Options

Just curious about the first kiss

2»

Re: Just curious about the first kiss

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with agapecarrie.  The applause that we hear in church is usually not so much for the performance (although hopefully it is beautiful) as it is for the message or the occasion.  There are some songs that fill me up with so much emotion I feel like crying or clapping or both, and it's just the way the melody and harmony and church community bring the words to my head and heart. 
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_just-curious-first-kiss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0cb0d2c3-1dfe-4942-8bbd-654d8b287f4dPost:d91d5225-bf39-4b83-9159-ee94d87372a6">Re: Just curious about the first kiss</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a "guitar" Mass once a month and the other 3 Sundays it is the organist.  I have always had a problem with the applause for the guitar group and never for the organist.  What is the difference?
    Posted by debbiem56[/QUOTE]
    ok, I admit I should have worded my initial answer more thoughtfully, especially after re-reading this-- unless debbiem comes back and explains the situation a little more, this seems WAY to vague for me to be making any specific observations about. (eg, with the wording we can't even tell if there is applause or not for the organist [or if she just has a problem with the applause for the guitar group!]; it would be nice to know when during the Mass exactly this applause is happening, and it sounds to me like this applause is a *regular* occurence that distinguishes the guitar group-which leads to my main problem with it- but I also agree that with this limited information that can't be assumed.)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MopsieBMopsieB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Catholic mass doesn't incorporate the first kiss and quite frankly, we almost forgot about it! But at the end, when the priest "introduced" us as married, we did kiss...right before we walked down the aisle. Nobody at our church was against it, but it's not really an intregal part of the mass and easily forgotten in the midst of such an important day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards