Getting in Shape

Arm Exercises???

I just purchased my wedding dress this weekend (yay!!!) and I love it!  It looks perfect on me and hides all my tummy flaws.  The only problem is how my arms look.  When I have them down to my side they look huge but if they're at an angle (if I have my hands on my hip) it looks okay.  Does anyone have any good arm exercises that I can do in order to (hopefully) get more tone and less flabby?  Thank you in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Arm Exercises???

• I understand your concern. Arms are my insecure spot as well. 
    You DO need cardio to help slim them down, as cardio will help with fat burn.
    As far as exercises go

You can't JUST work one muscle. To see realy results, you need to work all surrounding muscles in your arms. Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders (mainly deltoids) and Back. Chest can also help with that side boob hang. 
    This website is great, but incase you don't want to open a link, I'll just copy/paste the main stuff. If you don't know an exercise, just google the name. 

Biceps:
    • Standing Barbell or Dumbbell Curls
    • Barbell or Dumbbell Preacher Curls
    • Seated Dumbbell Curls
    • Incline Dumbbell Curls
    • Hammer Curls
    • Concentration Curls
    • Cable Curls
    • Biceps Curl Machine
    Triceps:
    • Dips (on parallel bars, elbows close to body, without forward lean)
    • Flat Close Grip Bench Press
    • Decline Close Grip Bench Press
    • Close Grip Push-Ups
    • Laying Barbell or Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
    • Skull Crushers
    • Overhead Barbell or Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
    • Cable Press-Downs
    • Bench Dips
    Shoulders:
    • Seated Overhead Barbell or Dumbbell Press
    • Standing Overhead Barbell or Dumbbell Press
    • Overhead Machine Press
    • Arnold Press
    • Barbell, Dumbbell or Machine Upright Rows
    • Dumbbell, Cable or Machine Lateral Raises
    • Dumbbell, Cable or Machine Front Raises
    • Barbell, Dumbbell, or Machine Rear Delt Rows, Raises or Flyes
    Back:
    • Pull-Ups
    • Chin-Ups
    • Lat Pull-Downs
    • Bent Over Barbell or Dumbbell Rows
    • T-Bar Rows
    • Seated Cable Rows
    • Chest Supported Barbell or Dumbbell Rows
    • Chest Supported Machine Rows
    • Inverted Rows
    • Barbell, Dumbbell or Machine Shrugs

• And don't forget your eating habits!  I work my arms a lot and have made some pretty good gain on firming up and muscle building, but I'll be darned if you can see it when I'm not pumping iron, because I still have a little bit of fluff.  The above exercises listed though are great and I think you'll really enjoy seeing yourself grow in your strength and how cut you'll start getting!  :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You simply CANNOT spot reduce fat. You'll just need to work out in general, and when you do, don't skip the triceps (these are just killers for me, so I need to make an effort not to skip them lol) and the deltoids (ie, lateral shoulder --again total killers).
  • DO be clear, RM, she's not asking about spot reducing.. Or at least she didn't say anything about spot reducing. She just said she wants her arms tightened up ("toned" "less flabby" ) and that you can do with weight lifting the main and complementary muscle groups 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards