October 2012 Weddings

WR & NWR Checks! Long but lots of pics :)

NWR - We scored a great deal on new flooring for our house!  Lumber Liquidators had a clearance lot in pretty much the exact color and look that we were going for.  It was at a clearance price of $1.49/sqft, but when we were going through the check out process, it was marked further down to $1.29!  Our budget was no more than $3 a sqft so we are way, way under budget!  I couldn't stop smiling yesterday :) It will look a lot like this.

We also scheduled someone to come out and give us a quote on refacing our cabinets.  They are in good condition so we are hoping we can just get new doors and drawers and they will reface the box to match properly.  It's supposed to be less than half of what it would cost to replace them entirely, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

We are going to be doing most of the work ourselves (including tearing out the old carpet and laminate floors, installing new base boards, and repainting the whole house) so I'm super excited but really nervous at the same time!!  Can't wait to show y'all the before and after, especially because the before is soooo bad! lol

WR - I was able to buy the last of the vases that I needed and I was able to get them for 65% off with combined coupons at Michaels.  Now I just can't wait to do the flowers!  It's the part of the wedding that I am most excited for and I can't wait to see it all come together.

I also did a dry run of our candy buffet and made all the signs.  I need to get a couple more jars and some decorative items to dress up the table a bit more.  This is the look I am going for:

This was my dry run (before I put the ribbon bands on):

And these are the signs that I made:

I need to get a frame for the sign in the middle and the rest will be attached to the vases.

If anyone wants to make their own signs like these, I got the templates from a pin on pinterest.  HERE is the link to her site.  And if you would like for me to create the signs for you, I'd be happy to.  Just ping me on here, let me know your colors, the names of your candy, and your email address.  I can send it over in PDF for you to print on your own.
dscf4745-2
Anniversary

Re: WR & NWR Checks! Long but lots of pics :)

• Awesome deal on the flooring!

Your candy buffet is going to look awesome and that is so sweet of you to offer to make the labels!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh, and I also ordered our koozies!  They were pretty cheap and all of our friends are big beer drinkers, so I know they will get put to good use.  They will look just like these below, but ours will be teal with silver metalic imprinting.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_wr-nwr-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:d450e7a8-3202-4be4-ba3b-7061b4efbf02Post:0d4744d6-5d84-4c0b-82de-d04b452575a1">WR & NWR Checks! Long but lots of pics :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]NWR - We scored a great deal on new flooring for our house!  Lumber Liquidators had a clearance lot in pretty much the exact color and look that we were going for.  It was at a clearance price of $1.49/sqft, but when we were going through the check out process, it was marked further down to $1.29!  Our budget was no more than $3 a sqft so we are way, way under budget!  I couldn't stop smiling yesterday :) It will look a lot like this. We also scheduled someone to come out and give us a quote on refacing our cabinets.  They are in good condition so we are hoping we can just get new doors and drawers and they will reface the box to match properly.  It's supposed to be less than half of what it would cost to replace them entirely, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. We are going to be doing most of the work ourselves (including tearing out the old carpet and laminate floors, installing new base boards, and repainting the whole house) so I'm super excited but really nervous at the same time!!  Can't wait to show y'all the before and after, especially because the before is soooo bad! lol WR - I was able to buy the last of the vases that I needed and I was able to get them for 65% off with combined coupons at Michaels.  Now I just can't wait to do the flowers!  It's the part of the wedding that I am most excited for and I can't wait to see it all come together. I also did a dry run of our candy buffet and made all the signs.  I need to get a couple more jars and some decorative items to dress up the table a bit more.  This is the look I am going for: This was my dry run (before I put the ribbon bands on): And these are the signs that I made: I need to get a frame for the sign in the middle and the rest will be attached to the vases. If anyone wants to make their own signs like these, I got the templates from a pin on pinterest.   HERE  is the link to her site.  <strong>And if you would like for me to create the signs for you, I'd be happy to.  Just ping me on here, let me know your colors, the names of your candy, and your email address.  I can send it over in PDF for you to print on your own.</strong>
    Posted by ystaalenburg[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I may take you up on that!! How long would it take you to make them? </div>
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • That all looks so amazing! And major congrats on the flooring! I'm big on diy home stuff, too, and totally understand the enthusiasm behind any savings- especially on big items. Looks like you have a lot of good things going on :)

Oh, and I may seriously have to take you up on that candy label making. Those are really cute and I haven't found anything quite as nice.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Thanks ladies!  We are really excited to get things going and making our home perfect for us.

As for the signs, I made mine in about 30 minutes.  I can't adjust the shapes, just the colors and wording.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Your flooring looks beautiful! The labels look great!! Just sent you a PM! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards