Snarky Brides

Good Morning!

2»

Re: Good Morning!

• Are you working on a big project or something?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f6eb4515-6d57-4c43-aae7-3202a29b7197Post:01c37731-a0b4-4c91-bc38-f49387bef68c">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : What kind of stuff do you write? Forgive my ignorance, but does freelance mean you get jobs and just write about whatever or do you have a specialty?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Freelance writers are basically contractors. So I can write for whatever publication I want. I do Q&A feature pieces for my local daily. I do feature stories, mostly culture related for my local alt-weekly (which is my favorite) and then I write mindless how-to articles in between to keep the lights on. I'm also starting to write essay-type stuff ala David Sedaris/This American Life. It's super fun.
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • That sounds really interesting. I'd love to have a talent like that. It seems like it would be a great release.
  • We have a huge show, kind of like Fashion Week, only for our product, coming up in two weeks. I would have everything done, but stupid fucking other people don't give a flyingfuck if I have to work holidays, so they give me new product pricing and specs at the last minute (literally, 5pm on Friday) to put into format for our price lists and other materials for this show. Since everything I do has to be printed, it all has to be ready to go tomorrow morning in order to ship on time, so I get to work every single Memorial Day weekend thanks to useless fuckers. It's like this every year, but that fact doesn't piss me off any less.

I'm supposed to get comp time for working, but since I'm doing two full-time jobs due to layoffs, that never happens. AND they just announced a price increase, so my next full month will be overtime out the asshole as well so I can change all our literature, web and electronic ordering system prices. FML.

Sorry about the work rant! Everyone just send vibes that my house will sell so I can get the hell out of here and to my husband! That's all I wish for right now!
  • Sending vibes to you, Bec! I hate that for you. I like being busy at work, but there is a fine line between busy and overwhelmed. Overwhelmed sucks.

Does it make you feel any better to know that a western NC gtg is necessary because I finally watched The Sweetest Thing? We have to plan some time to hang out so that I can give you your movie, book and bracelet.
  • OMG! Did you love it? Please lie and say you did, even if you didn't. Now when I call and say "Hello, is JANE THERE?!" you'll understand WTF I'm talking about! I'm so excited!
  • I really did love it. The only part that made me uncomfortable was when they sang the song about diicks in the chinese restaurant. But I think it just made me feel weird because I was watching it with Matt. I laughed out loud at it a lot.
  • LMAO! I guess I should have warned you about that.

"My body is a movie and your penis is the star!"
  • Your penis is a dream
    The biggest one I've seen
    It's oozy and it's green
  • Yay so glad you watched it!

Bec, boo to work.  We're working today, too.   We have a bunch of returns due on June 15th and I'm a smelly pirate hooker who did nothing for half of April and May, so I am no where near done.

Happy Anniversary, Betrothed!
  • edited May 2010
    Random fact - we called the swim up pool bar at our HM resort "whore island". It made us laugh.
  • You know when I was 22, my breasts were up here, nice and perky, but gravity has taken them. It's like 22, 28, 22, 28, 22...
  • Oooh, leather coat guy. Shotgun!

What's up with you?
    Nothin, what's up with you?
    Nothin, what's up with you?

Ok, seriously, I could quote this movie all day. I have to get to work!
  • Don't be gay in church.  Come on, give me a good smack. 
  • "Fuuck Grandma!"
  • Good morning ladies. Sorry for the ones who have to work today.

Betrothed-Happy Anniversary! And NCIS RULES!

We may take the motorcycle over to the Blossom Days in Chagrin Falls today. My son is leaving soon to go back home. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Happy Anniversary B!

I'm sitting here waiting for Nick to get up so we can work out.  Then we're going to a graduation party.

Tell me this is an awesome idea.  Nick is writing the kid a check, and I think it should be for $20.10  because he's graduating in 2010!  Nick says that's stupid.
    Photobucket
  • Thanks ladies.

Shelly- I love your new sig pic.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I like that idea, Shelly!
  • That's an awesome idea, Shelly!

The only other co-worker who is here today and I have decided to say "FUCKIT" around 1pm and head out to IKEA. :) It's going to be a great holiday after all!
  • Oooo, IKEA. The closest one to me is in Cinci. I think I'm going to go in a couple weeks.
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • I'm sorry Betrothed.  Today is FI's birthday.  Since he was born before you were married, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to find a new anniversary.  I'm sure you understand.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • No way, J&K.  Didn't you know that weddings supersede births?  I would have thought you would have picked that up by now.  You spend enough time here.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Now you're just trying to steal FI's thunder.  I'm going to tell him.  My FI can beat up your H. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • He probably can :)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Happy ANniversary!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards