Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor Wedding Venues in Michigan

Hello ladies,

I am looking for an outdoor wedding venue in Michigan (preferably in Northern Michigan... not the UP) that would allow a ceremony and reception. Does not have to be on a lake or one of the Great Lakes but we are looking for something wooded and beautiful! I am having a hard time finding what I am looking for because many venues only allow the cermony outside, but we want the entire night to be held outdoors and would also like a place that allows outside vendors.Something secluded would be a plus. Any ideas? Could be anything from a private resident for rent to a park that can be rented out. Thank you!

Re: Outdoor Wedding Venues in Michigan

• Options
    Welcome to the Knot and congrats!

To the left of your post there are other boards, one of which is "Local Wedding Boards". There is one for Michigan-Upper, I think for everything around the northern part of the lower peninsula and the UP, but should be able to help you.

You could also come on the Detroit board, as many of the ladies may have ideas because they travel to that area for vacations........and we are all REALLY nice, LOL.
  • Options
    I really wanted to get married on a Tall Ship in Traverse Bay, but it just didn't work for all my older relatives to get up there.  They let you bring your own caterer and have the wedding and party on the boat!  There are a few wineries up there that do weddings, too, but they are pricey.  I looked at Chateau Chantal, which is GORGEOUS, but you have to rent the place, all the guest rooms, and buy a lot of their wine. 
  • Options
    Just noticed - North Dakota?!  Are you planning from that far away?  Where in N. MI are you looking in particular or just somewhere up there?  It is pretty, good choice!  If you want something outdoorsy but still in a nice city, we're getting married at the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids.  It's near downtown so there's stuff for people to do other than the wedding, but the Gardens are SO PRETTY.  You can do indoor or outdoor ceremonies and receptions, and they have really nice coordinators to help you with everything.  It was also a lot cheaper than anything we looked at up North. 
  • Options
    Bernsione13Bernsione13 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Look at Staffords Perry Hotel in Petoskey. Gorgeous, on the lake, and when my FI and I stayed there in September they had weddings and receptions in the garden area outside.
  • Options
    The Holiday Inn on the West Bay / Traverse City rents the beach for wedding ceremonies ~ beautiful setting on the beach. The Cherry Tree Inn in Traverse City also does weddings on the beach and they are gorgeous.  Check out Frog Pond Village in Interlochen MI ~ it gives you the woodsy outdoor feeling ~ yet small and romantic. They have a great reception area as well.   Just a couple of ideas for you....
  • Options
    I know a few people in MI that got married at wineries in MI. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    idoykaidoyka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Sorry, I know this is a few months old but what about Frog Pond Villiage? http://www.frogpondvillage.com/
  • Options
    TRAVERSE CITY - HOLIDAY INN WEST

WARNING - I just spent 4 months negotiating our contract only to find out that they are likely being bought out and they decided to cancel our contract and have to replan my entire wedding. Beware!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-wedding-venues-in-michigan?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:7f641fc4-eb66-4ffc-8e2c-d33621e3d439Post:ea433ea1-f70f-4fc1-9c77-c4bd38c6eaf8">Outdoor Wedding Venues in Michigan</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies, I am looking for an outdoor wedding venue in Michigan (preferably in Northern Michigan... not the UP) that would allow a ceremony and reception. Does not have to be on a lake or one of the Great Lakes but we are looking for something wooded and beautiful! I am having a hard time finding what I am looking for because many venues only allow the cermony outside, but we want the entire night to be held outdoors and would also like a place that allows outside vendors.Something secluded would be a plus. Any ideas? Could be anything from a private resident for rent to a park that can be rented out. Thank you!
    Posted by kaise1jl[/QUOTE]

We have the perfect place for you. If you love a wooded lot of pines, a pond, farm ground and woods, this is worth checking out. We are located in the middle of Michigan and have a 40 acre parcel that makes a perfect wedding and reception. We work with many vendors to accommodate anything type of wedding you desires. Our rates are reasonable. Please let me know if you would like additional information. Jillegross@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards