African American Weddings

Bridesmaid Dresses

Y'all didnt warn me of the nightmare this will be lol

None of my bm live in bmore so since we are stilla good 17 months out I am getting the ladies when they come this way to try on dresses...
So my Soror who lives in Texas was intown this weekend drug her to DB
Omg none of the dresses on my fav list looked right

Ugh out of the 20 she tred on 4 looked good and came in my colors I will post pics when I log onto my laptop

I see this gonna be a headache all of my bm are very busty DD+ except for my future sister in law she is the only thin one..... Pray for me lol
Any body else have bm all over the USA ?
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• I have one in texas too.. I had to find the dress down there near her.. and she took pics for me... its definitely not an easy thing...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Girl yes.. 4 of mine are outside of Texas. All of my girls are diff sizes also, I have size 2's up to 18. What I did was took my local BM to DM and we narrowed down to 3 dresses. I sent each girls the numbers of the dresses and have them pick from those 3. So all my BM will have 1 of the 3 dresses. It works out better because the size 18 tried on a dress that looked good on her but the girl that was a size 8 did not look so hot in it. Girl I feel your frustration.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Girl I feel your frustration as well. But you know what, it will all work out and your day will be beautiful. The good thing is you are starting early so if you run into snags you have time. I am six months out and I just ran into a snag with the person making my invitations. His grandmother passed away and he had to go out of town to plan the funeral and all that good stuff, so I dont know when he will be back, so you know me I am just going to go another route. Its all good!  Just dont stress! Everything will be ok. Your girls are the first busty bridesmaids, so you will find something for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks ladies....

i didnt think it would be this hard i felt bad for my BM she was like yo this is 20 dresses i am done lol 
    i was looking at MOB dresses while i was there.... i am made at the old lady frocks they have... 
    i thought it was going to be hard to find my dress... that is looking like the easy part lol 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i like toiz idea! narrow down and have the out of state ones go when they got time to their local place take pics and send to you! good luck on bm dress journey V! (btw, i would look outside of db also if thats possible)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridesmaid-dresses-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:f8cd8a87-952d-4e5b-a607-12f30796c3e9Post:31d8662c-c50b-4b13-a674-f8479cec536e">Re: Bridesmaid Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]i like toiz idea! narrow down and have the out of state ones go when they got time to their local place take pics and send to you! good luck on bm dress journey V! (btw, i would look outside of db also if thats possible)
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

<div>They will all be wearing the same dress with the MOH having a slightly different dress</div><div>i am trying to narrow down what dresses i like and what i dont.... </div><div>
    </div><div>DB is my last resort i want to hit alfred angelo and bari jay</div><div>they both have some dresses that i am inlove with... </div><div>
    </div><div>this was just the first round.... </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridesmaid-dresses-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:f8cd8a87-952d-4e5b-a607-12f30796c3e9Post:8dd85290-747a-44bc-b52d-35a68f6d296d">Re: Bridesmaid Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Dresses : They will all be wearing the same dress with the MOH having a slightly different dress i am trying to narrow down what dresses i like and what i dont....  DB is my last resort i want to hit alfred angelo and bari jay they both have some dresses that i am inlove with...  this was just the first round.... 
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

I have 2 out of town BM. We're getting their dresses from Alfred Angelo. Definitely chek out their store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes! My MOH is in California...I emailed her some styles and she is coming down here in January so hopefully we can get all this knocked out then....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards