Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Helping a friend: show me your STD!

I'm helping a friend with her STD magnets. Got those done, but I'm trying to design a coordinating card to put them on to mail. (planning to order small magnets and postcards from Vistaprint). What did you put on the card? Basically the same stuff as the magnet, assuming the card will be tossed? Thanks for your help!
In storybooks marriage is a happy ending. In real life, it's a happy beginning. ~~Married 9.18.10~~ *formerly JulieLS53 (I forgot my old password, oops!)*

Re: Helping a friend: show me your STD!

• Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are mine, with help of a fellow Knottie!:)

The card:

The Magnet:

• MrsSpaceFoodMrsSpaceFood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! The only problem is we're on a bit of a time crunch and don't have the engagement pictures. So trying to fill space with pretty fall colors and stuff. Here's the magnet:
    In storybooks marriage is a happy ending. In real life, it's a happy beginning. ~~Married 9.18.10~~ *formerly JulieLS53 (I forgot my old password, oops!)*
  • edited December 2011
    I think KateJ10 had the same issue with her STD's.  She had a fellow knottie on this board put together a design for her.  The background picture is fall leaves & she got the image from her photographer.  You could use pretty much any picture though.

Here's her's & a link to her bio.

Picture

KateJ10 - Sorry for sounding like a stalker!  I just remember your post about this for some reason.  Hope you don't mind me sharing on your behalf!  = )
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! If you need help with it I love doing graphic design work! It's super fun for me. I did KateJ10's and another knottie that ran into some trouble... let me know if I can help you! :)
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks LC, for commenting!  I coldn't remember your SN, to send her your way!  = )
  • edited December 2011
    Stalker!! haha

JK

yeah LC did a great job on them!  I love them- and I love the photo as well. I think the no couples picture thing is fine- for me the one drawback was that not everyone would know both of us, but I did include a link to our website and have a pic (not engagement since we haven't taken those yet) of us on there.

But also kind of regretting the website on there- there is a lot that is incomplete- but I guess that forced me to finish up what I could on there.
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wasn't in love with mine... but here they are!  (Vistaprint Postcard)  Also, PIB of the magnets that we sent out to family and wedding party...

• wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have anything to contribute but I just wanted to say that the title of this thread gives me the giggles.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_helping-friend-show-std?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:24d92f18-46c2-458d-bc42-ac09e91639f8Post:40e14860-0e9e-4a66-8681-72f943854ea5">Re: Helping a friend: show me your STD!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have anything to contribute but I just wanted to say that the title of this thread gives me the giggles.  :)
    Posted by wittyschaffy[/QUOTE]

Ha!  That's great!  It gives me the giggles now too!  = )
  • MrsSpaceFoodMrsSpaceFood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_helping-friend-show-std?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:24d92f18-46c2-458d-bc42-ac09e91639f8Post:5857f518-8dc0-4717-a06f-adaada9e0357">Re: Helping a friend: show me your STD!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helping a friend: show me your STD! : Ha!  That's great!  It gives me the giggles now too!  = )
    Posted by MikeNAndi[/QUOTE]

I know! Sorry, this is the only place I know it's somewhat okay to use the abbrv. I have to stop myself IRL because I know I know how bad it sounds.

Anyways, thanks for all the help ladies! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_helping-friend-show-std?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:24d92f18-46c2-458d-bc42-ac09e91639f8Post:dfb1f002-b636-4daa-a2dc-084cd9ec4127">Re: Helping a friend: show me your STD!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helping a friend: show me your STD! : I know! Sorry, this is the only place I know it's somewhat okay to use the abbrv.<strong> I have to stop myself IRL because I know I know how bad it sounds</strong>. Anyways, thanks for all the help ladies! :)
    Posted by MrsSpaceFood[/QUOTE]

Same here!  = )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards