New Jersey
Options

Modern Wedding in NJ venue (on a budget!)

Hi! This is my first post, and i'm hoping you ladies can help.
We are looking for a modern (NOT country club) place to hold our wedding not too far from New Brunswick (under an hr). We're hoping to have about 110 guests, and we're looking to spend no more than $160 pp (tax and service included), and I'd love to hear your suggestions for a modern, trendy space. Thanks!!!

Re: Modern Wedding in NJ venue (on a budget!)

• Options
    Congrats and welcome! The two places I'd suggest are Natirar in Peapack and the Stonehouse at Stirling Ridge in Warren. You may have to hit a minimum but I'm not sure... When I saw the Stonehouse last year their minimum for a Friday night was 125. Best of luck!
  • Options
    I LOVED our venue- Hamilton Park Hotel in Florham Park- very modern, amazing food, and only 1 wedding at a time. The higher end package had a minimum of only 125 for a Saturday night and would be right at the top of the budget you listed including tax/grat- they were wonderful to work with and everyone just raved about them! You can see a bunch of their event photos here: http://www.hamiltonparkhotel.com/wedding-event-photos.php ours are towards the end w/ the pink uplighting
  • Options
    We are at Fiesta in Wood-Ridge, might be around an hour from NB.  the new room is very modern.  It is within your price range, only thing is the new room (is the only modern room) has a minimun people count, ours is 150.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lauraminnlauraminn member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    Would you be open to a Museum? You would have to book the venue and then the caterer separately, but I plan to look at both the Morris Museum and the Montclair Art Museum. These are both probably within an hour from you, but there may be others closer as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Near New Brunswick I'd check the Imperia on Easton Avenue or the Pines Manor in Edison.
  • Options
    How about The Palace at Somerset Park?  My fiance and I booked that place for our wedding this summer and we love the venue! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    The Montclair Art Museum is really cool and modern...
  • Options
    Actually Ariana's in Woodbridge is very modern and also one wedding at a time - we are getting married there in July and so far they have been terrific and are in the price range you mention for sure!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards