October 2013 Weddings
Options

Popping out of the snow... like daisies!

Ha, If only we had snow... But really, I keep thinking about things that we need to look into. Like, a dance floor. Our DJ won't provide one. Not sure our venue has one we can rent, and I feel like having a dance floor is only a good idea because then it gives a defined "dancing space" and honestly, I feel like it encourages people to dance. Sigh.

Have you ladies been discovering anything else you hadn't originally thought of?

Re: Popping out of the snow... like daisies!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_popping-out-of-the-snow-like-daisies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:279aa7db-acc5-4108-a13e-90bd50109703Post:1f8c9e8f-679e-4e90-bcb7-0480102adaa4">Popping out of the snow... like daisies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha,<strong> If only we had snow...</strong> But really, I keep thinking about things that we need to look into. Like, a dance floor. Our DJ won't provide one. Not sure our venue has one we can rent, and I feel like having a dance floor is only a good idea because then it gives a defined "dancing space" and honestly, I feel like it encourages people to dance. Sigh. Have you ladies been discovering anything else you hadn't originally thought of?
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

You can take ours. We are supposed to get 4 inches again today. Wed is the first day of spring and its going to be cold all week.

I forgot, what kind of reception are you having?

• Options
    It is snowing now! We are actually finding lots of things we hadn't originally thought of in addition to not knowing exactly what we are doing for reception decor.
  • Options
    Please... TAKE OUR SNOW!!

I am not having a dance floor put down - the flooring at our venue is stained concrete and looks pretty nice. But to define the area I am hanging a string of globe lights above the dance floor (ala italian bistro white lights - not anything techno-y). My dj does have some fancy lights and stuff too but I'm not sure yet if we will be using those.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    Hey! I like the snow, stop trying to give it away! But I also get to stay inside most of the day and do not have to drive far in the snow at all. I was already at work when it started so all I have to do is go home. Our venue is providing us with a dance floor as part of our "package". It is nice to not have to worry about that.
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_popping-out-of-the-snow-like-daisies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:279aa7db-acc5-4108-a13e-90bd50109703Post:1f8c9e8f-679e-4e90-bcb7-0480102adaa4">Popping out of the snow... like daisies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, If only we had snow... But really, I keep thinking about things that we need to look into. Like, a dance floor. Our DJ won't provide one. Not sure our venue has one we can rent, and I feel like having a dance floor is only a good idea because then it gives a defined "dancing space" and honestly, I feel like it encourages people to dance. Sigh. Have you ladies been discovering anything else you hadn't originally thought of?

<div>Renting a dance floor is insanely expensive.  I thought about it for a minute until I saw the price!</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_popping-out-of-the-snow-like-daisies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:279aa7db-acc5-4108-a13e-90bd50109703Post:c4e552ad-5bb2-4cab-a600-fda1e847783d">Re: Popping out of the snow... like daisies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Popping out of the snow... like daisies! : You can take ours. We are supposed to get 4 inches again today. Wed is the first day of spring and its going to be cold all week. <strong>I forgot, what kind of reception are you having?</strong>
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>There are different kinds? lol. We're not having a sit-down dinner. Cocktail tables, and seated tables, will be available. Appetizer sized foods (but with PLENTY to eat - so it's a full meal). I want my guests to be able to graze rather than all eat at once. So um... I want it to be a party, I guess?</div>
  • Options
    Well, I feel silly.

I just looked at the pictures I have of our space again - and the area where we're planning on having the DJ set up is on hardwood flooring. So, no dance floor needed - yay. Now... how to define the dance floor area? We can't attach anything to the walls/ceiling.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_popping-out-of-the-snow-like-daisies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:279aa7db-acc5-4108-a13e-90bd50109703Post:b2f9da79-90bc-4e75-8800-99eae1c182e4">Re: Popping out of the snow... like daisies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Popping out of the snow... like daisies! : There are different kinds? lol. We're not having a sit-down dinner. Cocktail tables, and seated tables, will be available. Appetizer sized foods (but with PLENTY to eat - so it's a full meal). I want my guests to be able to graze rather than all eat at once. So um... I want it to be a party, I guess?

I meant what type of reception venue... Tents, etc. I forgot or missed it somewhere.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_popping-out-of-the-snow-like-daisies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:279aa7db-acc5-4108-a13e-90bd50109703Post:b2473fa3-c6c4-47b3-a114-7fc9c8180f30">Re: Popping out of the snow... like daisies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Popping out of the snow... like daisies! : I meant what type of reception venue... Tents, etc. I forgot or missed it somewhere.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooh, okay. Our reception is in the cafe space in an art museum.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_popping-out-of-the-snow-like-daisies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:279aa7db-acc5-4108-a13e-90bd50109703Post:1fdc87e1-2286-46a1-ad4d-895bcb8dade9">Re: Popping out of the snow... like daisies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I feel silly. I just looked at the pictures I have of our space again - and the area where we're planning on having the DJ set up is on hardwood flooring. So, no dance floor needed - yay. Now... how to define the dance floor area? We can't attach anything to the walls/ceiling.

Have the DJ set up around that specific area.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards