You girls all seem very creative so hopefully you can help me out here!
FI and I have no idea what to get his groomsmen, like, none. We're not set on giving them all the same thing, they're all very different people, but that's just making it harder! I liked the idea of geeky cuff-links, except none of them wear suits to work. Here are the four guys:
1) Database tech for a bank, hates banking and banking software but it pays. Loves graphic novels, web comics a la "cyanide and happiness" and "questionable content." Total dork, very awkward around everyone, at 26 can barely speak to women, but the sweetest guy! Taught me to make balloon animals, drinks EVERYTHING out of a straw.
2) Overqualified paramedic (was 1st in his class pre-med) and gymnast. Loves snowboarding, plays too much WoW. He's a high-energy, happy, sociable but dorky guy. His wife is in dental school, they want like a gazillion kids.
3) FI's coworker, was a computer science professor for a couple years during which he was FI's thesis adviser but went into industry when his wife got pregnant. Vegetarian, plays Ultimate frisbee and frisbee golf and stays in shape. Loves to travel, they went to Paris when their daughter was 4 months old just to get her on an airplane, lol.
4) Older guy, married his wife the same year FI was born, from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey but made his way out West and is some sort of docking/transport manager now. Met FI taking some classes to finish his bachelor's and got us hooked on bowling, so we've been in a league with him for three years. Really twisted sense of humor, not dorky at all.
5) First person to graduate with 4 majors but has no common sense at all. Wants to work for the government but is currently employed at yet another software/hardware company (they do mainly robotics). Does crew but can't swim. Is dating a girl from a sorority and has hooked up with every single one of her sorority sisters. He's a lot of fun and will always show up when you need someone to help you out. GM #2 gave him a flask when he was his best man, but it was pretty much the perfect GM gift for this guy.