Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thursday night

Re: Thursday night

• It was insanely satisfying, I must say. I bought super expensive sheets, which are fecking amazing. Plus a bunch of other crap. I love buying crap
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:fd5a50ed-42d1-4f11-93d0-556f1063633f">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : *like* :) Angel, we can share the spotlight ;) lol
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

Haha sounds good. We'll just roll in with all our depressing shiiiit and kill the evening thread.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Buying crap is great. I bought some cool things from Target. Including a flowering teapot. I had some of that - watching the tea bloom was fuuuucking magical. 
  • angel ygpm again.

Sara, I'm glad you got rid of him. Blech. And I totally get wanting him to do it to her, too. I have to admit a bit of satisfaction when I heard my ex had split with the replacement wife. And we'd been divorced for 18 years! (this just happened last spring)
  • Sara, I'd've called her that and worse.
    I have absolutely no time for cheaters. FI and I fight about thes guy he knows because he had an affair with FI's ex-wife, and in fact got her pregnant, and he blames it all on her and wants to be friendly with this guy. I think he's just as much to blame.
    Er, cool story, bro.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:9598f81b-7d8c-4eb1-80a9-4a1eb15ff8a8">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buying crap is great. I bought some cool things from Target. Including a flowering teapot. I had some of that - watching the tea bloom was fuuuucking magical. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>Retail therapy — gotta love it!</div><div>
    </div><div>Another therapeutic thing I did after divorce was take my ring to the jeweler and watch his smash it to get the diamonds out. Then I had him make me a pretty pendant. Which I later pawned because I never wore it. </div><div>
    </div><div>Months later, I also took all of our 'Christmas together' ornaments and pretty much any other sappy things he gave me that were breakable, put them all in a big, flat box on the garage floor and beat the shiiiit out of them with a hammer. VERY therapeutic. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:15e8e32f-15ad-47cb-b0e9-da374efc3cea">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Haha sounds good. We'll just roll in with all our depressing shiiiit and kill the evening thread.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, some people might be irritated by how "nice" I can be. But honestly it's because the alternative is me being depressing and posting about me missing H and being sad. I figured being positive was the better option. </div><div>
    </div><div>Well, that one person is irritated by it anyways. </div>
  • Angel, YES. By time I get here, it's half dead anyway ;)

Wally, nothing wrong with that! I've been divorced almost 7 months. Almost longer that I was married! I'm sure I'll get the same satisfaction when something goes wrong for him.

Dudes, my wedding dress is STILL hanging in the bathroom. I got married in April of 2010. I need to figure out wtf to do with that damn thing.
    Also, I want to put a TTD pic in my sig. Is that weird? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:eb09667f-4ab7-4cae-9284-ef2d10043bdc">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Retail therapy — gotta love it! Another therapeutic thing I did after divorce was take my ring to the jeweler and watch his smash it to get the diamonds out. Then I had him make me a pretty pendant. Which I later pawned because I never wore it.  Months later,<strong> I also took all of our 'Christmas together' ornaments and pretty much any other sappy things he gave me that were breakable, put them all in a big, flat box on the garage floor and beat the shiiiit out of them with a hammer. VERY therapeutic. </strong>
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS. This is my kind of therapy. </div>
  • What is TTD? I probably know this. But it's late for me, don't judge. 
  • Zizi, thats nuts!

Wally, I pawned my rings. I kept them longer than I should have, and it was awesome letting them go for WAY less than they were worth. haha

Poke, I have no problem with you posting about missing your H! I can imagine it's hard being away from him for so long. Any idea when you'll get moved out there?
  • Hits *like* button on Poke's last post.
    Poke, also flowering tea is awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara, take it to a consignment shop. Or donate it. 

Poke, I for one thoroughly enjoy your sunshine-y disposition. Even though I tease you about it sometimes.

Cheaters suck. I don't get it. I mean, I like sex as much as anyone else, but would never risk my marriage and/or family over it. Guess I just value those things more than a roll in the hay. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:eb09667f-4ab7-4cae-9284-ef2d10043bdc">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Retail therapy — gotta love it! Another therapeutic thing I did after divorce was take my ring to the jeweler and watch his smash it to get the diamonds out. Then I had him make me a pretty pendant. Which I later pawned because I never wore it.  <strong>Months later, I also took all of our 'Christmas together' ornaments and pretty much any other sappy things he gave me that were breakable, put them all in a big, flat box on the garage floor and beat the shiiiit out of them with a hammer. VERY therapeutic. </strong>

<div>If I had any 'together stuff' I'd totally do this. Sounds awesome!  </div><div>
    </div><div>I do have a fake engagement ring we bought as a joke, and I plan to throw it off the peir into the ocean. I also burned TONS of pictures at the beach in a big bonfire. That was awesome.</div>
  • Sara - unfortunately not until November at the earliest. H's business hasn't been open for a year yet, and they won't accept it as a form of income to prove he can support me until then. The really fuuuucked up thing is that his sister is more than willing to sign an affidavit of support for me, but they won't accept it. Why the hell do they care WHO supports me, as long as I don't need public funds?
  • Poke, trash the dress.

Wally, I want to take it to a consignment shop, but I've got to get it cleaned. I did a photoshoot for a friend and jumped in a pool with it on. 

• Sara, that's what I think, which is why we argue about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:c7d5213e-0f10-481f-a80a-a44e1b1ad5bc">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : THIS. This is my kind of therapy. 

<div>
    </div><div>It was freakin' AWESOME. Kind of messy, but awesome. Truly felt high afterward. </div><div>
    </div><div>Not that I know what 'high' feels like, mind you. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:4dba63a1-f81b-40b8-ad80-d7e49029c2fe">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara, take it to a consignment shop. Or donate it.  Poke, I for one thoroughly enjoy your sunshine-y disposition. Even though I tease you about it sometimes. Cheaters suck. I don't get it. I mean, I like sex as much as anyone else, but would never risk my marriage and/or family over it. Guess I just value those things more than a roll in the hay. 

<div>I know your teasing is all in fun - and I like it : )</div><div>
    </div><div>And I like Cheaters. It's a fun show. Oh wait - that's not what you're talking about is it?</div>
  • Sara, take a look at this http://myexwifesweddingdress.com/
    Maybe it will give you some ideas. ;0
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Poke, that is so stupid! Hopefully the next few months fly by for you!

also, picture evidence of me in the pool, since I'm an AW

• Sara, I don't think it would be weird at all... it would just have a different meaning than other TTD shoots, and I think that's pretty cool, actually.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:f4545c43-d549-4d37-a06b-3c01b46edaeb">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : It was freakin' AWESOME. Kind of messy, but awesome. Truly felt high afterward. <strong> Not that I know what 'high' feels like, mind you.</strong> 

<div>Of course not ; )</div><div>
    </div><div>Sara - I don't think it would be weird. If H and I ever split up, I'd still keep the pictures of me from our wedding day. I looked really good - if I do say so myself. It's the second ever time I've had professional make up done. And my dress was pwetty. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:9e7d882d-0e98-4992-bdd3-37d5f2758a47">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : I know your teasing is all in fun - and I like it : ) <strong>And I like Cheaters. It's a fun show. Oh wait - that's not what you're talking about is it?</strong>

<div>OMG that show. The  host or whatever he is drives me nuts. He is so weirdly intense and says some of the stupidest things! </div><div>
    </div><div>'So how do you feel thatt your wife is banging the mailman?"</div><div>
    </div><div>'Umm, great. Great. In fact, I think I'll go to Disneyworld.' </div><div>
    </div><div>WTF does he expect them to say?</div><div>
    </div>
  • Poke, I like that show too, which is probably wrong of me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love that pic Sara!
  • Zizi, that's kinda awesome!
  • LOL! Actually Wally, I don't really like that show. I just thought it would be a witty thing to say. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:6379a1dc-c10c-468b-8609-0da8cabab2d7">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke, I like that show too, which is probably wrong of me.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>As a lover of trash TV (Oh Maury, I love you!) I don't think that's wrong at all.</div>
  • I did my TTD like 2 weeks after my wedding. I kinda want to do another one, and REALLY trash it. Like jump in the ocean, get splattered in paint. Something.

Poke, I still have wedding pictures. I loved my dress. Also, I LOVE yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards