Wedding Reception Forum
Options

what song are you using for your first dance?

hi all! i just cannot find a song for the first dance that my fiance & i like...it would be nice if we had "a song" that meant something special to do the two of us but really isn't one.. or at least not one that would be appropriate for our first dance! hoping to get some ideas... what are you and your future hubby dancing to?

Re: what song are you using for your first dance?

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzM6vSmb1A
    We are using Turning Page by Sleeping At Last. It is very dear to me and has great lyrics.
    It was on Breaking Dawn during ther honeymoon lol. Love it!
  • Options
    Blake Shelton- God Gave Me You
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Ingrid Michaelson's version of Can't Help Falling In Love
    5/27/12
  • Options
    My daughter used Crazy Love by Van Morrison
  • Options
    (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams

• Options
    Dave Matthews Band- You and Me
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Joshua Radin - Only You (acoustic version)
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options

Hold On by Michael Buble

Anniversary
  • Options
    Glee's version of Lucky, the Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat song not the Britney Spears song!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Your Guardian Angel - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
  • Options
    Sara Evans: Need to be Next to you.. It has been his ringtone since the first time i heard it... It was only fitting both for the words and what it has meant to us being in a LDR.
  • Options
    We are using Living of Love by the Avett Brothers
  • Options
    "Everything" by Michael Buble
    Anniversary
  • Options
    either Crazylove by Michael Buble (Van Morrison cover)

or God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton
  • Options
    we are doing Norah Jones "Come away with me"
  • Options
    Either "Something Special" by Usher or "So High" by John Legend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also "Hold On" by Michael Buble!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about now by Daughtry   When he asked me to marry him I panicked and said yes in 50 years...lol he said what about now :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-song-are-you-using-for-your-first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:029ca2b6-6dc8-4082-a44e-68ea07a7735fPost:b7fba2e9-6147-4039-bccb-21035a24451b">Re: what song are you using for your first dance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about now by Daughtry   When he asked me to marry him I panicked and said yes in 50 years...lol he said what about now :)
    Posted by KJeffs[/QUOTE]

Helping my best friend plan her wedding.. she's into country her future hubby's  into rock so they settled on "All I ever needed"by Bret Michaels
  • Options
    "If" by Red, Hot Chili Peppers
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    Wedding Singer (Adam Sandler) Grow old with you.. lol
  • Options
    We haven't decided yet but my two front runners are "My Best Friend" by Queen (I love the lyrics and we were best friends for a while before dating) or "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz. I don't know if that song is maybe kind of sad or weird? I love the lyrics.. but is it a first dance song? Hmm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-song-are-you-using-for-your-first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:029ca2b6-6dc8-4082-a44e-68ea07a7735fPost:95b1aff7-d903-4c13-972e-d429a10ec914">Re: what song are you using for your first dance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding Singer (Adam Sandler) Grow old with you.. lol
    Posted by deanozzi[/QUOTE]

i loooove that idea. i actually played this for him on the guitar on our first anniversary. i might have my musician friend do the same for our first dance!!! our song is "I'll Follow You into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie, but it's kind of morbid for a wedding as it starts out "Love of mine, someday you will die..." haha!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The best first dance I ever saw was my friend's. They danced to the instrumental theme song from Pixar's Up! which, incidentally, is called "Married Life."  They shortened it...it was gorgeous. 
  • Options
    All For You by Keith Urban
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    Good Morning Beautiful, by Steve Holy.  It was the first song he ever sang to me.
  • Options
    Is this love-Bob Marley

We are both huge Marley fans, but this song goes a bit deeper for us, the first time I "spent the night" at his house we were both still in our undergrads and his bachelor pad room had Marley posters all over it ( I think he has a man crush on him) and until we moved in together he had a single bed so the line " we'll share the shelter of my single bed" always made both of us think of eachother and smile.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Reflecting Light by Sam Phillips
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Stay by Belly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We'll be dancing to "All That You Are" by The Goo Goo Dolls. FI took me to a concert of theirs. It was a beautiful intimate venue and he held me and sang the lyrics in my ear. Gives me chills just thinking about it! That'll be our first dance and our second will be dancing to Michael Buble's version of the "Spiderman Theme Song" because he's such a huge Spiderman fan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards