Plus-Sized
Options

Again, To the married ladies...

Anything you felt like you could have skipped and should have just saved your money on?  

For example favors, photo booth, alcohol 

Anything totally worth splurging on?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Again, To the married ladies...

• Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We skipped the photobooth - no big deal at all.

We kept our favors simple (little organza bags of jelly bellys - wedding was a week before Easter).  We could have completely skipped them, but we thought they were fun and were pretty cheap.

We also kept out flowers simple - smaller bouquets with bold colors, DIY centerpieces (floating gerbera daisy heads in a shallow dish - we ordered stems from our florist and lots of votive candles) and we used live blooming plants scattered around the room for more color (and were only about $15-20 each).  Work with your florist and use in season flowers to keep costs in check.

We opted for a simple/standard buttercream frosted cake.  No upcharges for fancy decorations or different shapes.  It was very elegant in its simplicity.

We had a limited bar - wine, beer, soda, and juice only.

We didn't have a limo (ceremony was at the same location as the reception).

We also went home instead of to a hotel on our wedding night.  I liked the idea of being home as husband and wife on the first night and it allowed us an extra splurge meal on our minimoon.

We splurged on the food - worth every penny.  We got a great DJ and photographer.  We were lucky that April was still considered off-season and got nice discounts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    elio23elio23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

I wish I would've skipped the little (but expensive) details I chose. For example, I had a personalized cake topper made to resemble my husband and I with our beagle.  It was a cute detail but now it sits on our bookshelf. (personalized knife set also makes the list)  

Two things I wouldn't skimp on are alcohol and photography.  I'm REALLY glad I took other brides' advice and booked an experienced photographer because the pictures are all I have left of the wedding now and I'm fortunate enough to have pictures I love.  Trust me, it's totally worth the extra money.   

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards