Interfaith Weddings

So thrilled!

I am so happy this board is back up and running. I am trying to figure out a Jewish/Catholic ceremony and I'm pulling my hair out!
Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio

Re: So thrilled!

• edited December 2011
    You're welcome.  Sometimes it just takes a squeaky wheel to get things fixed!

I'm surprised nobody thought to contact customer service before I did yesterday!  

Now Ladies, let's get this board rolling with our complicated ceremony issues!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anita Diamant wrote a great book called the New Jewish Wedding.  My copy has been passed on to the next bride blending traditions.  This book explained the thought behind the traditions.  Many of the traditions in Jewish and Christian ceremonies blend nicely because the religions share many commonalities.  

As a bride who went through this, I recommend a long program explaining the traditions and wordings used.  
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Anita Diamant book.

Another really helpful book is Celebrating Interfaith Marriages by Rabbi Devon Lerner.  There are several example ceremonies, plus she breaks down different ceremony elements and provides a number of options for each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards