Maine

How long is your Veil?

I'm not sure if I want to go with a long or short veil!? I purchased the Essence of Australia dress D1006 and it has a beautiful train so I don't know if I want to cover it but I LOVE the idea of a long flowing veil.

what is everyone else doing?? :)

Re: How long is your Veil?

• edited December 2011
    I liked the idea of a long veil, too, but I ended up going with a fingertip veil (or at least down to my fingertips, which is a little longer because I have long arms).  My dress is pretty simple with a little bit of rhinestone on one hip, so I decided to go with rhinestones around the edges of the veil, and I like it on the fingertip length veil--I tried on a cathedral veil with beading, and I didn't like it as much.  I'm also wearing a blusher.  

Your dress is gorgeous, I just googled it.  The back of that dress is so pretty, and that's people will be looking at during the ceremony.  I think with that lace train, I might go with a shorter veil.  Have you tried a long veil with it to see what it looks like?  
  • edited December 2011
    My veil is also fingertip length.  I didn't want anything too long, and I love that mine has little crystals hanging all around the edge.  It matches the beading on my dress perfectly :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a single-tiered cathedral length train. I love the romance of long veils, and my veil compliments my dress perfectly.

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    I was leaning towards a cathedral veil but ended up going with a fingertip that has crystals around the edges.  We tried on multiple styles with my dress and that is the one we liked best.  Besides, the back of my dress really is special, and this allows it to be shown.  
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Mine was short...   18" to my elbow from under my "bun", I believe. 
    All the best detail on my dress was the back - gorgeous lace - so I didn't want to fuss with it. 
    I am very glad I didn't go with a longer one - hugging 100+ people that day causes a TON of pulling on the veil (and your hair). 
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a funny answer to this question...I honestly do not know how long my veil is! I'm wearing my mom's veil and I have yet to unpack it from the box. I believe it's a very long veil, which will work well with my dress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    plato79 that is awesome, i thought about asking my FI mom to borrow her veil (my mom didnt wear one)

I ended up ordering on etsy. The length of my veil is waist. I wanted a veil but didnt want it to be a 'pain' I also didnt want it to take away from the simplicity of my dress. I will be taking it off for the reception anywho.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a chapel length veil which was a few feet shorter than a catherdral.. it was absolutely perfect :)
    Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio
  • meg213fmeg213f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like the majority of girls decided on a shorter rather than a cathedral veil!

Jessicabessica--Thank you!! I did try it on with a long veil and it looked beautiful but I want to be sure to show off the back as well.

I made my decision today and I'm going with three options! I bought a long veil (for the ceremony and pictures, a shorter fingertip for my first dance and begining of the recpetion, and then a hair piece for dancing and later in the evening) this may seem very excessive but I was able to get all three for 63.00 on Etsy!!!!! We budgeted a 100.00 for the veil so my FI is happy that I saved. :) I may not wear them all but i'm excited for the options.

• edited December 2011
    That's a good idea to have a hairpiece for the reception.  I am planning to take my veil off entirely for the reception, so I'll have to see if I can find any hairpieces I like on Etsy. 
  • meg213fmeg213f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with this one because I think it's simple, pretty and I love pearls :)

www.etsy.com/listing/65833915/35-inch-wide-swarovski-pearl-with" target="_blank">www.etsy.com/listing/65833915/35-inch-wide-swarovski-pearl-with
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards