Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

no hair acessories

I recently cut my hair pretty short and i love it! so does my fiance:)  i'm going to have short hair for our wedding  but my mom is insistent that i will look weird without some sort of hair adornment.  I have a hard time with hair bands becuase they are always too tight and give me a headache.  I'm not planning to wear a veil (I'll make a birdcage veil if time permits) and I'm not a huge fan of hair clips.

Here is my hair inspiration.
Pinned ImagePinned Image

what does everyone think?

Re: no hair acessories

• Options
    I think that hairstyle is beautiful! I do think a birdcage veil would really add that extra sparkle to it -- especially if you're going for a slightly retro flair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    That is a gorgrous hair cut!! A bird cage veil is really the perfect item to match that kind of hair style. I'm sure it'll look lovely on you!

Congrats!! Laughing
  • Options
    You could consider a bobby pin or two that have blingy accents on them - it will add just a little bit of sparkle to your hair without being overwhelming
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    I agree with Blodwyn, a little blingy accent can go a long way.

Try rolling a SMALL  section (like 1.5" by 1.5")  back, poufing it a little maybe or  creating a small swirly. You can use a sparkly hair comb (drug-store brands are usually less over-the-top) or like 3 -4 bejeweled bobbies (like 1 sparkle or pearl each) to secure the bird cage veil.

They'll add a touch of sparkle and shine wihtout turning your head into a disco ball :)

Good luck!

ETA; I just saw the Gatsby inspired picture- forgo the pouf and create a fingerwave-inspired-swirl on the side top by the temple going back (It'll give the pins purpose)
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    gorgeous:) gorgeous:) you certainly don't HAVE to have hair accessories. however, if you should choose at the absolute last moment to use some, perhaps some sparkly little bobby pins?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards