Nebraska-Omaha

Looking for a Ceremony Cite

My fiance and I are looking for a ceremony site for August. 

We do not want to get married in a church, but our reception hall doesn't have a space for the actual wedding.  I'd love something classic or quirky.  Outdoors is fine as long as there's a backup space indoors in case of rain.

Any Ideas?

Thanks everyone!

Sarah and Mark

Re: Looking for a Ceremony Cite

• edited December 2011
    We are using Crowne Plaza Hotel. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Mt Vernon in Omaha. It doesn't have a backup for rain however. But I just planned on going to my reception venue if it did rain. Although I'm praying that doesn't happen. haha =]
  • ashynichashynich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since my wedding is in November and I couldn't risk booking an outdoor wedding i am using Bayliss Park Hall in Council Bluffs for my ceremony site and reception.  The ceremony is downstairs and the reception will be upstairs, so it's still seperate.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding at the Magnolia Hotel on Howard St.  The ceremony takes place in this 1920s Italian style courtyard.  The bride comes down this huge staircase and then down the aisle.  It is so beautiful, I knew as soon as I saw it!  They have a backup ceremony room for rain, but it only holds about 80 people.  You can also do it in the reception room.

Courtyard:

Backup room:

Reception

First Date: March 10, 2007
    Engaged: August 21, 2010
    Wedding: June 4, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Bellevue Volunteer Firefighter Hall,, can hold 250, and i just used it for our ceremony site,, they have a post on "Merchant Circle"  they are brand new.  very nice and able to turn into a wonderland.
    http://www.delacruzstudios.smugmug.com/weddings

Jennifer
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Natural birthing,home birthing,baby wearing,breastfeeding,nonvax,midwife/emt/firefighter mom of four, hoping for number five
  • HiLLjOHiLLjO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rick's Boatyard has a patio!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards