Massachusetts-Boston

veil with flower in hair?

I am planning to wear a beautiful flower with a little feather in it on my head with my upstyle, but I also plan on wearing an elbow length veil.....will this look strange?
Does anyone have pics of someone weaing the flower and the veil together??
I am just about to order the flower and the thought occurred to me

Thanks in advance ladies!

Re: veil with flower in hair?

• edited December 2011

You could always wear just the veil for the ceremony then take it off and put the flower in for the reception if you think it looks funny together.

• deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing the same.  I'll take pics at my next fitting.  I'm actually wearing a modified mantilla (short length) and a cathedral veil and a flower fascinator.  :)  There are some pics in my bio of the different pieces.  I like how it looks.  If you like it, go for it.
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking about doing this. I ended up deciding against the veil entirely. I would check out etsy though! there are a LOT of veil makers that use flower fasteners! Best of both worlds...
  • edited December 2011
    At my hair trial I had a silk flower and feather hair clip and my veil and it was one big mess. My veil stuck up more over the flower and it just looked awful in photos haha. I decided that for the big day I would just wear the veil for the ceremony and my hair flower for dancing etc. I would play around with it and see what you think. Be sure to take photos and see how it all looks!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wearing the veil for the ceremony and flower for the reception. I was worried it would be too much all at once, plus I'm worried that the hair flower/fascinator trend might be one of those things that people look back on 20 years from now and are like, oh, she must have gotten married in 2010, look at that big hair flower... maybe I am paranoid.
  • deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good point to take photos!  I will do that at my next fitting/hair trial so I can make my final decisions. 
  • jay10jay10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies, i will just have to see in the hair trial how it goes!
    if anyone has pics in the meantime I would love to see them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards