October 2012 Weddings

After wedding thank you cards

how did you wait after the wedding to sent out thank you cards?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary

Re: After wedding thank you cards

• julie279julie279 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012

I started sending them out shortly after we got back from our honeymoon, about 2.5 weeks after the wedding.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We haven't done ours yet. I feel bad, but my invitation designer is being SLOW at getting them printed. I'm really hoping to have the cards and get them written and mailed out within the next week.

Anniversary
  • we didn't send ours either...i'm halfway done writing them.
  • We haven't sent our yet and we really need to get on that especially since we barely have any to write.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We havent sent ours either, our photographer printed them up and i have to go pick them up which is an hour away... i am waiting for my album, parent albums, etc to be done so I can just make one trip, proper etiquette is up to a year, granted i will not take that long, but im really in no rush, just like people didnt rush to RSVP:)
  • We are halfway done.  We had over 100 to write.

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2012
    We're done with ours (~110), just need to finish addressing and stamping them.  The rule is that they're supposed to go out within 3 months of returning from your HM, but best case is sending them ASAP.  

People have a year to send a gift (if they so choose).  You don't get a year to write your TY notes.

ETA: 10/19
  • I haven't started yet (10/20 wedding) but am getting my pics from the photographer this week, and will be ordering thank yous immediately!!
    Anniversary
  • We haven't started yet - just received our thank you notes from Vistaprint.  We should work on that this week!  We got married 10/28 FYI.
    Anniversary
  • I was an exception because we didn't leave for our honeymoon for a week, so I got all but about 5 (that were family of my husbands that he needed to write) done that week and sent out before we left.  I sent them out as they were done rather than holding on to them.  Also, my husband still has two to write!  ha

• I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't sent them yet!!
    Anniversary
  • Mine were done and in the mail about 3 weeks after the wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ours went out first week in Nov.  I was writing them out during Hurricane Sandy. (Oct 6 wedding).  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Mine are all finished except for my cousin who did the videography. I'm waiting to do that one once we get the video from her. That was her and her husband's wedding present to us. They were out within a month, probably closer to three weeks. It would have been sooner, but I was too lazy to go get the stamps. lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We've started and got about 8 done...We actually don't have too much to write.  We send them out as soon as they are done so I'm not just holding on to them.  We need to get working on finishing these.  Wedding was on 10/14.
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • We've done about 35 of maybe 120? Still working. I'm very grateful that I have DH helping vs just doing them alone like the shower ones! Our goal is to have them out by the end of the month 10/14 wedding.
  • Mine were done and sent within 2 weeks... mind you we still have 10 to give to DH's friends... and a couple family members when we see them...

WE just recieved a thankyou from his friends wedding (that was 2.5 years ago) a week before our wedding lol
  • Mine were done and in the mail 2 weeks after the wedding. We havent taken our honeymoon yet so I had a lttle extra time in betwen studying for midterms and work.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • We just got ours and went through and divided up who's doing who, but I doubt we'll get started until next weekend. Depending on how late it take sme to get out of work today, I may start tonight. We'll see!
    Anniversary
  • We finished writing ours yesterday!!  We're waiting until the end of the week/beginning of next week to send them since I printed them with our new address.  We won't be moving until December 14.

Happy writing!
  • I'm still working on writing mine. I feel really bad that they're not out yet, but I just haven't had much time to sit down and write them : /  My people know that I'm trying to finish my Ph.D., so I'm hoping they'll that that I'm just crazy busy and not rude.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got ours out a week after we got back from the honeymoon.  We had about 20 to do (not bad).  I ordered Christmas cards with a pic from our wedding and I will send those out to all of our guests. 
  • We sent them all out in a big batch about 5 weeks after our wedding.  I was lucky...my husband (with support) wrote out all the ones for his side, and I did mine.  We started to do a few a night, then took an entire Saturday afternoon to do the bulk of them.   It was A LOT of work, but it felt so good to have them done! 
    Laughing
  • edited December 2012
    We got married on 10/13.  Our pro photos got to us while we were on our honeymoon (Thanksgiving week).  The first thing we did was pick photos for the cards and ordered from Vistaprint.

We got them in the mail last Friday and have been doing a couple each night.  It looks like we'll finish them tomorrow night and get them in the mail on Thursday. 

I can't wait to be done with them!  Finally, all wedding tasks will be complete :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_after-wedding-thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:96a70567-e214-4567-bf46-7497c8d44fddPost:1252a209-6f3e-4dd6-8835-5d1a7cde7162">Re: After wedding thank you cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]We havent sent ours either, our photographer printed them up and i have to go pick them up which is an hour away... i am waiting for my album, parent albums, etc to be done so I can just make one trip, proper etiquette is up to a year, granted i will not take that long, but im really in no rush, just like people didnt rush to RSVP:)
    Posted by mpjf1001[/QUOTE]

Etiquette is absolutely NOT one year.  Guests have a year to give you a gift.  It doesn't apply to thank yous.  Emily Post says you have 3 months from the ceremony.  I think that is a little long. I am doing mine now. I am pretty embarrassed at how long I am taking, I think anything more than 2 mos is really pushing it.
  • I wrote mine the next 2 days after the wedding and addressed them after our honey moon so our guests got them probably like 2 weeks after or so. I'm very OCD though and would never do it if I didn't do it right away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker not
  • I did ours just over a month after our wedding and sent them out just before Thanksgiving.  It was a relief to have them all completed.  
    Rachel Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards