Wedding Etiquette Forum

Welcome to the Family Gift

I want to send a gift to my future sister-in-law's suite the day before or the day of the wedding as a "Welcome to the Family" gift.  She is an only child and there are 4 of us 'kids' in our family.  I want her to feel like she is one of us (which she is and she doesn't need a gift to tell her that but it is the sentiment of the gift).

Does anyone have suggestions for a gift?  Have you received a gift from your in-laws?  I was thinking of a picture of all of us together, but we all live in different cities and have never had a picture taken together.  

Re: Welcome to the Family Gift

• Just send her a gift. If she already has the sentiments, any nice thing will only reinforce it. Buy her something she WANTS.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • I got my sister in law a bracelet with her new initials on it for Christmas the year she married my brother. She liked it.

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Can you take a picture together the night before at the RD? You can upload to Walgreens or CVS online and pick it up in an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_welcome-family-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:79c80e31-ad66-45de-9632-06287df34fd5Post:0428d2cd-c287-47e8-8be8-55ace0637972">Re: Welcome to the Family Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my sister in law a bracelet with her new initials on it for Christmas the year she married my brother. She liked it.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I like this idea. Now I want one. And I don't even wear bracelets.
    planning

• A round of drinks!  LOL.

Maybe a wedding day goody basket?  Bottled water/drinks, a bottle of chlled champagne, a few snacks? 

Or a family photo including her, made into a heart shaped puzzle, with a note "You have a place in our heart, welcome to the family!".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards