Snarky Brides

63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?

Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:b9b877dd-af3f-4f6f-9918-572d2bd2ffdb">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom tried to convince me to just buy the veil at Macy's that they had me try on with my dress. It was like $160. No. I got the same on on Etsy and she changed the length so that it would look better with my dress, for like $36.  My mom freaked me out about that for a while, too. <strong>My mom kept on me about wearing a tiara,</strong> which I was dead set against, and she and the bridal lady tag teamed me and jabbed on on my head during a fitting. That was uncomfortable.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

I don't really get tiaras. You're getting married, not being crowned the princess of Whales.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:8729a0d9-9dd8-48d7-a22b-621a2b7228aa">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Oh, I had totally forgotten about my ring. I too had to send it away to be cleanerd & replated. I sent it away at the beginning of June for our July 10th wedding. Jeweller told me it would be back by June 15. (We weren't leaving for the wedding until June 30th, so all good). Then it just never arrived. He told me it would be here the following Tuesday, they only get deliveries once a week. Anyway, didn't show up, didn't show. I go in the Wednesday before we left on Friday, they've had it for almost a month, and it's still not back. He told me it was no big deal, it would be in next week, again. I informed him that didn't work for me, because I would be MARRIED then already, and I wasn't leaving until he could prove to me that it would be in my hands by the next day noon. Magically, it was overnighted back to him. A crappy job had been done though, the plating wasn't even. I've never stepped foot back in there though.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    My jeweler pulled the time shiit, too, which pissed me off to no end. When I had to send my ring out, she said it would be back in a week (which seemed weirdly fast). When I questioned her, she admitted it could be up to three weeks at the most, saying, "That's the extreme, but I just don't want you upset if it's not back in a week." It took a month.I was pissed.

The only regret I have was not buying a reception dress. I was SO convinced I wanted to party in my dress because I was so in love with it. I didn't anticipate that I would lose weight in the last two weeks before the wedding (I was afraid I'd gain, actually), and it was loose the day-of. In the morning it wasn't noticeable, but by the end of the night, I felt like I was swimming in it. Plus, people kept stepping on my skirt and tore it, so that was annoying. I wish I had just gotten a really cute party dress as an optional thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:1435e23a-f13a-4213-aefe-93fa7d9cff80">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : I don't really get tiaras. You're getting married, not being crowned the princess of Whales.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    Yup, it was her big thing. She just wanted me to be a princess. I wanted the same thing---when I was like 15, FFS. My dress wasn't what she pictured at all, either. She picked the most typical, princessy, crazy rhinestones and crystals and beads dress at DB for me to try on. I was horrified.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:b38b7c1e-d81d-47cc-ac6e-b9428beecf53">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Yup, it was her big thing. She just wanted me to be a princess. I wanted the same thing---when I was like 15, FFS. My dress wasn't what she pictured at all, either. She picked the most typical, princessy, crazy rhinestones and crystals and beads dress at DB for me to try on. I was horrified.

My mom actually showed way less interest and had much fewer opinions than I thought she would... she was very much like, "Whatever you want will be beautiful." Although she did almost have a stroke when I said I wasn't going to wear a veil at all... so I decided to do one for the ceremony. And she definitely liked some of the other dresses I tried on better than the one I picked. Luckily, other people's opinions didn't sway me, even though I broke the SYTTD rule and brought an entourage to the store the first time I tried dresses on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:b119c6f8-99c1-48da-ae0c-188ba2cc730c">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : I loved that my dress had a corset for that reason. By the time we started the reception, my dress was so loose. I just had my BMs retie it, and off I went for the rest of the night. I was also thrilled with my decision to have a (seriously) multi-pointed bustle, because so many of friend have had 1 or 3 point bustles get just demolished while dancing.
    Yeah, looking back that would have been so much better. I loved the little buttons on my dress, but I didn't think about how loose it would get.

I had a crazy bustle with a ton of points. THey were color-coded, and I think there were about six colors or something. My MOH and GM just couldn't get it done right. They could tell something was wrong, but they couldn't figure out where they went wrong.

Actually, if we're doing TTD pics, I really need to get my dress fixed and cleaned. And out of Nathan's trunk :P
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:b877a6bf-56a4-40c4-954b-4925da5e8c9e">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    The only other freak out I had was on the day of, when <strong>my MUA was over an hour (almost an hour and a half) late</strong> and then my florist came with pink and green flowers.

That was just insane.  Didn't she stalk your review on our local? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• My mom was stuck in a 1980s planning warp, so she kind of had resistance to some things and expected others to go down. More than once I had to remind her it was 2011.

All in all, it was so easy. What made it harder was all the other stuff I had going on--mom being sick, grad school, BM dropping out, etc.  Looking back, I'm glad we had a long engagement, though. It was easier having everything spaced out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:8aab7b3a-d1b0-4ba3-8f37-250b6bd20ff8">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : That was just insane.  Didn't she stalk your review on our local? 
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]
    YES. She was so horrible. I hope she made it into commercial makeup and all because she was really letting the special events side fall and was pretty bad.
  • Ha, we have so much in that trunk! The morning after the wedding, I just shoved the dress in its bag and never looked back :P

I really really want to take pictures in the city sometime within this year, so we'll see what has to get done for that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:1435e23a-f13a-4213-aefe-93fa7d9cff80">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : I don't really get tiaras. You're getting married, not being crowned the princess of <strong>Whales</strong>.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    I'm going to pretend that this is autocorrect for Wales, but I had a chuckle. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:44d72134-2d1c-4e70-afe0-710554fce494">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy eff, I had no anxiety before this thread.  ;)  <strong>Nates, I'm so sorry your MUA sucked.</strong>  How did your florist eff that up?  You guys did give me the helpful tip of getting a color coordinated multipoint bustle.  I'll cry if people step on my dress and rip all the beautiful lace.  I love my dress so much, I'm going to wear it around the house after the wedding.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    Omg, you have no idea. She then stalked me on my local after I reviewed her. It was a shitstorm, lol.

I have no idea how the florist effed up--he was nice, but a little more blase than I am.  Granted, we only piad $1500 total, which is obscenely cheap and I loved my centerpieces, so in the grand picture, it wasn't a big deal. On the day of, though, I was looking right at the damn contract in his hand, with the details all written out. N said he saw them and freaked out a little because he knew I'd be pissed, lol.
  • I use lol a lot lately. I need to stop that.

Sarah, I noticed that, too, and giggled.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:77375141-0dbf-480b-b6d8-861639ea9dfb">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : I'm going to pretend that this is autocorrect for Wales, but I had a chuckle. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Hahaha... and I knew how to spell that correctly too. Yes, let's go with the autocorrect excuse.
  • Yeah, I agree with MrsJ. My day was absolute perfection, even with the little minor stresses. I would do it again in a heartbeat. PLUS, we love these stories because they give us something to laugh at--sure, when N's uncle's tooth got knocked out during a crazy dance battle, it was scary, but now it's just awesome.

Your day is going to be lovely :)

Also, I was so happy NO ONE spilled anything on me all night. A girl on my month board had red candle wax spilled on her (am I remembering that right, JCG?).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:faaf81d0-3341-4014-9c2c-51d631630a1c">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : That's so funny. My SILs dress is hanging out in its bag in their garage! City pictures would be beautiful (yours are already so nice). I love all of our pictures, as evidenced that I just received a 130 page photo album of them last week hah!
    Yay! I always love when you change sigs because your pics are stunning.

And now I will stop with my fangirl love. ;)
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Can I tell a story about one of my dumb wedding decor decisions? I decided to decorate the tables with tealights in these little glasses and I lined the glasses with this pale grey/green moss and they looked just beautiful. The only problem was that once the candles had been burning for a while, it heated up the moss and it smelled really gross. OOPS!! lol
  • Mrs.Jesse, I LOVE your new sig pic. I really like playground wedding pictures and would love some of my own, but I don't know that there are many playgrounds in Center City Philadelphia.
  • I was so stressed out about my wedding I threw up in the bathroom at my rehearsal dinner.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • The only freak out I've had so far is about the guestlist. FMIL kept trying to turn this into a family reunion and FI can't stand half the people she kept suggesting. One day she was really pissing me off because we had said from the beginning there was going to be no children.

She just kept going on and on and finally I snapped and said "what part of we fuuucckiinnggg hate children isn't going through your goddamn head?!" She kinda just stared at me and wandered away. That was last summer. I should clarify I don't hate children, I don't like them but she was severely pissing me off.

She started again AFTER we sent the invitations out at the beginning of the month and FI was like "No. If YOU want a goddamn family reunion. YOU can have one yourself. WE did NOT invite people WE don't like." She hasn't contributed anything to the wedding btw.

My dad told me that his family wouldn't travel here (Ontario, they're from Saskatchewan) so we should have a reception out there for them. My response was in a really bitchy tone and I said "if they aren't going to travel for me on our wedding day, why the hell would I travel for them?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:de0f395b-262f-4bc9-9c42-636a95f06899">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only freak out I've had so far is about the guestlist. FMIL kept trying to turn this into a family reunion and FI can't stand half the people she kept suggesting. One day she was really pissing me off because we had said from the beginning there was going to be no children. She just kept going on and on and finally I snapped and said <strong><u>"what part of we fuuucckiinnggg hate children isn't going through your goddamn head?!" </u></strong>She kinda just stared at me and wandered away. That was last summer. I should clarify I don't hate children, I don't like them but she was severely pissing me off. She started again AFTER we sent the invitations out at the beginning of the month and FI was like "No. If YOU want a goddamn family reunion. YOU can have one yourself. WE did NOT invite people WE don't like." She hasn't contributed anything to the wedding btw. My dad told me that his family wouldn't travel here (Ontario, they're from Saskatchewan) so we should have a reception out there for them. My response was in a really bitchy tone and I said "if they aren't going to travel for me on our wedding day, why the hell would I travel for them?"
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

HAHA!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hah, what did you guys say to her?

My birthday is ten days before our wedding, so I had to renew my license, but was worried abotu the name change. The woman at the DMV went on a tirade about how I'd be ruining my life if I changed my name because all of my legal history is in my maiden name and I'll be essentially making up a new identity. It would have been a good moment to pull out that "Chill out, slut" bluntcard.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:68b9b3f2-2d2e-40a8-b6dc-349ec7589704">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I agree with MrsJ. My day was absolute perfection, even with the little minor stresses. I would do it again in a heartbeat. PLUS, we love these stories because they give us something to laugh at--sure, when N's uncle's tooth got knocked out during a crazy dance battle, it was scary, but now it's just awesome. Your day is going to be lovely :) Also, I was so happy NO ONE spilled anything on me all night. <strong>A girl on my month board had red candle wax spilled on her (am I remembering that right, JCG?).</strong>

Yes indeed.  Her recap was the most horrifying and amusing thing I've ever read.

• Haha, Avs, at "we fuuucking hate children." We said that during planning, too. Fvcking kids.

Alrighty, N's going to be home soon, so I better start getting ready. Catch you all on the flipside.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:44539b94-78fe-47b4-83ea-0660b4ea572c">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What does burning moss even smell like?
    It smells like burning moldy ass :(
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:44d72134-2d1c-4e70-afe0-710554fce494">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy eff, I had no anxiety before this thread.  ;)  Nates, I'm so sorry your MUA sucked.  How did your florist eff that up?  <strong>You guys did give me the helpful tip of getting a color coordinated multipoint bustle.  I'll cry if people step on my dress and rip all the beautiful lace. </strong> I love my dress so much, I'm going to wear it around the house after the wedding.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Just make sure whatever they use to secure the bustle is secure.  Mine was color coded satin ribbon, which kept coming undone no matter how tightly my MOH knotted it.  It really sucked because I kept stepping on it while dancing, luckily the outside was fine but I ended up tearing a bunch of the tulle underneath.

• Eagles, if you're still here, I'm really interested in your wedding pics, especially if I end up going with the MAU you recommended. I don't know if you're planning to AW them, but if not, hopefully you'll know me well enough by then to send me the blog post link :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:9cac6a04-1fbf-444d-a95e-3fd8918af94d">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Just make sure whatever they use to secure the bustle is secure.  Mine was color coded satin ribbon, which kept coming undone no matter how tightly my MOH knotted it.  It really sucked because I kept stepping on it while dancing, luckily the outside was fine but I ended up tearing a bunch of the tulle underneath.
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

Or have them sew in a little handle thing so that if the bustle breaks (which mine did) I slipped the handle on my wrist and it held my dress off the floor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:81af9825-cf5c-4cfb-9887-e8f1b8312b39">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG Blue, I meant that sounds AWFUL, not awesome. Major typo.

Lol it was fine.  Im a stress/nerves puker.  Happens all the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:b12a6f90-30e2-41c8-9d2a-229ce80b0904">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hah, what did you guys say to her? My birthday is ten days before our wedding, so I had to renew my license, but was worried abotu the name change. The woman at the DMV went on a tirade about how I'd be ruining my life if I changed my name because all of my legal history is in my maiden name and I'll be essentially making up a new identity. <strong>It would have been a good moment to pull out that "Chill out, slut" bluntcard.</strong>

You definitely should have done this. It amuses me when random people go nuts about things that don't concern them in the least.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards