North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Anyone else getting baby-pressured? (Vent)

My FMIL won't stop talking to me about getting preggo! It is driving me insane. Yes, of course, my Fiance and I want to have children togther, but can we not at least wait until marriage for christ's sake??? The thing is, her unmarried daughter is 8 months preganant right now. Isn't one grandchild at a time enough? Yesterday she must have told me 10 times how she wanted us to have a girl, what said baby girl's name should be, and when she should be born. I just am TIRED. I want to get married first. I already bought my dress and I would prefer to not have to buy another to accomodate a baby bump. I just needed to vent. I'm going to say something to her that I shouldn't if she brings it up again.....
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Anyone else getting baby-pressured? (Vent)

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Vent away....that's what we are here for.

Sorry to hear that she is on your case so much about this....especially since the wedding is top priority at the moment.  It sounds like she has a severe case of grand-baby fever on her hands.  I  would just try to change the subject anytime she brings it up....or simply say in a nonchalant way that it's really important to the both of you to be settled in marriage before jumping on the baby train. 

Or you could just buy her a Cabbage Patch doll, lol.

• Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_anyone-else-getting-baby-pressured-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:64b055c9-c089-4799-bb1b-ddbbbfb2d0acPost:fd4b75c7-8c60-45d0-9e20-df343ad68385">Re: Anyone else getting baby-pressured? (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vent away....that's what we are here for. Sorry to hear that she is on your case so much about this....especially since the wedding is top priority at the moment.  It sounds like she has a severe case of grand-baby fever on her hands.  I  would just try to change the subject anytime she brings it up....or simply say in a nonchalant way that <strong>it's really important to the both of you to be settled in marriage before jumping on the baby train</strong>.  Or you could just buy her a Cabbage Patch doll, lol.
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Exactly this.  She should know that you guys need time to form your identity as a couple before you bring children into the mix.  That's a whole other phase of life.  Don't rush yourself into it.  Do it when YOU feel ready.  It's your life.  At the end of the day, the grandparents hand off the kids to you.

Maybe she needs a wedding project to keep her occupied.
  • Options
    dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, that's a tough one!  I will say though - you are probably really in for it, because no one really gave us any baby pressures pre-wedding, but it was mentioned in toasts at both the RD and the wedding!   We'll see if it continues!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards