North Carolina
Options

Outdoor Weddings

I'm not getting married til 2012 but my mom wants me to decide on a venue. I want an outdoor wedding but I'm not sure there are that many places around Hickory, NC to look. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoor Weddings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few places...  I looked at:

The Peacock Inn (beautiful place, I had some issues with getting in contact with them I just ultimately decided on Charlotte instead of my FI's hometown)
    Verdict Ridge Golf Club (actually in Denver, though)
    Mosteller Mansion
    Carrigan Farms is in Mooresville... not too far and is a beautiful outdoor venue!

And I know there was someplace else... I cannot think of the name.  If I think of it/find it in all of my notes I will post it.  I would not reccomend dealing with the gentleman who runs it though --- he was very rude to my family and I the entire time we were there, but it's an outside venue and I want to give you an option!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • Options
    redhead3985redhead3985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rumbling Bald Resort in Lake Lure is outdoors, on the lake, with mountains as the backdrop. I think its about an hour from Hickory.
  • Options
    calealishacalealisha member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!! I had no idea it would be as hard as it is to find a place that was within our budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your budget?  How far from Hickory are you wililng to travel?
  • Options
    calealishacalealisha member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided just to move the wedding to the beach. Thanks for all the ideas!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards