New York-Long Island

Nonreligious officiant or JOP needed please :

Anyone have any recommendations on a good officiant that is not for any religious denomination? We want a nonreligious ceremony. My sister had a reverend for hers and I thought he talked about god too much and we don't believe in it or practice any religion. Are most reverends going to speak about God? Are we better off with a justice of the peace? We're getting married at the reception hall. Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nonreligious officiant or JOP needed please :

• We used retired Jude William Corbett. I would highly reccomend him 517-775-6849
  • You may also want to look into getting an officiant from the Ethical Humanist Society. My friend was married by someone from that group in Maryland and it was a lovely, nonreligious ceremony.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_nonreligious-officiant-or-jop-needed-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:cc045d33-4a11-4aa4-befd-3d03e2d42334Post:91209c1d-d94b-42c1-9625-09998c4d73fa">Re:Nonreligious officiant or JOP needed please :</a>:
    [QUOTE]You may also want to look into getting an officiant from the Ethical Humanist Society. My friend was married by someone from that group in Maryland and it was a lovely, nonreligious ceremony.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

thank you. do they do weddings all over the country?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_nonreligious-officiant-or-jop-needed-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:cc045d33-4a11-4aa4-befd-3d03e2d42334Post:ed6f031b-a029-455b-9653-0eca672ab843">Re: Nonreligious officiant or JOP needed please :</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used retired Jude William Corbett. I would highly reccomend him 517-775-6849
    Posted by jap6955[/QUOTE]

hah thanks- assuming you mean 516? 517 (Michigan) ia a bit far lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Nonreligious officiant or JOP needed please ::[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Nonreligious officiant or JOP needed please ::You may also want to look into getting an officiant from the Ethical Humanist Society. My friend was married by someone from that group in Maryland and it was a lovely, nonreligious ceremony.Posted by StephBeanWed61502thank you. donbsp;they do weddings all over the country? Posted by OwningAHome1981[/QUOTE]

There is a Long Island chapter. I would link but I can't on TK mobile. Just Google Ethical Humanist Society Long Island and their page is the first result.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Sorry yes 516. Read his reviews he was really great. He sat down with us for an hour to get to know us. This day he was just some stranger on our wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards