need a DressNeed a Dress member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Music Gardens on Queens Quay!  You could go to various places around the harbour front as well.
    We had our engagement shoot there, and it was so beautiful!

http://www.toronto.ca/parks/music_index.htm
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took our engagement pictures in the King West area, with tons of different types of buildings and little alcoves, however I'm not sure if we'll use those spots again.  We did our picture on a Sunday evening when most of those places were closed, and a Saturday afternoon will most likely have that area packed with people.

The music garden is pretty - I can see it from my balcony right now!

In terms of indoor, Union Station would be a lot of fun (I am considering that for an indoor location as well), or maybe somwhere on the Exhbition fairgrounds?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards