Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Catering

Hello!  Our wedding is at Frazier museum and we must choose from a list of preferred caterers.  I'm not sure where to begin, so I'm looking for recommendations.  As always, looking for the best food for the lowest cost.  Here is the list to choose from:

- Bristol
- Clements
- Hyatt Regency
- Jarfi's
- Ladyfingers
- La Peche
- Mastersons
- Naiman's
- Silver Spoon
- The catering company
- Vincenzo's
- Wiltshire Pantry
- BAJ Catering

Thanks so much for any recommendations!!

Re: Catering

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Bristol's food. 

I was unimpressed with the Hyatt's food at a week-long work conference we hosted there.  Not bad, but very, very forgettable. 

I would NOT use Jarfi's.  I have yet to be impressed with anything I've had from them, ever. 

The rest. . . I *think* I've had a few, but I'm not sure, so I don't want to comment. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    ATRS525ATRS525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your recommendations!!
  • Options
    ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vincenzos is good and I've heard good things about Mastersons and Ladyfingers.  I'd make sure that I got to eat exactly the menu way before the wedding just in case.  Also, if you don't like certain ingredients in things (I'm a huge hater of onions) I'd ask if they can do a dish without them (some companies are a little more accomodating than others).
  • Options
    RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love Ladyfingers.  LaPeche and Silver Spoon are also great.  Masterson's can be good at times, too.
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a bad review of Silver Spoon in the other open caterering thread today, actually, Rosemary, and I think I've read some others on here in the past. 

Do they have ties to any of the area restaurants or anything?  I'm tring to remember if I've had their food (that I  know of) and I'm drawing a blank. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards