New York-Western

Photography?

I have a VERY tight budget for my wedding, and many people have posted not to have family members take photos because you don't always get the best ones. I was wondering if anyone knows of any photographers who are really affordable but still take fairly decent pictures? So far the only place I have found that's even near my budget is Ayres Photography, and that's using the hourly rate. I don't really need any pics of the reception, so I only need someone for about 1 or 2 hours. TIA!!!
Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Photography?

• kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about hourly rates, so I'm no help with that.  Have you thought about contacting the local colleges to see if any photography students would like to take pictures in exchange for a reference??

My friend is using Ayres and she loves them.
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Kristen! ;)

You could also try Tess Moran, who is the photographer that my fiance and I are having photograph our wedding. She customizes everything to your liking, so there is no set package. Shes been really great so far!

www.tessmoran.com

Best of luck!
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you located?  We used Dana Marie Photography out of Niagara Falls for our Buffalo wedding.  We love love love how the pictures came out.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    My friend is a photographer who just graduated last month. He has already offered to do mine and he has many friends who are fresh out of college and willing to do events at a fraction of other photographers to build their portfolios. He just got a job as a photographer with the Buffalo Bills, too. 

coprulite@yahoo.com if you would like to get more info. 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would contact some photographers you like and see if they offer an hourly rate or what they can do within your budget. Many times they will be able to accommodate you even if it isn't listed on their website. Good luck.

imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    yay!  dana marie photography!  she is a very dear friend of mine...known her since i was born.  and a VERY talented photographer!
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:2016d4cf-65cc-4dec-af23-2a5d87589dbcPost:719d799c-75fd-4284-b95a-fc3397eeb31b">Re: Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]yay!  dana marie photography!  she is a very dear friend of mine...known her since i was born.  and a VERY talented photographer!
    Posted by cmalchow[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome!  We had such a good time with her and the album is being worked on now, I can't wait to have it in my hands.  It was so hard to narrow down those images because they were all so good.</div>
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Tess Moran!!!  She is so wonderful and her prices are reasonable.  www.tessmoran.com
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • deecee79deecee79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Photography by LIz, her prices were lower than competition but she's a solo worker out of her house so you may wait a lil bit till you get the final ones done as she's doing it all herself.
  • marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Robyn Baty Photography.  She has several different packages that vary in price.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Wendy Mitchell and she's fabulous!  I know she offers "by the hour" rates and she's very reasonable so I would check her out.  www.wendymitchellphotography.com
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • AWICK18AWICK18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out the wedding quarters in williamsville they have very reasonable prices and do beautiful work
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards