Massachusetts-Boston
Options

SPARKLERS!

I really want a sparkler exit as we leave the reception... but they're illegal in Mass., right? Compounding the problem, our reception is in Quincy, where we're required by law to have a police detail... so our 150 guests would be waving them right under the police officer's nose.

Has anyone used sparklers as their exit? Was there a police detail there, and did you get in trouble?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
158 image 125 image 33 image 0image RSVP Date: May 27

Re: SPARKLERS!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    RI now can sell them and I believe iParty will be carrying them and probably Walmart and Target too.  You should call around and ask. 

No feedback on the other items.  :)
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im having my wedding in Salem, MA and my coordinator said they were legal to have. So we got them and are planning on it! I hope it is legal...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used them but they are definitely illegal in Mass.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sparkler's are legal with local approval.  Check with your local police or fire department.  It's really pretty but difficult to pull off.  By the time the last person's is lit, the first one has long-since gone out.  Good luck!
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Moneypenny424Moneypenny424 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding that used sparklers during the first dance (not in MA).  The person handing out the sparklers (a guest who is actually a fireworks professional) suffered 2nd degree burns when a spark ignited all of the sparklers he had in his hand at one time.

I'm not saying this is common, but injuries and damage to dresses (yes, the sparks fly and damage delicate fabrics) definitely happen and are something to think about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are not illegal in MA.  Check with your venue to see if they allow them (many venues do not).  We had to clear it with both our venue and the local fire chief.  Both gave the okay (Indian Pond CC and Kingston FD).  We ordered 36" sparklers from www.sparklersonline.com, and they worked fantastic.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    jennalyn37jennalyn37 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi, 
      I unfortunately don't have any information on sparklers, but was wondering if you could possibly help me with any information about getting a police detail for a wedding event. I am looking at a venue in Lincoln, MA and I have heard they require one. Does anyone know how you would go about getting a police officer for the wedding and the average cost? I have been googling it and have had no luck. Thank you for your time, and good luck with pulling off the sparklers!!!

• Options
    mia082683mia082683 member
    edited December 2011
    Just call the police department.  Every town will be different I would think.
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards