Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Morning! Who's around?

Instead of my body waking me up at 9:30, it's now 8:30.  Joy.

And my heat does work...H restarted it and it started blowing out warm air before we went to bed, thank GOD.

How's everyone this morning?  I'm hungry.
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Morning! Who's around?

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Good morning!  Glad *your* heat is working. 

We have friends coming over for brunch later so I need to finish cleaning the apt.  Instead, I'm on the couch reading a magazine.  I also have to go suit shopping later because my booty and thighs have gotten too big for all my suits and I need one for interviewing.  Yuck. 
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2010
    morning.. I'm here but not for long.  I have to work.

We have a crazy group checking in today.  By crazy I mean the meeting planners want us to stop the rain (btw the rain lasted only 5 mins) and somehow get rid of all the mosquitos.   Ummm, yeah.   Let me get on the Bat phone to mother nature and see what I can do for you?  Idiots.

edit - the mosquitos are not that bad.  they just like certain people more than others. It seems the meeting planners they like.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Morning, little momma! I'm good, although tired. Glad to hear you guys have heat - that would have been a huge bummer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Good Morning, another cold day!! At least the sun is shining.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    julez - you can always use a new suit, right?  :)  Is your heat broken??

lynda - why do rich people lose all sense of reality and think that you have control over the weather?  That's insane...I hope they give you a big tip.

brooke - how's the new tat?  Can you sleep on your side or is it tender?  I've never gotten a tattoo, so I have no idea what it's like.

Morning kd!  I think it's cloudy-ish here.  Haven't really looked outside yet, but I know it's chilly...it's not supposed to warm up until later this week.  The poor Arkansicles.

• Options
    Morning! It's my last day with FI before I head home tomorrow, and I am paralyzed on the couch with a cold. Booooo. I took some NyQuil last night, and I think it did something to my equilibrium (in addition to the bad dreams) because I can hardly stand up.

On the plus side, our Valentine's Day dinner was lovely last night. The things I made came out pretty well, and it was just so nice to sit down at the table to dinner, rather than the couch while watching a movie or something.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Good morning!  I just had my brunch leftovers from yesterday.  Then on the way into the bathroom, I saw that my cat had thrown up, and thought, ehh, I'll clean it up later once it dries.  Then I came out of the bathroom like 30 seconds later and half of the puke was missing, and my cat was standing near it, licking her chops.

Oh, and my fish keeps pulling the air pump tube out of place and we keep having to put it back in.  It's really annoying.  I'm disliking our pets so far today.

• Options
    Morning! I'm tired. I stayed up way too late last night and was up way too early. Not muched planned here as there is still a shitton of snow one the ground. I just finished cleaning the kitchen and have started laundry. I'll probably take Ben out to play in the snow after lunch.
  • Options
    No, my heat's not broken.  I accidentally typed you're heat and had to go back and edit.  Obviously, I'm not totally awake yet this morning.
  • Options
    mag - sounds like it could be a swollen lymph node, which is think can be pretty common with a cold.  I'd give it a few days to see if it improves, unless it's really bad...not like I'm a doctor or have any medical training whatsoever.  Regardless, I hope you feel better soon!

sarah - glad you had a nice dinner!  I'm sorry you're sick and leaving FI soon.  I remember when B and I were long distance and it just sucked.  You are so strong and amazing for doing that and I really admire you...I couldn't do it.

abba - that's disgusting.  Ewwww, so gross.  I'm starving and now I don't even want breakfast...but who am I kidding, I'm going to eat it anyway!  Had you been talking about doing more pics since your H was sick at your wedding?  If you were, have you decided?  If not, I suck and have an awful memory.

• Options
    cew - it was so funny seeing all of these kids out in snow suits yesterday...for the 1/2" that we got.  They were trying to sled in it, but you could see the grass through it.  It's also a huge waste of buying a snow suit for a little kid!

• Options
    Good morning! Glad your heat's back on-way too cold for it to poop out on you.

I'm sitting around today, playing with my planning bio and putting off homework.

Mags, you have lymph nodes in your armpit. It's normal for them to swell a bit when you're sick, but if it sticks around, yes, get it checked.
  • Options
    Haha abbalish, I once saw Jon Stewart doing standup, and he told a very similar story about his dog, but it involved evacuations from both ends.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Haha, sorry, didn't mean to gross you out, sucrets!  Eat breakfast anyway!  Mine was soooooo good - vanilla and mascarpone risotto with figs, and I added dried cranberries and sliced almonds.  Does that make you feel better?

We half-talked about getting dressed up and going somewhere for more pictures but we never did it.  Maybe we'll hire a photographer for an hour or so at our first anniversary party.  Or at least ask friends to take pics.
  • Options
    I know! My dad acted like I was crazy for refusing to buy Ben a snowsuit and just layering him up. It just makes no sense to me. We get one or two snows a year, if that, so we'd be buying a new one each year just for him to wear it once or twice.
  • Options
    sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I was going to eat a healthy breakfast but then I walked into the kitchen and saw the box of Krispy Kremes that we bought yesterday and couldn't resist.  Yumm.

**edited since I was typing poorly with sticky donut hands**

• Options
    I don't blame you, cew.  You could also look at consignment shops - my bff got us a Baby Bjorn there for $25 brand new with tags...they're usually $80!

• Options
    Morning! I get to go to work today. There's some snow on the ground, so it'll be a slow day. I guess that means I can get all my paperwork done before my DM comes to auditi me! I work in a retail store, so I'll have my assistant deal with the customers today while I focus on busy work.

After that we're supposed to go to a local sports bar to watch the WWE PPV, but I'm more in the mood to stay home and watch the What Not to Wear we DVRd the other night.
    planning

• Options
    That's a good idea, Sucrets. I may do that. I just never think to look for them until it's too late. :) Same with snow shovels and ice scrapers.
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies! Church got canceled this morning (too much ice in the roads for most parishoners), so I have a lazy day. Puffed apple pancake is in the oven right now for breakfast. We got most of the laundry done yesterday, so today is going to be devoted to baking; rosemary-orange shortbread, chocolate-chocolate chip cookies, then ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner.
  • Options
    Wow, sara, I want to come over to your house!

jano - GL and I hope you get everything done!

cew - I left my ice scraper (I had a long one for my suv) in NY.  Luckily I haven't really needed it here, plus I have remote start, so I'll leave the defrost on and start it 5 min before I go out and it melts anything that's on my winshield.

FYI - I just ate two donuts.  TWO.  Ack.

• Options
    That's exactly what I do, Sucrets. I usually park in the garage, but when it snows, I have to park on the street because my driveway is steep as hell. I'm also a fan of it because the car is already warm and toasty when I get in it to leave.
  • Options
    Why do I still read Sara's posts about what she's cooking?  They always make me feel hungry and totally inferior with my baking skillz.
  • Options
    I'm really not big on the whole idea of snowsuits for most occasions. You go out and play in the snow and you come back inside all wet - so you change your clothes. No big deal. We had a few snowsuits floating around the house when we were kids, but we were always growing out of them and passing them on to the next kid, and often nobody had a snowsuit that fit at all. And now all four of us are grownups, and none of us died from playing in the snow as a kid.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I am going to the olive garden for lunch.. what should I order?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cew - I introduced my friend down here to remote start and now she's obsessed and wants one.  I love getting into a warm car in the morning!

julez - they just make me jealous since I can't cook at all.

sarah - the big plus is the waterproof factor, other than that I don't think they're a huge deal.

kk - how hungry are you?  I could totally make a meal out of breadsticks and salad, and sometimes an appetizer, too.

• Options
    Ha sucrets- i always eat so many breadsticks and salad, and order food but can only eat a bite or two! I love alfredo dipping sauce with the breadsticks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Julez, I'm with you on the suit issue.  I just weighed myself last night, and I've gained almost 7 pounds in the past few months.  DAMN. 
  • Options
    I'm here.  Sort of hung over, but not really.  Last night I went to a bar and talked wedding etiquette with a guy.  Here's the kicker, he asked me about it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kk - YESSS to the alfredo sauce.  Yum!  I do the same, but then I take the food home to reheat, so I think it works out well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards