Connecticut

bridal lingerie

so i will be trying on dresses in late summer and i am going to want to purchase something strapless or what i will be wearing under my gown it will help with try ons and i will know how the dress looks once i have the right undergarments. i am busty on top 42-44 c,d depending on the style of the undergarment. the big box retailers like jc penny macys  lane bryant type places wont do.
 i am looking for a mom and pop place where i can get  some good stuff i live in central ct but i am willing to travel to the mass border and anywhere in ct as long as they are resonably priced and good at what they do.
 i know there is a place in plainville i went there years ago at a location they used to have in new britain to get a bra i was fitted wrong and the bra did nothing for me and was turned off by the place.  i am thinking a corsett bra would work for a wedding dress. i am not big on underwire so i will have to get used to that 

Re: bridal lingerie

• mrsrutkowskimrsrutkowski member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I don't know of any place but you may want to wait to buy until you pick out your dress. Unless you're sure you want strapless, etc when I went to try on dresses they provided an undergarment to help me get an idea of what it would look like. I am busty too so I was concerned about this as well. Because you have a larger size you could call ahead and ask if they have that size available. That way you can make your decision on what to buy once you've picked out the dress. Sorry that doesn't answer your original question but it's something to consider. Good luck and happy shopping!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I tired on dresses all the stores were able to proivde corsett bras to try on the dresses with. But I agree you may want to call ahead to see if they have your size.

I do know of a smaller store in Milford. They were super helpful when I needed to get a strapless bra for a bridesmaids dress and they were great at helping me find one that fit well and felt like it would stay up. The store name is Whispers and it is right on the green in Milford, not sure if that will be too far. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.ladyolgaslingeriehamden.com/whispersabout.htm

• you should check out lady olga's in hamden--good selection, knowledgeable staff.  i got a longline bra/corset thing there for my wedding just a few months ago.  i'm a 34 DDD, so I know they carry larger sizes. 

• If you're willing to drive to Orange, Saxon Kent is fantastic. My Mom and sister are both larger sizes so we went there for them and they were really nice and very accomodating. 
  • ok thanks for the info it will save me from having to buy the undergarments till a later date. ill call the salons when i make the apts to make sure they have some bras for me to use to try with the dresses. strapless dresses are somewhat out of the question if i find one i liike i will have to have a bolero made for the dress my upper arms are so horible i refuse to show them at all. and not to many dresses you can try on with sleeves
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards