Wedding Etiquette Forum

Morning thread, if you have something to say.

Good Morning Saturday.

It is an absolutely beautiful day in the 1000 Islands.  I am the only one up.   Big surprise.  The wedding is 4 days away and I am literally bouncing off the walls.  One of my sisters arrived last night from Colorado with my mother.  Today another sister arrives.  It is good to be hanging with everyone.

What is up for you?

Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.

• Good morning! Ski, you must be so excited!
  • Yes, literally bouncing off the walls.  Today we will finish odds and ends for the wedding, play games, and enjoy the river.  People started arriving last evening.  My daughter will not arrive until tomorrow night.  I can't believe the day is almost finally here.

What are you up to today? 
  • cookie0803cookie0803 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    That sounds like a blast! Right now I'm packing to go to the shore with FI for the weekend. We're meeting his family there to celebrate this weeks birthdays (FMIL and nieces first birthday). It should be fun. Edited to add things my phone left out.
  • I love the shore, are you headed to the Jersey Shore?  I lived in PA all but the last two years.  Went to college in Philly and had a family friend who lived in Mapleshade, NJ.  We made lots of trips to the Jersey Shore, fun time.  Birthdays across generations are the best.  Enjoy you day, it sound like great fun.

What are you cat's names, they are very pretty.
  • Yep, FI's family shares a house in South Jersey. It's pretty great. I hope you enjoy your day, too. And thanks! Dory is the one upside down, hissing, and Raja is the one about to pounce. Dory is a girl (hence the flower on her collar) and Raja is a boy.
  • Morning!  Soooooo close to your wedding!  Careful while you are bouncing off the walls! heheh

H accidentally knee'd or punched my back last night while he was sleeping....I awoke to immense pain, him apologizing profusely, and rubbing my back....I feel back to sleep pretty quickly, but now that I am awake it is still sore. 

• Hockey, yikers, did he have a (pardon the pun), a knee jerk reaction type dream?

• Ouch! So, naturally, you get breakfast in bed this morning, right?
  • Ski: haha, I think he said something like, he saw the clock and it said 5:00 and he thought he slept until 5:00 pm so he was trying to jump out of bed.

cookie: don't be ridiculous.  H has today off from work, which means he will sleep until noon.  If I waited that long for breakfast I would be starving!
  • Ha! It was worth a try.
  • It is slow around here this morning, huh?
  • Morning!  I just made us breakfast, and now we have to go move a palm tree.  At least we get paid for it.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Morning!  I just got up a little while ago and my cat threw up while I was eating my breakfast so I went to clean it up and then *I* almost threw up too.  Good times.  We had insane storms come through last night, lots of trees down and people without power.  70-80 mile winds, heavy rain, and the loudest, longest cracks of thunder I have ever heard.   We lucked out and didn't lose power and our only casualty was our heavy umbrella base shattered on the deck.  All our deck and patio furnture is scattered across the yard but it all looks unbroken.  A huge chunk of our neighbor's tree came down and it looks like it was about 2 feet from landing on our fence. From the looks of Facebook this morning a ton of my friends are without power, and they're saying it could be 5-7 days.....with highs in the mid-90s every day!

ski, how exciting! I can't believe you are so close.  Enjoy every minute!  Can't wait to see pictures :)

• Eagles: excuse my ignorance, but what is a Thundershirt?
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Completely random - Eagles, are you a jeweler or work for one?  Did I make that up?
  • Good morning! 

Eagles, my parents' dog is afraid of thunderstorms too. They haven't bought him the thundershirt yet but their vet gave him anti-anxiety meds for when a storm hits. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:2b98695f-f7c3-437c-8683-79d0397b728f">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How big is the tree?
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe about 8 feet?  It's not huge.  It's just the asshole kind that has the spines on the fronds, so we have to trim the shiiit out of it before we do anything.  One of those spines got my knuckle one time and my mom had to put me on antibiotics for it.  My knuckle was huge and painful.</div>

• Good morning.  Our power fickered a bit last night but came right back on.  There are sticks and pine cones all over my yard though so I'll have to do some clean up at some point.  I just cleaned it up from the storm that went through last Friday.  I'm not even attemping to do that today though as it's still supposed to be lke 100 out with 75% humidity.  I had 2 softball games in this weather last night and by the end there was not an inch of my clothing that wasn't dripping wet.  It was disgusting.

Not much on tap for me today.  Staying in the AC and being lazy probably, and working out at some point.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:0a97e04f-63dd-47e9-81ee-bde7b8a0f8cf">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy, yep!  I try not to out myself though.  ;)
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>VENDOR.</div>

• Eagles: Thanks...I might look into getting one for my cat...he absolutely hates storms...and I always feel bad for him.

adamar: that stinks...be careful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:0a97e04f-63dd-47e9-81ee-bde7b8a0f8cf">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy, yep!  I try not to out myself though.  ;)
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Ah-ha!  You will have a PM from me in a minute :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:7433174f-0a4c-4589-a051-0decd36698b6">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning!  Soooooo close to your wedding!  Careful while you are bouncing off the walls! heheh H accidentally knee'd or punched my back last night while he was sleeping....I awoke to immense pain, him apologizing profusely, and rubbing my back....I feel back to sleep pretty quickly, but now that I am awake it is still sore. 
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ugh, one night H was apparently having a dream involving an eel and got pissed at said eel and felt the need to punch it in the face.  Punching the eel in the face = angelsong getting a kidney punch in her sleep.  Weirdest experience, and that hurt for a few days too.  I hope it doesn't stay sore for too long!</div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning, everyone. It's a calm, lazy, humid day here. We're trying to muster up the energy to go shopping for a couch, but I cannot take one more day of sun and heat. We need a solid 2-3 days of rain and storms. They keep missing us by a fraction of an inch and then moving on to whomp IN, OH, and PA.

Sorry about the power outages, though. That really sucks, especially in this heat. I hope they set up some cooling centers or something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:d9975937-d96e-4272-9585-a09ca3ed3fcc">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning.  Our power fickered a bit last night but came right back on.  <strong>There are sticks and pine cones all over my yard though so I'll have to do some clean up at some point.</strong>  I just cleaned it up from the storm that went through last Friday.  I'm not even attemping to do that today though as it's still supposed to be lke 100 out with 75% humidity.  I had 2 softball games in this weather last night and by the end there was not an inch of my clothing that wasn't dripping wet.  It was disgusting. Not much on tap for me today.  Staying in the AC and being lazy probably, and working out at some point.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

Ours too, and the pool is like out of control filthy, even though it was just cleaned on Thursday.  As soon as the thunder and lightning stopped last night, even though it was still raining pretty hard, H was out there trying to skim the pool.  I'm like, you can probably do that tomorrow.  Especially since there's potential for more storms this weekend!
  • Thanks, eagles! FBIL and his FI got their dog a thundershirt, but I don't think it made much of a difference. When I was little, we had a dog that was so terrified of storms we had to actually sedate him. My mom accidentally gave me one of his pills instead of my ADD meds once. That was a fun day...
  • Man, those storms sound brutal.

Eags, that reminded me that I have a question for you too so I'll PM you as well if you don't mind. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:fea2e8d1-cba4-4e88-adb4-02d976bc3307">Re:Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]  My mom accidentally gave me one of his pills instead of my ADD meds once. That was a fun day...
    Posted by cookie0803[/QUOTE]

I know it isn't funny, but the way you said it made me giggle.  Did it calm you at all?
  • Here's the pool area....notice the chairs and tables in the bushes and the rocks.  Luckily those heavier chairs didn't blow away.  The deck is in pretty rough shape, too.

• abbalish: I love your backyard!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards