Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Fun songs for recessional after ceremony??

Does anyone have any ideas for a fun song for the recessional after the ceremony?  We are a couple known for laughing and having a good time and we want to incorporate this in at the end of our ceremony.  I've looked on YouTube but it seems like everyone does the same songs to "dance back down the aisle" ("Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night etc....)

I'd like something a little different so any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fun songs for recessional after ceremony??

• We walked back down the aisle to Throne Room (Star Wars).
    It was awesome. The people that got it pretty much died and couldn't stop talking about it.. but we're total scifi geeks so it fit. 
  • Grow old with you from The Wedding Singer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My first wedding was in 2001 and this song was really old back then (it's from 1969), but we all had a good time with it: I Love You More Today Than Yesterday (Spiral Staircase).

It was fun and upbeat and recognizable to guests of all ages.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_fun-songs-for-recessional-after-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:789ccfd9-17cd-4c20-b423-58679a690b8cPost:27b2e81c-e40e-4170-98f1-25b894b10e68">Re: Fun songs for recessional after ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Grow old with you from The Wedding Singer. 
    Posted by rmo57536[/QUOTE]

We are using this for our recessional!!

Here are some of the other ones we considered:
    <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="334" style="width:251pt;border-collapse:collapse;"> <tbody><tr height="20" style="height:15pt;"> <td class="xl63" width="334" height="20" style="border:0px black;width:251pt;height:15pt;background-color:transparent;"><font face="Calibri" size="2">the white stripes - I can tell that we are going to be friends</font></td> </tr> </tbody></table><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="334" style="width:251pt;border-collapse:collapse;"> <tbody><tr height="20" style="height:15pt;"> <td class="xl65" width="334" height="20" style="border:0px black;width:251pt;height:15pt;background-color:transparent;"><font face="Calibri" size="2">Noah and the whale - 5 years time</font></td> </tr> </tbody></table><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="290" style="width:218pt;border-collapse:collapse;"> <tbody><tr height="20" style="height:15pt;"> <td width="290" height="20" style="border:0px black;width:218pt;height:15pt;background-color:transparent;"><font face="Calibri" size="3">Bohemian Rhapsody - Vitamin String Quartet</font></td> </tr> </tbody></table><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="345" style="width:259pt;border-collapse:collapse;"> <tbody><tr height="20" style="height:15pt;"> <td width="345" height="20" style="border:0px black;width:259pt;height:15pt;background-color:transparent;"><font face="Calibri" size="3">Baby im yours - Artic Monkeys</font></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• We're looking for this too. So far, I like "you've got the love" in the Florence and the machine version, or "One fine day" from Carol King. But we're not there quite yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • These are all really good suggestions ladies, thanks!!  We are having a very traditional Irish ceremony so the whole thing from beginning to end will be different but we just wanted something that would show "us" to dance back up the aisle with.

I'm going to go on YouTube and look all these up (well at least the ones I'm not familiar with)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_fun-songs-for-recessional-after-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:789ccfd9-17cd-4c20-b423-58679a690b8cPost:fcc5442a-f701-4e8d-9fc3-007a28079d4c">Re: Fun songs for recessional after ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fun songs for recessional after ceremony?? : We are using this for our recessional!! Here are some of the other ones we considered: the white stripes - I can tell that we are going to be friends Noah and the whale - 5 years time Bohemian Rhapsody - Vitamin String Quartet Baby im yours - Artic Monkeys
    Posted by toothpastechica[/QUOTE]

Oh!  I love that noah and the whale song!!

We're using Sweet Child o Mine, Vitamin String Quarter version, or Chocolate by Snow Patrol, also Vitamin String Quartet version
  • We looked at a bunch of songs, including Ring of Fire and I Walk the LIne, but we finally decided on 500 Miles.  We both love the song (the original and the Steven Curtis Chapman version) and it was a song that was playing during one of our first dates... something different and still upbeat.

Have fun!
  • We haven't completely decided yet but I was thinking of Bruno Mars "marry you" it's a cute upbeat song and thought it would be a fun way to start cocktail hour!  I should mention we are having an acoustic guitar player/singer so it won't be the original version.
  • We used "My Best Friend" by Queen

• I love all Vitamin String Quartet versions of these songs! We are doing Beautiful Day by U2-VSQ version. And I'm walking down the aisle to Yellow by Coldplay-VSQ version. We thought about doing Don't Stop Belevin' as exit song but FI vetoed it :(
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Learning to make a good brisket is only the beginning. www.shiksatoyenta.wordpress.com
  • We used "Happy Together" by the Turtles.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_fun-songs-for-recessional-after-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:789ccfd9-17cd-4c20-b423-58679a690b8cPost:49871cfb-af81-4dd7-a14b-c4712e6d685c">Re: Fun songs for recessional after ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't completely decided yet but I was thinking of Bruno Mars "marry you" it's a cute upbeat song and thought it would be a fun way to start cocktail hour!  I should mention we are having an acoustic guitar player/singer so it won't be the original version.
    Posted by tikkledpink19[/QUOTE]

My FI wanted to copy Glee and do this for the BP going down the aisle. I think it's better for a recessional or the introduction for the new mr&mrs to the reception. I'm trying to talk him into it now....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_fun-songs-for-recessional-after-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:789ccfd9-17cd-4c20-b423-58679a690b8cPost:9891166c-23a4-46ec-8748-2f207dedacac">Re: Fun songs for recessional after ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We walked back down the aisle to Throne Room (Star Wars). It was awesome. The people that got it pretty much died and couldn't stop talking about it.. but we're total scifi geeks so it fit. 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
    I'm surprising my FI by playing this for the recessional. He's a huge Star Wars fan and joked about wanting to do this. 
  • We are using Jimmy Buffet's Luck & Love.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_fun-songs-for-recessional-after-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:789ccfd9-17cd-4c20-b423-58679a690b8cPost:acf45fdd-2558-464f-b954-a2932441cd34">Re: Fun songs for recessional after ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whatever you choose....google the lyrics.  Don't assume that you "know" a song because you've heard it a thousand times. To a previous poster:  <strong>you might want to re-think "Beautiful Day", because it is NOT about a beautiful day</strong>.  It's about struggling to find beauty in an ugly, violent world.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I agree to looking up the lyrics...however she mentioned that she was wanting the <strong>VSQ version of it, which is instrumental</strong>. I think if its a song you love, and is instrumental, no one is really going to question the validity or words of it.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_fun-songs-for-recessional-after-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:789ccfd9-17cd-4c20-b423-58679a690b8cPost:27e4349b-2cdc-475a-9446-e248e005b946">Re: Fun songs for recessional after ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used "Happy Together" by the Turtles.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]
     <div>
    </div><div><3 it!</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're having a Simpsons themed wedding (not overly done, but we're both huge fans, and incorporating where we can).

We're getting a friend of a friend to overdub the Simpsons Theme song with our last name.  It's absolutely perfect! Laughing
  • Okay, so since we are getting married in Vegas, and the first thing everyone automatically assumes is that Elvis is marrying us (lol) would it be too cheeky to dance back down the aisle to something like "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis?  Or another upbeat Elvis song if "A Little Less Conversation" is too much. lol
  • Other options (just FYI) that I'm considering are:

Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    You Can't Hurry Love
    Burnin Love
    One Fine Day
    Nowhere to Run
    Rave On (Buddy Holly)
    I Want You Back - Jackson 5
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered
    Lovefool - The Cardigans
    So Happy Together
    All Shook Up
    Love Shack

I know, crazy list.  I'm really thinking about "A Little Less Conversation" though haha
  • One of my (non Knottie) friends also recommended "We Go Together" from Grease.  Thoughts?
  • Songs we considered include:

"Everything" - Michael Buble
    "I Do" - Colbie Caillat
    "Smile" - Uncle Kracker
    "This WIll be Our Year" - Ok Go
    "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
    "1, 2, 3, 4" - Plain White T's

And finally decided on "Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti & Spearhead

I was surprised at how hard it was to choose an appropriate, upbeat and contemporary song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to walk down to More than a Feeling by Boston. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • dazenron72dazenron72 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    We are walking out to Foo Fighters ~ Everlong. It's a kickin song. Following that song is Neo Trees ~ Everybody Talks, thats to keep people in a good mood while waiting a little and then Colbie Caillat's ~ I Do...We are such an upbeat couple. We did not want church music...boring. Something people will say, "Dang remember when they walked out to that song".
  • We are thinking of songs as well.

I like Aint no mountain high enough.
    Its fun and everyone knows the words! I am going to get my bridal party in on the recession dance!!
  • Ours was Sonny & Cher's "I Got You Babe".  Most of the guests were singing along.  We had a preception, with alcohol, before the ceremony which might have factored into our guests' enthusiasm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are walking back to "Me and My Cello" by the Piano Guys. It's basically an instrumental version of "Happy together" by The Beatles. 
  • We're having 'can't help falling in love with you' but the Lick the Tins version. Love, love, love it!
  • Zombie thread!
    Oops!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards