September 2012 Weddings

TGIF!

Hey ladies! What's everyone up to today? I'm at work, but only until 4 today. Working through my lunch (so no FB chats, gotta keep it on here) so that I can leave an hour early to get on the road.

FI and I are off to Columbus, Ohio at 4! We have a business conference there this weekend that I'm really looking forward to :) Oh and to make today even better, its jean day at work lol We get to wear our jeans to the office and the only cost is to bring something in for the food bank :) Yay!

Re: TGIF!

• Enjoy your trip! I'm jealous! I really need a getaway.

I work until 5pm and I think we're going to have dinner out tonight as a family. We don't actually do that very often so it would be nice (and that way, I don't have to cook haha).

Nothing too major planned for this weekend. We have a dance lesson on Sunday but that's about it. My goal is to work on the invitations and cufflinks this weekend, but that's about it. I need some down time.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree, you do need downtime! Make sure you take some 'ME' time this weekend!
  • i'm off work at 3 today! (but only because i came in early). then going to the gym and doing some work on my scrapbook (i am almost done!). then i might be going to see the lucky one with some friends. i'm not really that interested in seeing it, so i might just not go, but i do want to spend time with my friends.

tomorrow i'm going downtown for my friend's birthday. then sunday i'm driving down to my college to visit some sorority sisters and see songfest, which is an annual competition between the sororities & fraternities.

i'm also excited because it's only one more week til dan comes home!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Yay it's Friday! FI and I have our cake tasting tomorrow! I'm so excited for it. Then FI promises we can go to Michaels afterwards so that I can look for supplies to make my own card box. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • FI has been making sure lately that one of my BMs goes with me to Michaels because he knows I want to buy everything, and he's a sucker for if I want something lol so he doesn't stop me.
  • Yay for Friday!!  

I got my invitations, inserts, and monograms back in the finalized file so I will need to start thinking of printing those.  Otherwise I'm planning on a low-key weekend.  May is going to be busy on the weekends for us especially since FI starts working a weekend day for the summer.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_tgif-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:52c7e437-630b-4b20-be9a-113173fa3cf0Post:e5179356-8df4-4011-bea2-f61d7c3ff864">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has been making sure lately that one of my BMs goes with me to Michaels because he knows I want to buy everything, and he's a sucker for if I want something lol so he doesn't stop me.
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, I do the same thing. I want to buy everything in the store even though a) I'm not crafty and b) I'll never use any of it. I'm going to have a strict list lol. I need a box, a nice bow and ribbon, and some letters that spell out "cards", and glue. I'll also run across the street to home depot to grab some spray paint. </div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Oh, see my problem is the wedding made me realize that I actually AM crafty lol and that's where it gets me in trouble. I never really did much except crochet before the wedding, but now that I'm learning all these things I can do.... lol
  • My fingers are crossed that I'll get off a little early today.  It's a slow Friday and sometimes they tell us to go home early.  I plan on working out when I get home and then heading out to a birthday bonfire party for one of FI groomsmen.  Tomorrow I'd like to go look for wedding bands for me.  We got FI last month so he's good to go.  The table linens that I ordered came in so I plan on getting the runners out, ironing those and haning them up to hopefully prevent any wrinkles.  We'll see if there are any other DIY projects that I can start working on. 

Have a great weekend!

image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I'm not completely sure of the entire weekend plans, but tonight I'm starting our last registry.  I figure if I get a lot of it done and just make notes on things I have questions on, he doesn't have to spend as much time in the aisles with me.  He really was not into it when we went to do our Target registry.  Tomorrow I'm helping a friend paint.  That should be fun.  I find painting to be relaxing.  Otherwise, I'm not sure.  We may go to my place to pack some more stuff.  I've slowly been moving stuff out of my place to his. 

Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_tgif-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:52c7e437-630b-4b20-be9a-113173fa3cf0Post:e5179356-8df4-4011-bea2-f61d7c3ff864">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has been making sure lately that one of my BMs goes with me to Michaels because he knows I want to buy everything, and he's a sucker for if I want something lol so he doesn't stop me.

I have the opposite problem. If I don't take MOH with me, I look at stuff and say "Well thats cool but I'll get it later, when its closer to the time." That's when MOH chimes in and says "No, buy it now. No reason to wait any longer." I love her. :)

Oh how I love friday. When I get outta this hellhole today, I gotta go milk cows, and sadly its terribly crappy outside. After I get out of there, Im gonna change and run out to the mall before it closes to buy cat food and pay on FI's ring. This weekend I gotta run to the bridal salon and get my veil and order two BM dresses, then meet with FMIL to once again remind her wtf is going on with the showers.
  • Everyone at work is sharing funny kid stories today! lol
    When I was on Skype with my niece last night she picked up this toy that I had bought for their new dog as a 'congrats on getting a puppy' gift. She is 2 and at the stage she's learning how to say things, but some words are difficult still so they come our different. She announced to me over webcam "You gave Roro (the dog's name is Rocco) a d!ck" waiving this rope stick in the air hahahahaha
  • I'm from Columbus and our wedding is there! I love it. So jealous you're going this weekend!
  • i am off today after a very stressed out two 15 hour work days...oh and off for the weekend...nothing special planned ...relax, run some errands and clean house....have fun in OH!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_tgif-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:52c7e437-630b-4b20-be9a-113173fa3cf0Post:61c6d1e1-0b3c-43ef-a218-f46ff3157349">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm from Columbus and our wedding is there! I love it. So jealous you're going this weekend!
    Posted by akbrown19[/QUOTE]

Any restaurant recommendations? I know that I have a 3 hour break Sat around dinner time :) The conference is at the Nationwide.
    I go every 3 months for this conference, and last year there was 2 brides staying in our hotel, saw both of them heading in and out in their beautiful dresses :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_tgif-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:52c7e437-630b-4b20-be9a-113173fa3cf0Post:41bace26-0707-4b70-92a8-3f50b90356a8">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE] She announced to me over webcam "You gave Roro (the dog's name is Rocco) a d!ck" waiving this rope stick in the air hahahahaha

Haha!  A teacher friend send me a photo of something one of her 4th graders wrote.  It was about being on an airplane and how they give out "snacks and d!cks." 

FI was out in Vegas all week so he'll get home tomorrow AM :) then tomorrow afternoon I have a bridal shower to go to (not mine, its one of my bridesmaids).  And then I think we are going to the shelter and picking up a litter of kittens to foster on Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards