Snarky Brides
Options

What is your daily grind?

2»

Re: What is your daily grind?

• Options
    Marrin, that is what my older daughter is considering as a profession. I think she would be great at it, since she loves children (especiallly special needs children), and has loved horses all of her life. I keep trying to tell her she won't make much money (rich, coming from a public school teacher), but she says that's not what is important to her.
  • Options
    I stopped drinking coffee about a month & a half ago. I switched to green tea.

I work at a brokerage (like in the movie 'Wall Street' except without the illegal stuff, as far as I know at least haha). I enter trades & deal with the trade details. I work with all men who act like a combo of kindergartners & frat boys. Most days I love my job. 

FI is a machine operator at a steel mill. I have a basic idea of what he does but when he goes into too much detail I get freaked out & make him stop. The thought of him hanging out with melted metal scares me. 

We have 2 cats: Bailey & Hailey, who are about to be 5; a pit bull named Lucy who will be 3 soon & a goldfish that I won at Coney Island a year ago who I named Frick (there was also Frack except he didn't make it). 

I like to read, watch TV (I'm super lazy), travel & drink wine. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:99b85d81-a1f5-40fb-96c7-c66d141e7f5c">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your daily grind? : I never grew out of my junior equestrienne phase.  While I don't ride much anymore, I<strong> would like to be involved in therapeutic riding</strong>.  There's a small group here in the next suburb and they're always looking for volunteers.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

We've volunteered for one Therapeutic group and are looking into another barn to volunteer at. My ideal job would to be either to work or run a Therapeutic riding facility or a barn for troubled youth as a rehab facility. There's also a place like that near us, which I'm looking into volunteering for, since I do have time on my hands :o) Both are VERY rewarding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Daily grind is Tully's Italian or Espresso roast. 

I'm an admin at an aerospace company, H is in IT. 

We have 2 dogs and a cat.  We are no longer trying to prevent getting pregnant. 

For hobbies, I read and take pictures, H is into triathlons. 

I'm very jealous of anyone with an opportunity to live abroad for a year. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:fe7c0cbe-7257-4880-b288-beead097217b">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your daily grind? : We've volunteered for one Therapeutic group and are looking into another barn to volunteer at. My ideal job would to be either to work or run a Therapeutic riding facility or a barn for troubled youth as a rehab facility. There's also a place like that near us, which I'm looking into volunteering for, since I do have time on my hands :o) Both are VERY rewarding.
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

This sounds like so much fun.
  • Options
    Hi! I am an Administrative Assistant. My FI is in Category Management for a chain of stores in the Southwest. He has 2 kids ages 9 and 16! We are planning to have one together shortly after the wedding. We have a BAD dog named Bella who makes it impossible for me to sleep every night. And I love coffee from my K Cup machine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:bdee6432-9d09-440e-ae83-7791e2bb8afe">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What is your daily grind? :<strong> My daily grind? Green Mtn Coffee, yes please! :)</strong> My FI is a system admin for a medical research center; currently I'm an administrator for a governance research center. (My true desire is to be a personal trainer and own an athletic facility some day.) No kids yet. We'll try after we get married next year. We do have three pets. Odin is our English Mastiff, Bruno is our Yorkie, and Ruphus is our orange tabby cat who acts just like a dog :) I work out a lot and love to do crafty things and he likes video games. FI and I both love to hike, play ultimate Frisbee, and cook.
    Posted by KateH2013[/QUOTE]

This is funny to me because I also enjoy Green Mountain but once this came up at a party and most of my friends and fiance agreed it was "gas station coffee"!  How rude!  I take my coffee very seriously.

My field is Rehabilitation Counseling and I just graduated from my master's program and will be starting a job in a special education private school. 

My fiance works in chartering for a company that owns ships.  But he hates it and is trying to open a craft beer store.  I am so excited about this and want to make it a beer/cheese store as cheese is my favorite thing.

I am trying to start a new hobby of making beach glass jewelry.  I am not too crafty but I collect the stuff and want to start making a profit! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:174778f4-08ba-4b66-981f-ca3e6c997e08">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Daily grind is Tully's Italian or Espresso roast.  I'm an admin at an aerospace company, H is in IT.  We have 2 dogs and a cat.  <strong>We are no longer trying to prevent getting pregnant.</strong>  For hobbies, I read and take pictures, H is into triathlons.  I'm very jealous of anyone with an opportunity to live abroad for a year. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Really now? Are we going to have a new crop of knot babies soon?
  • Options
    I drink black tea every morning to wake me up.. Usually with more sugar than I need. :)

I do medical billing and collections for an ambulance company. Fi is a loan assistant for a credit union. I really want to go back to school for an English (And do what, you ask.. I have no clue) but decided to cancel my classes this fall to save for our wedding. I'm bummed about it but have to prioritize...

We have no kids but would like to someday. We have a 5 year old yorkie named Pepper. She is adorable and runs our house. We both like reading and we love to travel; most recently to New York (where he proposed). We are actually dreaming of a honeymoon to London or Paris!
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Um... okay, so I'm dumb.

After all this coffee talk, I finally made the connection to "the daily grind."

I don't drink coffee.  I feel like it gives me bad breath.

I'm addicted to black tea (with no sugar or milk) instead.  Bigelows Constant Comment, Lemon Lift, or Raspberry Royale are my favorites.  Green tea, white tea, herb tea and even red tea make me want to puke.  So...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:fe7c0cbe-7257-4880-b288-beead097217b">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your daily grind? : We've volunteered for one Therapeutic group and are looking into another barn to volunteer at. My ideal job would to be either to work or run a Therapeutic riding facility or a barn for troubled youth as a rehab facility. There's also a place like that near us, which I'm looking into volunteering for, since I do have time on my hands :o) Both are VERY rewarding.
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Ncsu - have you ever googled The Gentle Barn?  I think that would be my nirvana.

Sara - good for your daughter!  Yeah, probably not much money but it nourishes your heart and soul.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:679c5644-263c-46b7-a1bc-80ebb4030d3f">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your daily grind? : This is funny to me because I also enjoy Green Mountain but once this came up at a party and most of my friends and fiance agreed it was "gas station coffee"!  How rude!  I take my coffee very seriously. My field is Rehabilitation Counseling and I just graduated from my master's program and will be starting a job in a special education private school.  My fiance works in chartering for a company that owns ships.  But he hates it and is trying to open a craft beer store.  I am so excited about this and want to make it a beer/cheese store as <strong>cheese is my favorite thing</strong>. I am trying to start a new hobby of making beach glass jewelry.  I am not too crafty but I collect the stuff and want to start making a profit! 
    Posted by cokie216[/QUOTE]

<div>Cheese is also my favorite thing!</div><div>
    </div><div>After I graduated college and had no idea what to do with my life I considered getting my masters in Recreation and going into therapeutic riding. I rode competitively for a number of years when I was younger and miss being around horses so much. I'd still like to get into it, maybe as  volunteer, but I'm so busy with work and school and wedding stuff that's starting to take fruition, I just can't take much more on. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

There was a time when I had three p/t jobs on top of this lovely, and we had just brought in an equestrian based therepy group when I left one particular job. I really was excited to have helped refer some of our students, and it certainly isn't something I come across very often.

FI recently joined a small company (as in he and the owner) where he sells, installs and calibrates scales. I have been here about 12 years, and manage a small team. They function as project managers, however, they are neither labeled or paid as such.

We have children from our first marriages. We both have sons that just graduated high school earlier this year, we both have 12 year olds - my son, his daughter. He also has a five year old daughter. We will not be having more children, and will wait to add pets until we have more room. My son does have two red-eared sliders, if that counts - we do feed them when he is with his father.

~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:38996951-e1d4-4db6-bfbd-71a5ef9dd6aa">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your daily grind? : Really now? Are we going to have a new crop of knot babies soon?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Don't know about soon, but eventually (hopefully).  Though it will be singular for me, not plural.  :)
  • Options

Blue, one of the biggest things I miss about MA is the abundance of Dunkins.  They have the best iced coffee.

My job has changed as of this week, and I will now be working as a paralegal.  FI is part of a prestigious government fellowship program.  We both do work related to civil rights.

We have Cheyenne and Ada the cats (Ada is blind in one eye and named after the Americans with Disabilities Act) and recently acquired Barney the fish (named after Bush's dog).

We dont want to live in DC forever but need to find a place in MA that isnt close to either of our sets of parents.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:1541f672-ec65-4622-8945-8fc59638e2b4">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your daily grind? : Ncsu - have you ever googled The Gentle Barn?  I think that would be my nirvana. Sara - good for your daughter!  Yeah, probably not much money but it nourishes your heart and soul.

No! I'd never heard of them! Thanks for telling me. :)
  • Options
    I think coffee is disgusting. 

H manages a great restaurant in our hometown. It's probably the best in the area. Yum.

I'm a law student. 

No kids, but I have a cat that I adore. 

I've become obsessed with weddings since planning ours, and now I'm thinking I ought to get into the wedding business once I'm done with school. The planner we worked with wants me to buy her business when she retires so perhaps that will actually happen. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-is-your-daily-grind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1f2a841-56cf-4163-ad4f-a1da96ffb18fPost:1541f672-ec65-4622-8945-8fc59638e2b4">Re: What is your daily grind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your daily grind? : Ncsu - have you ever googled The Gentle Barn?  I think that would be my nirvana. Sara - good for your daughter!  Yeah, probably not much money but it nourishes your heart and soul.

Ah, I love The Gentle Barn! I heard of them on The Ellen Degeneres Show. They do such wonderful work. I've donated a few times, so I get these newsletter things. They post amazing stories on their FB page.

Anyway, my daily coffee is whatever brand they use at work. Hey, it's free! At home, we usually get Green Mountain or Tully. I work in regulatory affairs at a biopharmaceutical & also am a Mary Kay beauty consultant. DH drives a zamboni ice cutting thing at an ice arena.

3 cats, 4yo, all from the same litter. Rocky, Bella & Bruno. Not looking to have kids anytime soon.
  • Options
    I don't really enjoy coffee- but will occasionally get a mixed coffee drink from Starbucks (they just opened on in my building, don't judge me)

My fiance is finishing up his fourth and final year in medical school- can't wait until it's finally done!

I am an Account Executive with an IT/Telecomm Distributor.  Nerd alert!

For fun, we like to try new restaurants in the area, go to museums, hang out by the pool, spend time with friends and attend sporting events.  Oh, and we both love to read.  He enjoys Tom Clancy and the like, and I'm more of a chick lit, historical fiction, and any non-fiction history. 

"You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
  • Options
    Hi!  

Coffee tastes nasty - smells divine though so I don't mind when H makes a pot in the morning.  

I am a buyer for a medical company and H works in the oil industry.  We recently relocated to CO from OH... and we're having our first baby in December (probably).
  • Options
    Hi I teach 4th grade. H is a Salesman at a local tire/mechanical shop. We have a chocolate lab named Daphne. I also have 2 horses Doc and Rusty and a car named Monster. Hobbies: riding my horses. Getting back into the competitive ring after taking a few years off. I've also worked with therapeutic riding and Special Olympics, equestrian and thoroughly enjoyed both. I'm addicted to Dutch Bros Carmelizer but I try to only have one once a month.
  • Options
    Hello!  Coming out of (mostly) lurking here.  My daily grind is a venti iced coffee.  A red-eye on particularly difficult mornings. 

I work in operations/artist services for an opera company.  I'm just starting my 14th season here and I love it!

H is a VP at a bank and works on the investment side doing software architecture.  If you held a gun to my head I still couldn't tell you what it is that he actually does all day.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I am a Medical Assistant for a podiatrist. DH does construction as his day job, and is the music minister at our church on weekends.

No kids yet, but we do want them. Maybe after the house gets built.

No pets living with us. I guess Junior techinically belongs to DH, but he lives with the ILs. He is a black lab.

I tend to bounce from one hobby to another as my mood carries me. I like reading, baking, crochet, knitting, beading, and cross stitch. I have too many projects going at once typically. ;)

ETA: And I don't drink coffee. I'd be like Sammy (I think it was) from Over the Hedge if I drank caffeine. All I need to wake up in the morning is a nice shower.
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I don't drink coffee, but can't function properly until I've ingested Diet Dr. Pepper. From a fountain, please. 

I am retired, even though I'm only 41. I was the special sections editor for our local newspaper, which means I did everything from coming up with the ideas for tabs to doing the writing/photography and the layout/design. I also did the books for our family sewer/drain biz and even helped out when needed. (You should see me snake a toilet; pretty impressive!) 

BUT, H was in a horrible accident 3.5 years ago which left him disabled. After literally years of PT/OT, a lot of determination and some good drugs (legals ones!), he is doing miraculously well. But he will never be able to work again, mainly due to the effects of the traumatic brain injury (TBI) he sustained. 

We love to cook together. I also like baking, knitting, crafts, theater and being a mom.  We have three kids: DD, who is 25 and getting married in about three weeks; Nerdy Girl, 14, who is amazing and keeps me running; and  Young Son who is 12 and about to start middle school. 

ETA: We have two cats, Emmie and Glinda. They rock. 
  • Options
    WillyWally - I hear ya on the fountain drinks in the morning! My choice is a cold Diet Coke. I go in streaks with coffee...I can get totally hooked, then go months without.

I'm currently in law school. (Coffee intake goes way up around finals time.) School starts in less than a week and I'm pretending I don't have to start reading yet. Before that, I was in communications for 3 years and was a teacher for 3 years...still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up, I guess!

H is an interesting combo - he works in the engineering department for a park district and bartends about 8-10 nights per month. I guess this way he gets his intellectual fix and his social fix.

No kids, but we have two (little) dogs; a Shih-Poo and a Lhasa Apso-Havanese. I grew up with animals (rabbits, ducks, sheep, horses) and we're hoping to move out to the country someday and have a little hobby farm.

Hobbies? Being from MN, we love spending time on the water and at the cabin. And we're both lucky to have AWESOME families so we spend as much time with them as we're able. It's like beautiful fall weather this week so we've spent lots of time outside on the deck with some drinks and some friends. No complaints here!
  • Options
    Hi everyone from a lurker- I am a clinical research coordinator for a children's hospital. FI is a mechanical engineer for a small company. We have 2 fur babies, dog (Mater) and cat (Tiger Lilly). FI wants kids like, yesterday but perhaps in a few years. Nice to "meet" you all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    SUPER bored this morning.  

Daily grind is Caribou Coffee for sure...if you haven't tried it you should!!  Great stuff. 

I'm a flight attendant....my schedule is hardly ever the same.  I'm all over the place, but outside of work I love to run, I was training for a half marathon...need to get back to that one.  I also like to hunt for bargain antiques, we are remodeling our house so I guess I've been a bit of an interior designer these days also. I also love wine with friends....and going on wine tasting tours with friends.

FI is a pilot.  Yes yes...it's cliche....but it happened.  He grew up on a farm so he enjoys still farming on his off days.  He also has started running with me, he's not up to half marathon training yet, but he is working on a 5K soon.  He also enjoys reading any books about the old west and aviation history...go figure.  

We sound like boring people but I swear we are a lot of fun lol

We have a cat.  We also both have kids from our previous marriages, but due to our work schedules the kids live with their respective other parents.  It works out very well for us and our kids this way.  

Together we like to travel (obviously) but not always fly.  We like to fly private planes together and take road trips...honestly the last thing either of us want to do on our days off is come to the airport.  We always have friends over for bbq and drinks.  We also spend most of our days off with our kids...in other words we are always busy...

except this morning...my kids are watching tv...I'm on here, drinking coffee and trying to figure out what to do with them today for entertainment...school starts on TUESDAY.....yay!!!! lol
    Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards