June 2012 Weddings
Options

What did everyone register for that they are most excited about?

I am getting some bridal showers scheduled so I am adding to my registery. I was wondering if I missed anything so wanted to see what everyone else was excted about. I am most excited about my new everyday dishes from Crate and Barrel.

Re: What did everyone register for that they are most excited about?

• Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I just registered for china and flatware.  I think I was most excitede about our chargers, which can almost be used as trays. They've all been bought.  YAY!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=15895870
  • Options
    I am most excited about our China and our pots and pans... I love cooking and being in the kitchen so basically anything and involves cooking is what I am most excited about.

So far I know we got our everyday glasswear, our bedding, griddle, crock pots, and coffee maker. However, I have not checked it in a while. Those are things we got before christmas.
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We mostly registered for kitchen stuff and I'm realy excited about all of it!

I really want our pots and pans as well as our cutlery so we have really nice things to cook with.

I'm also really looking forward to getting our everyday china and our flatware. I love the patterns we picked and can't wait to eat off of them/with them!!
  • Options
    My Dutch oven! I've seen SO many recipes that use a Dutch oven that I want to try, and we don't have space to store a crock pot so I'm really hoping someone buys it, even though it's pricey.
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited about the things we need, like every day dishes, flatware, glasses, etc.  I'm also pretty psyched for the Ninja kitchen system (uber blender that can also be used as a food processor).

I am absolutely MOST excited for the Keurig, though.  It's one of the few things we don't really NEED, but I'm dying to have one, especially if we get the milk frother, too...
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    Like Kelsey said, I'm also really excited for all the kitchen stuff!  I just received all my dishes in the mail from my aunt and I can't wait to use them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Abbe - The ninja kitchen system is awesome!  I LOVE mine.

I'm most excited probably about a Keurig.
  • Options
    I would say everything! I'm so excited to have my own kitchen and all of the supplies to go in it.
  • Options
    I'm most excited for the Kitchenaid Mixer I've been coveting for years, and the Kosta Boda dishes we registered for. They are so pretty and sturdy!
  • Options
    I'm most excited about our kitchen aid mixer.  We got one for Christmas from FI's mom/stepdad but it was the small one so they suggested we return it and register for the big one.  We do quite a bit of baking and over Christmas our hand mixer broke too and we refused to buy another one (part of our plan to stop eating sweets so much).  We decided we could wait until we got our big mixer.

I am excited about new dishes and pots and pans, but we didn't put those on our registry.  We found the plates we wanted at the Corelle outlet so I believe my aunt bought those for us.  My cousin is a chef and told me that the pans I should get are only available on Calphalon's website so he told me not to register for any and he will make sure I get the ones I deserve.  My guess is he and his siblings will chip in on those.
  • Options
    My All Clad cookware from Williams Sonoma!! And also our fine china and crystal. We already got our every day dishes and kitchenaid for Christmas and I LOVE them.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I was the most excited about our KitchenAid mixer... but we got that for Christmas.... so now I am the most excited about our everyday dishes.... I dont have nearly enough dishes right now so I am constantly doing dishes... and they are super cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-did-everyone-register-for-that-they-are-most-excited-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b40734e8-dbd0-437b-a2bb-bd56f40696afPost:387760ec-4f01-4920-baa9-a1cf89c1ea61">Re: What did everyone register for that they are most excited about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm most excited about our kitchen aid mixer.  We got one for Christmas from FI's mom/stepdad but it was the small one so they suggested we return it and register for the big one.
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]I totally agree.  I got one when I was 19 and it was dying by the 10 year mark. My mother's more powerful one is 40+ years old and has never faltered.

Go for the more powerful model if you are a serious baker.
  • Options
    Green Kitchenaid mixer!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we havent registered yet, but it will be our everyday dishes & flatware.  All of ours are mismatched and horrible! I can't want to have nice things that match!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-did-everyone-register-for-that-they-are-most-excited-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b40734e8-dbd0-437b-a2bb-bd56f40696afPost:af19be94-11e7-40ba-bbae-5569bcb7bbdf">Re: What did everyone register for that they are most excited about?</a>:
    [QUOTE] All of ours are mismatched and horrible! I can't want to have nice things that match!
    Posted by Cassandra999[/QUOTE]

All ours are mismatched too! So we use paper plates when people come over. So embarrassing!
  • Options
    I was so excuted to get our Keurig for Christmas. Now I am most excited about our every day dishes and Kitchenaid mixer.
  • Options
    I think I'm most excited for our new bathroom stuff. New towels and bath rugs and shower curtain, oh my! :) 

But I'm also really looking forward to getting our new Shark vacuum. Our current vacuum is just running out of steam and my mom has been bringing her Dyson with her when she comes to visit so I can use it haha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I was excited for our china, but the pattern was discontinued.  I really like the new pattern we chose, but it's not the same.  Still looking forward to some great new dishes though!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm most excited for our new coffee machine! We decided against a Keirug but I HATE our current coffeemaker with all of my heart..the filter always gets messed up and grounds/coffee goes everywhere. So we found a really nice one that's a coffee machine and it doubles as a hot water heater which is perfect for me because I love tea too!

Also my popcorn popper!!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    My FI and I were registering for kitchen stuff- looking at blenders.  He saw a Ninja (brand name that I have never seen before) and said "I don't care what else we get but we HAVE to register for that ninja!!!"  Simply because it said ninja :P   Crazy guy, but thats why I love him.  I looked at it and it actually looks really nice.  So thats what I'm really excited about.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-did-everyone-register-for-that-they-are-most-excited-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b40734e8-dbd0-437b-a2bb-bd56f40696afPost:c83dd4a0-0ec3-4b24-b03a-74c6a1487e37">Re: What did everyone register for that they are most excited about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I were registering for kitchen stuff- looking at blenders.  <strong>He saw a Ninja (brand name that I have never seen before) and said "I don't care what else we get but we HAVE to register for that ninja!!!"  Simply because it said ninja :P</strong>   Crazy guy, but thats why I love him.  I looked at it and it actually looks really nice.  So thats what I'm really excited about.
    Posted by dplett[/QUOTE]

This is kind of what attracted my FI to it, as well.  I added it because it looked pretty epic, and figured I would look it up online when we got home...I'm glad I made that decision, because the reviews for it are pretty great.  I had to laugh though - the most negative review I could find was a woman complaining because her smoothies were too frothy (um, what?) and when she pureed a fresh apple, it would only ever reach the consistency of applesauce (she wanted juice, I guess, somehow without removing the pulp?).

They're not widely heard of because they were originally an Infomercial item, but the quality is great and the popularity became such that now they're carried in mainstream stores :)
  • Options
    I'm just excited for someone to buy something off of our registry! Our save the dates went out at the end of the year, with our website on them (which has links to our registrys) and not only have we not gotten another guest book message, but we've also not had a single purchase made off our registrys!
    I suppose, though, it should count that my grandpa is sending me a check in the mail to pay for part of our flights to/from Fiji :) once I get the check, I can book the first and last legs of our trip, and then it's ALL BOOKED!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-did-everyone-register-for-that-they-are-most-excited-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b40734e8-dbd0-437b-a2bb-bd56f40696afPost:c83dd4a0-0ec3-4b24-b03a-74c6a1487e37">Re: What did everyone register for that they are most excited about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I were registering for kitchen stuff- looking at blenders.  He saw a Ninja (brand name that I have never seen before) and said "I don't care what else we get but we HAVE to register for that ninja!!!"  Simply because it said ninja :P   Crazy guy, but thats why I love him.  I looked at it and it actually looks really nice.  So thats what I'm really excited about.
    Posted by dplett[/QUOTE]

My FI too!
  • Options
    I'm SO excited for so much stuff! Everything we have now is hand-me-down, mis-matched, barely working... Sophie Conran Dishware is probably number one. A Kitchenaid mixer.. a new vacuum, new bedding.. I love new things!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I think I am excited for the Dyson and Kitchenaid mixer. I hope we get both!! :D I am also excited about our new dishes. I am so over our old ones. They are heavy and the dishwasher has warped them. :(
  • Options
    I would most like to get our china. I really love the pattern and can't wait to use it. However, I am seriously excited about two small things: a pizza cutter and a stainless steel pot with a steamer insert. We make our own pizza a lot, but don't have a pizza cutter and it's difficult to cut the whole pizza with a knife sometimes. I know it's a simple thing and y'all are wondering why we just didn't go get our own pizza cutter since it costs about $3, but I guess it's one of those things you never think to buy for yourself. We also cook a lot of pasta and the steamer insert makes it so much easier.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I registered for a bunch of stuff... but I'm most excited about K-cups, Madden, and Tekken(i'm a secret gamer). Ppl will think that the groom asked for video games but they won't realize its the bride that's asking for them:-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-did-everyone-register-for-that-they-are-most-excited-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b40734e8-dbd0-437b-a2bb-bd56f40696afPost:a849a1dd-5e4b-4cf0-b284-2eb7b4f69545">Re: What did everyone register for that they are most excited about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would most like to get our china. I really love the pattern and can't wait to use it. However, I am seriously excited about two small things: a pizza cutter and a stainless steel pot with a steamer insert. We make our own pizza a lot, but don't have a pizza cutter and it's difficult to cut the whole pizza with a knife sometimes. I know it's a simple thing and <strong>y'all are wondering why we just didn't go get our own pizza cutter since it costs about $3, but I guess it's one of those things you never think to buy for yourself.</strong> We also cook a lot of pasta and the steamer insert makes it so much easier.
    Posted by courtneyclare103[/QUOTE]

This is SO true for most of our small kitchen things, too - we would use them regularly, some of them we even genuinely need or at least desparately need to replace, but we NEVER think to get them for ourselves!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards