California-Inland Empire

Invitations

Hi Ladies
Do you have any suggestions on a place to get my invitations.  I have about 160.00 dollars to spend on 100.00 invites and reception cards.  Help Please?! I have been looking for over a week now..

Thank you
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Invitations

• edited December 2011
    Are you opposed to DIY?
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased 2 kits from Target for $17 each (they were on clearance).  They had the RSVP, invitation, and envelopes, 50 in each pack.  They had a preprinted design on it and I typed up the wording I wanted and printed it on to the invites myself.  Cost me $35 for 100!  The pics are in my planning bio link under my siggy. 

You can also try etsy.com.

As for reception cards you can design your own and print it on cardstock.

CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Here ya go.  I blocked out the personal details like our names so ignore the word "ROCK" and the guitar pick!  LOL

CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using a girl that was on the african american knot board. She's now dedicated to helping brides with their paper items. She charges $13.50 for the custom design, then you can go to staples or whatever to print it out. If your interested, let me know.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats so cool!  Kasi, I didnt know that a DIY could look so good.  I will go check out Target & Michaels and see what I can come up with.  Desi-that would be great if you could get me her information.  I might as well try both options and see what fit best :-)

Thanks Girls!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It takes some time to do but it saves a ton.  Also, there's more intricate-looking DIY invitation kits.  Some have ribbon and other decorative stuff.  Mine only had the damask print. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    look for "the buckeye bride" I will pm her email when i get  home
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    The Target invitations were on sale when I went there tonight.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool.  I think im going to plan an invite date and all the BM's are gonna get together and do the invites :-)
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the Michales invites and used the 40% off coupon each week. So it took me 3 weeks to buy them but worth it since i spent less than $70 for 90 or 100 invites :)
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like DIY is the way to go!!  Michael's has nice invitation kits. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know..I was very surprised about the responses.  I didnt know so many people do their invites themselves.  Its so hard because im trying to stay in budget that my parents set and all the invites I had found were over 300.00.  Im excited to start making the invitations.
  • edited December 2011
    There's a lot of DIY things you can do for your wedding.  I did a ton including my cake topper (covered it in crystals), the favors, and some general decor.  Don't be shy to ask us questions about DIY or vendors or anything wedding related.  We are here to help! 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I still haven't decided if I am going to DIY the invites or just buy them. I'll see how much time I have.

I do like a lot of the invites of www.123print.com and they are VERY reasonably priced.

• mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i seen really cute kits at michaels too however not sure if you looked at www.exclusivelyweddings.com but they have really good prices too. i seen several in the low 100.00 for 100 invites.

not sure why all my writing went green but whatever! lol....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards