Cell phone WDYT?

Which is more important to you?

imageimage

Re: Cell phone WDYT?

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fanciest, cheapest phone is no good if you can't use it anywhere.

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    xH and I have a plan right now, but he wants to split it up b/c his boss wants to add him to the company plan.  xH has agreed to pay for the early termination fee on my line ($50).  Current monthly bill with unlimited everything is $93.

I hate the service when I'm traveling to Hometown and service ocmpletely drops off for hours on end.  I never had this issue with AT&T, and my sister doesn't have the same problems with Verizon.

Otherwise, I have an expensive phone and plan, and enjoy all of the perks that come with.  I also DO NOT HAVE HOME INTERNET, so my phone is my only email/google access after work hours.

I could stay with current provider with my current phone and negotiate a cheaper individual plan.  This does not resolve coverage area issues, *however* if AT&T and Tmobile really do merge into one, then that may no longer be an issue if it extends Tmobile's coverage to AT&T's.

OR, I could switch providers, pay for a new smart phone, pay a comparable price for a new plan and have better coverage.

Also, having home internet is not in the budget/plan at this time.  Phone internet is 1/2 the price.  Esp. if I upgrade my phone when the contract is done and can do internet tethering.  Even then, with the tethering fee, I'm still coming in considerably cheaper than the internet quotes I got from local providers.
    imageimage
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_cell-phone-wdyt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:8c12b658-26fa-45da-b19e-337c839d5e67Post:881ccd20-540b-4f44-a9e4-7fd8687b41bc">Re: Cell phone WDYT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i AM loyal to my cell company (going on 12 years), because the service they provide is great, and their price is comparable to other companies. i also get a discount by being an employee with the company i work for.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could, Wzz, but that's NMS.  I like having the bill in my name and knowing it is paid every month.
    imageimage
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been a loyal Verizon customer for almost 6 years now. I have always received very good customer service with them, and very good cell service/reception/etc - in Philly/Houston/Pittsburgh, on vacation in Mexico and Puerto Rico, and on all of my business trips.

We have a 1400min/month family share plan which was bumped up and never dropped down after we actually hit the 700 minute mark during our move last year. DK recently got a blackberry for work, so I'm going to terminate his phone on my plan and just get a 700 min/month + (5 or 10?) family and friends plan with unlimited nights/weekend and txt/pix/data and buy a droid.

i also get a 20% company discount with Verizon - so it sweetens the deal.

DK had t-mobile back before we got the verizon phones, and he constantly had service issues - even in a market as big as philly.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Carrying the internet around in my pocket. I don't worry overmuch about coverage - we live in a big city, next to two more big cities, and only travel to a 3rd big city regularly - and we put room in the budget for expensive phones. But I will not live without a smartphone. It's just too convenient and awesome. 
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted price - even though there are other carriers with lower cost plans, both my sisters are on AT&T and they make up 90% of my calls, so I never use up all my minutes.  When I was on TMobile, the monthly rate was cheaper, but I kept going over my minutes.  Switching to AT&T was less expensive than going up to the next rate plan with TMobile.

Plus I get a 15% discount on the monthly service through work.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my BB until I lost it 3 weeks ago and DH and I agreed that I would get an iPhone on his carrier, which was a smart financial decision to the tune of about $60 per month in savings. And also so that we could facetime with the baby because he travels so much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    as long as its red and shiny I am good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards