Wedding Party
Options

Complicated Vent Post

Ok...I'm going to try to make this make sense.  Most importantly, though, know that I am just venting and can't do it on facebook like I'd just love to.

My FH's friend T has been his friend since they were 5 along with their friend Marie.  When  Troy and his 'lovely' wife had a shotgun wedding 2 years ago, she tried to keep my FH from attending the wedding because it was to be "small" even though her hubby and his whole family wanted him there.

Now that we're getting married, we both wanted T to be the best man in the wedding.  He's been tough to reach because he's been in military training, so we went through his wife to discuss whether or not he could be in the party and perhaps their son could be involved as well.  She was very negative about it and said they were moving to another state. 

Since then, my FH has chosen M to be his "best woman" instead.  Now we've learned that Troy is upset that he's not going to be involved.  I told him he could just expand the groom's party and make him a groomsman to which he replied "I can do that?!"  It was adorable. 

I just wish this biatch of a woman would stop victimizing my poor FH.  I have half a mind to not invite her or their illigitimate children to the wedding.  Scratch that.  Her kids are great.  She's just an ignorant, self-absorbed jerk.

In the end, it works out for me, because I get to have the one friend I wanted to add to my party into the mix and that makes me ecstatic.  I just feel bad that the man who's been by my FH's side forever is stuck with such an intrusive, selfish, jerk and it affects my poor FH. :(  Why are women so crazy?!

Re: Complicated Vent Post

• Options
    Okay. First, why doesn't your husband tell his friend about the conversations with the wife?  Second, after what happened, there's no problem adding him the the WP.  You, on the other hand, should not be asking anyone else.  The person you are asking will feel like he or she is there for no reason other than to give you even sides (which should not have been a concern in the first place.  Third, that was a seriously bitchy move criticizing children for the circumstances of their birth.  Why are women so crazy indeed.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    I don't understand why he would call his friend's wife about him being in the wedding.  Even if there wasn't bad blood between them, he should have called his friend (or emailed him if he's overseas) to invite him to be in the wedding party.  It sounds like he is inviting some of this drama.  

You should be ashamed of yourself for attacking the children.  Even in jest to total strangers, that is a horribly nasty thing to say.  I can't imagine what sort of person would attack a friends' children because they dislike the mother.  

You should not invite anyone else to be in the wedding party, whether or not your FI invites this guy.  Your friend will (accurately) feel that you only invited her to even up the numbers, and that you care more about numbers than about friendship.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:a9d431b6-2f68-447d-b080-5204f93ee431">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uh, she said "scratch that" about the ugly kid remark.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
    If only there were some way to remove a statement that you regret after writing it but before posting it.  Maybe a key on the keyboard.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Saying "scratch that" is usually just emphasizing the dig. Like saying "tee hee, oh I'm terrible, I take it back! (not really, winky face!)". Seriously.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:68cc26b5-0b25-4869-9b5f-eb0f22953ac0">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sympathize.  It's hard to see a good friend shackled to a rotten spouse.

Yup, I heard you. It's the same in my family - my poor cousin is the victim in this case...
  • Options
    Being an illigitimate child has nothing to do with the child, morons.  I didn't dig them.  Though she made such a big deal about not wanting them to attend, I might as well just shun them and give them one less reason to hate her.  After 2 abortions, a miscarriage, and two illigitimate children with 4 different women by the age of 20, I think he dug himself that hole.  Unfortunately, the last one forced him into a marriage 6 months into their relationship because she's too mean to actually find a man on her own. 

Also, my friend was going to be an unofficial member of my party because she lives far away and wasn't going to be able to be involved.  She was the one who said it would be easier for her to just do a reading and avoid the numbers stuff.  You know, some brides are normal people with normal friends and reasonable expectations.  Others are already married and still blogging on the knot because their marriages apparently didn't work out and they have nothing better to do.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:07b72bcd-ac48-4977-b417-a5d2b5eac315">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Being an illigitimate child has nothing to do with the child, morons.  I didn't dig them.  Though she made such a big deal about not wanting them to attend, <strong>I might as well just shun them</strong> and give them one less reason to hate her.  After 2 abortions, a miscarriage, and two illigitimate children with 4 different women by the age of 20, I think he dug himself that hole.  Unfortunately, the last one forced him into a marriage 6 months into their relationship because she's too mean to actually find a man on her own.  Also, my friend was going to be an unofficial member of my party because she lives far away and wasn't going to be able to be involved.  She was the one who said it would be easier for her to just do a reading and avoid the numbers stuff.  You know, some brides are normal people with normal friends and reasonable expectations.  Others are already married and still blogging on the knot because their marriages apparently didn't work out and they have nothing better to do.
    Posted by lagonza[/QUOTE]
    How lucky for them to be shut of someone who sounds so delightful to be around.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Don't you have a husband to annoy?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:05d0c1f4-1bab-4213-95bc-19a06d81a0b1">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't you have a husband to annoy?
    Don't you have an original insult in your head?  Or room for anything other than venom and bile?

• Options
    Oh, so you're often accused of not giving your husband enough attention? Very interesting....Please give me more bridal advice.  You clearly did it right.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:feab9948-9666-4d5f-9847-809656c3d138">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, so you're often accused of not giving your husband enough attention? Very interesting....Please give me more bridal advice.  You clearly did it right.
    Every snot with an engagement ring who doesn't get the validation she's looking for automatically defaults to the, "Oh, I feel so sorry for your poor husbands" remark.  No one who actually knows me, or has an ounce of emotional maturity of their own, would think that my husband has any cause for complaint.<div>
    </div><div>And, you know, I'm still on good terms with all of my attendants and don't have anyone holding stupid grudges at me over a six-hour party.  But if you're so sure you have all the answers, just keep doing your thing.  Clearly there's no way you could possibly be in the wrong.</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:05d0c1f4-1bab-4213-95bc-19a06d81a0b1">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't you have a husband to annoy?

Wow O_o.  Excuse me while I go thank my mother for how she raised me.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:6e2b8dd5-04a9-4ef7-bf7f-5caf0681c949">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We're still here because The Knot's rules don't require us to leave just because our weddings are over, we've made friends here, and we love to talk about weddings.</strong>  We give the benefit of our experience to the new brides. P.S. There are no illegitimate children.  There are only illegitimate parents.  The kids are innocent, so should not be branded by the ignorant and cruel.

Is that why? Because it doesn't take a computer programmer to go through Aerin's recent posts and see that she's dissing people like it's her job and trying to point fingers at others like they're awful, heartless people. 

If it quacks like a duck, it's a duck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:b59566d7-11d2-4178-a324-dd3cc8ae1c6b">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Complicated Vent Post : Every snot with an engagement ring who doesn't get the validation she's looking for automatically defaults to the, "Oh, I feel so sorry for your poor husbands" remark.  No one who actually knows me, or has an ounce of emotional maturity of their own, would think that my husband has any cause for complaint. <strong>And, you know, I'm still on good terms with all of my attendants and don't have anyone holding stupid grudges at me over a six-hour party.  But if you're so sure you have all the answers, just keep doing your thing.  Clearly there's no way you could possibly be in the wrong.</strong>
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

A wedding is not a reception.  The fact that people treat it as such is sickening.  A wedding is a sacred ceremony in which two people pledge their love for each other in front of and for God.  If his best friends whip, wife, whatever you want to call her, doesn't support what marriage is supposed to be, rather than part of the child-birth process, then that's her problem.  Marriage isn't about covering your Catholic checklist or getting your tax deductions and insurance from the Navy.   People who treat it that way are a disgrace.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:c36354fe-e116-4356-9c96-541b801715da">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Complicated Vent Post : A wedding is not a reception.  The fact that people treat it as such is sickening.  A wedding is a sacred ceremony in which two people pledge their love for each other in front of and for God.  If his best friends whip, wife, whatever you want to call her, doesn't support what marriage is supposed to be, rather than part of the child-birth process, then that's her problem.  Marriage isn't about covering your Catholic checklist or getting your tax deductions and insurance from the Navy.   People who treat it that way are a disgrace.
    What you're talking about is a <em>marriage</em>.  A wedding really is just the party, and what's sickening is the people who can't disentangle the two.  The relationships of others shouldn't affect your marriage any more than it should affect the party, unless you can't get over the fact that the entire world doesn't revolve around you and the lives of others aren't somehow judgments on or reactions to yours.<div>
    </div><div>I must say, I've never seen someone so self-righteous about acting like such a harpy, so points for that, I guess.</div>

• Options
    A person who openly disrespects the ceremony that begins our marriage while she and her hubby run around spitting on the entire concept of marriage does, actually, affect my wedding, as it's reaking havoc on my poor FI.  If you can't see anything sacred about a wedding, then it's probably time you did actually retire your knot profile or do some research on what weddings are actually supposed to be about.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:bf9542de-5054-4444-9a61-2b831300a669">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]A person who openly disrespects the ceremony that begins our marriage while she and her hubby run around spitting on the entire concept of marriage does, actually, affect my wedding, as it's reaking havoc on my poor FI.  If you can't see anything sacred about a wedding, then it's probably time you did actually retire your knot profile or do some research on what weddings are actually supposed to be about.

The only thing I see wreaking havoc on your FI is that his spouse can't stop judging other people for their choices, goes around picking fights, and can't admit that she might be wrong even when multiple people tell her so.  When someone posts here telling us that their FI is making decisions about who they can be friends with, the unanimous response is for that person to run like hell.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:bf9542de-5054-4444-9a61-2b831300a669">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]A person who openly disrespects the ceremony that begins our marriage while she and her hubby run around spitting on the entire concept of marriage does, actually, affect my wedding, as it's reaking havoc on my poor FI.  If you can't see anything sacred about a wedding, then it's probably time you did actually retire your knot profile or do some research on what weddings are actually supposed to be about.

You seriously need to get a grip here.  The only two people who CAN affect your marriage are you and your FI.  If you are going to be this stupidly judgmental about this, how about having all of your guests sign affidavits that they have never engaged in any behavior at any point in their lives that you find to be morally repugnant and an insult to your definition of marriage?
  • Options
    This is why I became a teacher; people can't read.  Your comprehension must be really low.  I could go through every word I said, define each one, and teach entire lessons on pragmatics in this situation.  I think I'll go with the "you can't fix stupid" method, instead.  Enjoy your full-time jobs as internet A-holes.  I hope it brings you joy in life.  I can't imagine people that cruel finding friends outside of the internet.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:e5f21838-9c9f-4c45-97ff-324fc17d8c1a">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is why I became a teacher; people can't read.  Your comprehension must be really low.  I could go through every word I said, define each one, and teach entire lessons on pragmatics in this situation.  I think I'll go with the "you can't fix stupid" method, instead.  Enjoy your full-time jobs as internet A-holes.  I hope it brings you joy in life.  I can't imagine people that cruel finding friends outside of the internet.

This is the kind of nonsense people spew when they know they're wrong and are too stubborn and prideful to admit it.  I stand by my original assertion that these people would be glad to be shut of you, and hopefully your FI has the sense to understand what you're doing to his friendships and what he's going to be stuck with.

• Options
    Sparknotes version of all the places you. Aerin, went wrong:

She refused to have my FI at her wedding because she didn't want him there and didn't want to treat it as a real wedding. THAT is the definition of shutting someone out and disrespecting the sanctity of marriage.  Eventually, her husband's family, who practically co-raised my FI, begged him to come and disregard her.

I was the one who said, upon finding out she lied to my FI while he was at basic, that he SHOULD invite him to be an attendent because he wants to take part in it.  She still doesn't want him to bother travelling for something as minor as a wedding.

She isn't a friend of either of ours and does not want to associate herself with anyone but her son and husband.

I specifically stated that a wedding is a sacred CEREMONY starting a marriage and should be taken seriously.

I also don't realize I'm wrong because I stand firmly that you habitually state things in an overly abrasive manner for no apparent reason.  I didn't post because I was waiting for someone to make me suddenly love his wife. I'm glad HE stopped dealing drugs, put his penis back in his pants, and turned his life around, because he's going to be my FI's friend until one of them dies.  I'm still waiting for her to become a good person, stop dicking around, and start parenting her children.

Retread bride: Becoming a teacher means that you will, undyingly, butt into people's lives for the sake of their children.  You will call DCFS a number of times, disagree with parents on a nearly hourly basis and tell them that you will treat their child differently than they do at home while he is at school even if it upsets them, because it's what's best for him.  I also don't straight up curse in daily conversation and didn't here, either.  I did abbreviate the "a word" and am sorry that I offended you.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:1dc47de5-1456-4a35-98af-0e78beb7e7ae">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sparknotes version of all the places you. Aerin, went wrong: She refused to have my FI at her wedding because she didn't want him there and didn't want to treat it as a real wedding. THAT is the definition of shutting someone out and disrespecting the sanctity of marriage.  Eventually, her husband's family, who practically co-raised my FI, begged him to come and disregard her. I was the one who said, upon finding out she lied to my FI while he was at basic, that he SHOULD invite him to be an attendent because he wants to take part in it.  She still doesn't want him to bother travelling for something as minor as a wedding. She isn't a friend of either of ours and does not want to associate herself with anyone but her son and husband. I specifically stated that a wedding is a sacred CEREMONY starting a marriage and should be taken seriously. I also don't realize I'm wrong because I stand firmly that you habitually state things in an overly abrasive manner for no apparent reason.  I didn't post because I was waiting for someone to make me suddenly love his wife. I'm glad HE stopped dealing drugs, put his penis back in his pants, and turned his life around, because he's going to be my FI's friend until one of them dies.  I'm still waiting for her to become a good person, stop dicking around, and start parenting her children. Retread bride: Becoming a teacher means that you will, undyingly, butt into people's lives for the sake of their children.  You will call DCFS a number of times, disagree with parents on a nearly hourly basis and tell them that you will treat their child differently than they do at home while he is at school even if it upsets them, because it's what's best for him.  I also don't straight up curse in daily conversation and didn't here, either.  I did abbreviate the "a word" and am sorry that I offended you.

And you're precisely the person to be lecturing on being too abrasive in the way you state things, given that your first response in this thread was to call us all morons. Yup, you're a real class act, all right.

You're not going to convince anyone here that you're somehow not a judgmental shrew and that you're really just sweet and misunderstood and trying to watch out for your apparently helpless FI.  You might as well just give it up. Perhaps you should take this as a lesson that you shouldn't really vent to people who don't actually know or care about you, especially if that vent doesn't make you look very good.

• Options
    You may have one thread on me, but you have a laundry list of cruel comments.  One passionate topic of mine < your devotion to cruelty.  I'd love to see how far back your hurtful comments go, but that would require I read more of your comments.  Let's leave this one up to God.  He knows better than you do, that's for sure and His is the only opinion I care about, so save it, sweetheart.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:a001d1d2-139f-4467-b30c-4ff7bdb731db">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]You may have one thread on me, but you have a laundry list of cruel comments.  One passionate topic of mine < your devotion to cruelty.  I'd love to see how far back your hurtful comments go, but that would require I read more of your comments.  Let's leave this one up to God.  He knows better than you do, that's for sure and His is the only opinion I care about, so save it, sweetheart.
    Wow.  And just when I thought there was no more respect I could lose for you.  It figures, I was just starting to have faith in humanity again, so I guess it was about time.  My understanding is that god doesn't have a very high opinion of hypocrites and sinners casting stones.  If you're going to be hiding behind that particular higher power, you have even less defense for your horrible judginess and general horribleness.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm not even going to go point by point to show you how ridiculous you are being.  I will say though that our husbands are grown men who can handle it when we get a little bitchy.  If you are a teacher, however, and you are really this judgmental and abrasive in real life, man do I ever feel sorry for your students.
  • Options
    "Wow.  And just when I thought there was no more respect I could lose for you.  It figures, I was just starting to have faith in humanity again, so I guess it was about time.  My understanding is that god doesn't have a very high opinion of hypocrites and sinners casting stones.  If you're going to be hiding behind that particular higher power, you have even less defense for your horrible judginess and general horribleness. "

Don't pretend I have anything to do with your faith in humanity.  And your seeming lack of respect for Him actually puts all the pieces together as to why you have such strange opinions of what weddings are supposed to be.  No wonder you don't understand the importance of the sacred ceremony that is a wedding; you're a lost soul.  Praying for you and your husband!

"If you are a teacher, however, and you are really this judgmental and abrasive in real life, man do I ever feel sorry for your students."

Looking at the data, aka a large number of quick judgements and harsh comments from one poster over and over, and drawing a logical conclusion hardly makes a person judgemental.  You'll notice I'm not striking back at anyone I don't find habitually rude.

Don't worry, y'all! I've already removed my membership.  I'm looking for a planning site that has REAL brides on it, rather then a bunch of ex-brides with apparently unfulfilled marriages, telling other brides how to start unfulfilling marriages.  I wouldn't dare start my marriage with any of these people's advice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_complicated-vent-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae44e39f-86f1-424d-9bc6-dcb83935efefPost:13782ac6-8e9a-4dff-a48e-3e4f6c516434">Re: Complicated Vent Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Wow.  And just when I thought there was no more respect I could lose for you.  It figures, I was just starting to have faith in humanity again, so I guess it was about time.  My understanding is that god doesn't have a very high opinion of hypocrites and sinners casting stones.  If you're going to be hiding behind that particular higher power, you have even less defense for your horrible judginess and general horribleness. " Don't pretend I have anything to do with your faith in humanity.  And your seeming lack of respect for Him actually puts all the pieces together as to why you have such strange opinions of what weddings are supposed to be.  No wonder you don't understand the importance of the sacred ceremony that is a wedding; you're a lost soul.  Praying for you and your husband! "If you are a teacher, however, and you are really this judgmental and abrasive in real life, man do I ever feel sorry for your students." Looking at the data, aka a large number of quick judgements and harsh comments from one poster over and over, and drawing a logical conclusion hardly makes a person judgemental.  <strong>You'll notice I'm not striking back at anyone I don't find habitually rude.</strong> Don't worry, y'all! I've already removed my membership.  I'm looking for a planning site that has REAL brides on it, rather then a bunch of ex-brides with apparently unfulfilled marriages, telling other brides how to start unfulfilling marriages.  I wouldn't dare start my marriage with any of these people's advice.
    Other than calling us all morons to start, and making a big deal about the children being illegitimate, which is why people got on you in the first place.  Funny how you make absolutely no apologies for your own terrible behavior, yet seem to think you're so much better than the people responding to you in kind.  I guess I don't have the mental health problems to understand that level of delusion.  I know I can be a little blunt here, because similar bluntness from other experienced brides kept me from making some pretty terrible mistakes.  It only tends to escalate when the other person comes back blindly swinging and can't get over themselves.<div>
    </div><div>It's judgmental, hypocritical, and generally horrible Christians like you (for I can only assume that you're Christian, since I encounter this kind of behavior regularly from them and from no one else) that gives the whole lot a bad name.  Tell me, how are the fees to get married at Westboro Baptist?  Because if you're not a member already, something tells me you'd fit right in.</div>

• Options
    I normally don't post on this board, but I just had to butt in on this one because I'm also a teacher.  

I really hope that you don't act like this around your children or that you treat your parents like this, especially when you claim you disagree wtih them.  Maybe things are different where you are, but I would never tell a parent that I disagree with them about how they raise their child.  I may not agree with it, but I wouldn't verbalize that.  That's a good way to get a parent mad at you, which could lead to some big problems.  I hope that, for your students' sake, you are not like this to them.  I also feel bad for your colleagues if you are.  You might get an earful from me if we worked at the same school.

Also, Aerin, you coment on Christians above seems very generalized.  I'm sorry if you have met some "non-Christian" Christians, but we certainly aren't all like that.  
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards