Michigan-Grand Rapids

Barn Wedding

I have my heart set on having my wedding in a barn or a rustic building with lots of wood and exposed beams. Similar to the Bule Dress Barn but closer to GR. Does anyone know of a place near GR? I live in Kzoo so I don't mind somewhere maybe south of GR but want to keep it close so my guests who live in GR won't need to travel very far.

Re: Barn Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Its not necessarily a barn, but Bowens Mills is full of exposed beams. Its in Yankee Springs. Click on my bio to see some pics.
  • DanaTorngaDanaTornga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Looks good in the pictures, definitely going to have to check it out!
  • susanocosusanoco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Blue Dress Barn last summer and it was really wonderful having it there. I had my heart set on a barn as well, and didn't really find anything else as nice. I'm also from Kalamazoo with relatives traveling from the east side of the state, so I hesitated about the distance. But there's a Ramada in Watervliet that has a shuttle to and from the Blue Dress Barn for guests for $50. It was great because everyone stayed there and got the room rate of like $89 and then could take the shuttle. 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Nutt Farms in Ravenna. They are north-west of G.R. about 20 minutes. Their website is www.hitchingpostevents.com.

I fell in love with the Blue Dress Barn too but it was too far away for my family who are all north of G.R about an hour. We stumbled upon this place by accident last summer and they were just getting started but have been doing quite a few weddings this year. It's not exactly the same as the Blue Dress Barn but similar -- big hip roof barn with old barn wood and the quaint little farm look... We're getting married their in the fall and the owners have been very accommodating and are letting us apply our own style to the place. Another bonus -- cheaper than the Blue Dress Barn!

Good luck!
  • heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second PP. I was going to have my reception at Nutt Farms. Julie and Paul are excellent, they'll treat you just like family. Good, small town people. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Post Family Farm in Hudsonville on the lawn and having our reception in the barn. Their website doesnt do the venue justice. But it really is beautiful. If you get a chance, schedule a meeting with Annette and visit! The waterfall feature is really pretty as well :) Good luck!
  • DanaTorngaDanaTornga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Bowen's Mills this morning! Thanks chestr22!!!

I did look at Post Family Farm and I have to say that garden is absolutly amazing, you're right the pictures do not do it justice!
  • edited December 2011
    So awesome!! i know our wedding turned out amazing. As soon as our pics come back I'll post the link!! It was more beautiful then I had thought it would be!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Wildwood Family Farms in Caledonia.  Super nice family and will work with you to meet your needs.  The farm is really rustic and cute and they have awesome landscaping.  Unfortunately my FI does not like barns all to well or we would have had our wedding there! Good luck in your search!

http://www.wildwoodfamilyfarms.com/barn.asp
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards