Favors

rustic wedding favors crisis!

okay so, were back and forth on favors and i'm really big on getting things done ahead of time with that said, I need ideas for rustic theme wedding favors! So far i've thought about coozies but cannot find a site where its affordable? (our guest list is an est. 125- 130) people. And i've also come up with mini mason jars filled with trail or pub mix with a burlap ribbon around them! Does anyone know of anything else?

Re: rustic wedding favors crisis!

• ok, first breathe.  This is not a crisis, your wedding is 6 months off.  If you go getting wrapped around the axe handle about the little stuff this far out, you will be a basket case come April.

I'm not a koozie fan at all.  I hate using the term, but I just find them tacky.  The pub mix would be great.  Check amazon.com for jars.  They have all kinds.
  • Your snack-mix-in-the-jar sounds great, actually!  If you want some other options (and are interested in DIY), check out intimateweddings.com for ideas (I'm considering the bird seed ornaments they feature).

Also, you could do a google search for "in the jar" recipes -- the kind where you layer ingredients for cookies, soups, snacks or drink mixes in mason jars and then tie on the recipe (you could use a rustic twine instead of ribbon).  You may find something that you like, but honestly, your current idea would probably have a more immediate appeal to a wider range of guests.

Deep breath -- you're doing fine!  Smile
  • I bought twig pens with the bark sliced off of one side and burned the names of my guests into the wood. I'm using them as place cards.
  • Gourmet nuts are always nice! Like Cinnamon-Roasted Almonds or Chipotle Roasted Peanuts or Cashews. This Etsy shop sells 4oz and 2oz gold tins of them by request (and their prices are VERY reasonable). Check 'em out! :)
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CloudyCity
  • I just saw this and thought it was absolutely adorable.  It is a mason jar with a small Spruce tree plant in it for the guests to plant!

• I saw once where they did home-made jelly in mason jars; SUPER cute!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards