California-Los Angeles
Options

January 2013 Venue needed!!!

I am looking for venues to have a ceremony/reception in for a late January 2013 wedding!  We are having a smaller wedding (between 75-100 ppl) and would like to find a place that is going to be friendly for all of our guests (most are traveling in from out of state).
Neither of us are wanting to be downtown, but other than that we are pretty open. I have never been a "wedding planner" girl, so I am a bit overwhelmed trying to find a beautiful venue that isn't going to break the bank for our winter wedding!

Help!

Re: January 2013 Venue needed!!!

• Options
    Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
  • Options
    What's your price point and area?  I'm in LB and am using the Sky room!
  • Options
    Seconding PP -- what's your general budget?  Do you have a feel for what you're looking for (urban loft space, homey Spanish, beachy, etc. etc.)?
  • Options
    Look into Ramsey's At the Club in Toluca Lake. That's where my reception was and it was so, so awesome. We had 75 people and easily accomodated a dance floor.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Try La Canada Country Club, beautiful rooms, great packages! coordinator, Miki Mootsey is great
  • Options
    Try Loews Santa Monica... the Venice room fits that amout of people perfectly, looks out over the ocean, and you can have a beach or indoor ceremony. Ours is about the same size as your wedding and they have been great to work with. Plus, their food is amazing!
  • Options
    I have the same number of guests and just booked Electra Cruises in Newport Beach for less than $10k on a beautiful yacht! The package is all inclusive ;)
  • Options
    The Sportsmen's Lodge in Studio City. Sounds crazy, I know, but my friend was married there, it was pretty cheap. like just around $ 5,000 for ceremony and reception. She served food, had a roast beef carving station..and i believe 80 guests. I'm looking into it myself...her wedding was a ton of fun and beautiful too.
  • Options
    <h1>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_january-2013-venue-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:fd4bde7d-fa49-49e3-8081-2c6dd556b02aPost:791ddca4-4724-4b70-b370-58ec3e5c1c5f">January 2013 Venue needed!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for venues to have a ceremony/reception in for a late January 2013 wedding!  We are having a smaller wedding (between 75-100 ppl) and would like to find a place that is going to be friendly for all of our guests (most are traveling in from out of state). Neither of us are wanting to be downtown, but other than that we are pretty open. I have never been a "wedding planner" girl, so I am a bit overwhelmed trying to find a beautiful venue that isn't going to break the bank for our winter wedding! Help!
    Posted by Dilucastyle[/QUOTE]

i know the perfect place! a house with a killer lawn area in bel air. it is really elegand and charming and the perfect size for 100 guests. you can also rent the house for you or your guests to stay the night, or a few days. great for a rehersal dinner too! email <a href="mailto:joiecosentino@hotmail.com" rel="nofollow">joiecosentino@hotmail.com</a> for details</h1>
  • Options
    How much does Ramsey's and Loews end up costing? Are you happy with those venues?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards