Michigan-Lansing

Lansing Reception Ceremony Site

I am looking for a place to have both the reception and ceremony. I want to use the same place for both. Any ideas? Wedding is August 2012.Approx. 160 people.

Re: Lansing Reception Ceremony Site

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  There are a number of places where both can take place.  Check the thread above where people have listed their vendors for some ideas.  Do you want an indoor or outdoor location?  What is your budget?

One place I would recommend is Walnut Hills Country Club.  It is a beautiful location and can handle up to 200 people.  You don't need to be a member to have your wedding there.  Daelynn is a pleasure to work with.

Good luck and enjoy your planning.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard the English Inn in Eaton Rapids is really good, and I know you can do both ceremony and reception there. Eagle Eye and Hawk Hollow have reception sites, and there's also a chapel across from the Hawk Hollow reception site.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Depending on how large your guest list is, you could do both in the Big Ten rooms at the Kellogg Center.

The chapel at Eagle Eye/Hawk Hollow is separate from the reception rooms, but on the same grounds, if that's close enough for you!

• meymemicmeymemic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all, I will be looking in to some of these ideas. I am also looking at the wheatfield inn in williamston. It looks beautiful.

:) Thanks All!
  • edited December 2011
    FYI the Big Ten rooms at Kellogg are being renovated next summer. I was told they will not be available for our July 28th wedding.  Also check out the U Club, Brookshire Golf Course in Williamston, Timber Ridge Golf Course and (my personal fav) Lakeview Event Center on Round Lake in Laingsburg.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • epona225epona225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI, I have heard bad things about a banquet hall in Williamston (can't remember if it's Wheatfield or another one).  Another vendor who does cakes told me there was a hall in Williamston that was very dirty - dirt in the corners of the kitchen, rats, etc.  Might be worth checking out reviews!
    April 2012 Brides October Siggy Challenge
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married August 17, 2012 and we're having our wedding at the Grand Ledge Opera House in Grand Ledge.  It's beautiful and they are known for the outside ceremonies and reception.  We're doing the outside ceremony at no charge, just paying for the reception room.  The grounds are beautiful and it's right alongside the Grand River, which makes for gorgeous pictures.  Nice thing is that you can choose your own caterer and bring in your alcholo and save a lot of money at GLOH.  Just another thought!  Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards