Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Harpist at Ceremony?!

Is anyone here having a harpist play at their ceremony?  I thought it would be beautiful to have one, but I wasn't sure if I should still do a pianist then also??  Or could I just have the harpist play all of the ceremony music, besides the song our friend is singing with his guitar??

Not sure about this one, so let me know your thoughts and ideas on this! Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Harpist at Ceremony?!

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into having one but it was too expensive for us.

You could do either just the harp or harp and piano.  Is it in a church?  Will the guests be participating in singing a hymn?  If so, I'd recommend a piano or organ for accompaniment of that. 

If it is just for background music and music during the processional/recessional, then I'd say just the harp by itself would be fine!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks! There will be no hymns or singing besides our friend who will sing during the lighting of the unity candle.  So, it will just be the processional and recessional music. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a harpist and pianist. They will alternate/do a few duets during the prelude, the harpist is playing while the grandparents and parents are seated, the pianist is playing the bridesmaid processional, then of course the harp will play when I walk down....The pianist will finally play the Wedding March as the recessional.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a harpist play the wedding ceremony and then back ground music for the cocktail hour as well (ceremony and reception in the same location). We are not having any sort of special songs or hymms. Our harpist had a two hour minimum so it made sense to have her stay for the cocktail hour.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I spoke with our harpist and she will be playing Cannon in D for our processional and then we havent decided on the song for the recessional.  The harpist we chose is fairly young so she was very reasonable. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards