Getting in Shape

Workout DVDs that are not heavy on floor work?

I am looking for DVD recommendations that don't have a ton of floor work. It seems like every DVD I have bought lately has me doing ten million push ups/ mountain climbers / sit ups / crunches etc. Are there any that don't have any floor work? The only one I have really found is zumba or cardio ballroom. Are there any other ones that are good?

Re: Workout DVDs that are not heavy on floor work?

• Hmm.  They all do seem to have a lot of floorwork.  i think it's because those workouts are so effective without the use of weights and such.

The only 2 dvds I have that are virtually floorwork-free are the NYC Ballet Workout, and TaeBo.
  • have you seen the comercials for the brazilian butt lift? i watch a lot of lat night tv and they always seem to come on then. lol. It seems like it contains a lot of dancing and squats, might be worth trying out.
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-dvds-that-are-not-heavy-on-floor-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:7bc40010-71c8-413b-a784-8e3911133e87Post:c15cdae6-935d-43c4-bfec-189662bfa1e8">Re: Workout DVDs that are not heavy on floor work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]have you seen the comercials for the brazilian butt lift? i watch a lot of lat night tv and they always seem to come on then. lol. It seems like it contains a lot of dancing and squats, might be worth trying out.
    Posted by FutureMrsAdams2013[/QUOTE]

There is some floor work in the Brazil Butt Lift workouts.  In fact, two of the workouts are mostly floorwork.

However - there are several workouts in the Brazil Butt Lift and ALL of them are awesome.  And some of them (the Bum Bum workouts, and Cardio Axe) have no floor work whatsoever.
    panther
  • insanity all the way!!! thats the name of the videos. you dont need anything besides yourself and there isnt much floor work at all!! but i will warn you, they are HARD!!!
  • Hi Anglyn,

I am a coach for Beachbody and I think I can help!  There are a ton of workout programs from Beachbody that you could do (including Insanity, Brazilian Butt Lift, etc.)...the first one that pops into mind is Turbo Fire.  I'm doing that one now and I've lost 10 pounds so far (I'm about a month and a half in).  There are about 10 or 12 different DVDs and its mostly kickboxing, dancing, etc, and it comes with a calendar of which order to do the DVD's for maximum results.  Nothing on the floor!  There is a tone DVD and also a Sculpt DVD, but even those are mostly standing up, besides some Ab work at the end.  I work out in my basement so I was looking for one without a ton of floor work as well.  My website is below and you can see all the different workout programs they have- if you need help choosing or just want more information let me know.  I'd be happy to help! 

www.beacbodycoach.com/Dee926

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards