California-Northern

Looking for outdoor wedding venue along the coast of California

I live in Washington and go to college in Arizona but want to have my wedding in California somewhere along the coast, like in Santa Monica.  I do not want a beach wedding but some location that is outdoors and can see the beach.  Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for venues or how to go about searching for venues while I'm away from there?
Photobucket

Re: Looking for outdoor wedding venue along the coast of California

• edited December 2011
    I live in Washington and go to college in Arizona but want to have my wedding in California somewhere along the coast, like in Santa Monica.  I do not want a beach wedding but some location that is outdoors and can see the beach.  Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for venues or how to go about searching for venues while I'm away from there?
    Photobucket
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to TK!

2 things!!

1, the best place to post this will be on the local board in Cali! They will be able to recommend more places for you!! I'm going to move your post over there!! Hope they can help you more

2. Your Siggy Picture is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You might want to make it a little smaller!!

Happy Planning!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • alyssag721alyssag721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at here comes the guide website.

Also check out ragged point in Big Sur:

I saw this on a photographer's website and it's stunning.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I would check out seascape. 
  • bethcarriebethcarrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are several locations in Half Moon Bay with water views.  Or would Monterey be an option for you?  There are multiple hotels along the water, and some of the public parks, like Lovers Point Park, allow wedding ceremonies.  Or the Cliff House in SF has a really dramatic ocean view.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at New Brighton State Beach in Capitola. Our ceremony will be held on the actaul beach but our reception will be on the cliff overlooking the beach. There is a covered picnic area there. Its a beautiful location for what you are looking for.
    Here is the link
    http://www.santacruzstateparks.org/events/venue_detail.php?id=5
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards