June 2012 Weddings
Options

Introduction

Hi Ladies!

I have posted on the June 2012 board a few times, so I thought I should introduce myself. FI and I have been engaged since May 2010 and although our date is not officially set in stone yet, we are planning a destination wedding for June 20th, 2012. We are currently working with our planner to make our final resort pick within the next few weeks in order to give guests a solid year of planning. We are looking in Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Riviera Maya.

FI and I just graduated with our Bachelor's of Science degrees last week, and I will be attending graduate school this September. That being said, I am hoping to have most of the major planning done by this summer and focus on details over winter break.

Everyone seems so friendly and helpful on this board, so I am really looking forward to our discussions over the next year! Thanks for reading Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Introduction

• Options
    Congratulations, and welcome!  This is a great board, but I'm sure you know that already :)

What is your BS in, and what will you be going to grad school for?  I'm going for my MA in child development this fall, so I'm kind of in the same boat - do almost everything over the summer, finalize things during break, pray it works out in the end, haha.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! There are many of us in/just started/just graduated from graduate school, so you're not alone.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement and your schooling!

This board rocks! Be sure to check out the website our awesome mod and board member made. The link is a few posts back (the title is something about a board announcement).

I look forward to hearing about your plans!
  • Options
    Congratulations on the engagement and the degree!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement and getting your BS!  So many of us here are students and planning so feel free to vent about school, or anything you want.  For your wedding are you leaning more to one island/area over another?
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats on the engagment and your BS!! This board is awesome! If you ever need to just vent, let us know! :D
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on graduating and getting engaged!  Happy planning!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Congratulations on everything and welcome to the board!!!!!!  As others have stated, vent as much as you'd like about school Smile
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! As several others have stated, feel free to vent about school. I know I'll certainly be able to sympathize!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the engagement and the BS!  What area are you concentrating on in graduate school?  Welcome to the board, I look forward to hearing about your destination wedding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Haha, you are great! My BS is in Elementary Education and my MA will be in Educational Policy & Administration. FI has a BS in Computer Science. It's great to hear there are so many other students on this board planning. We must have a lot in common planning-wise and venting-wise!

FI and I both want to book in the Caribbean because the beaches are beautiful and it's a relaxing, chill atmosphere. However, we are seriously considering Mexico as well because it is wayyyyyy cheaper for the same ammeneties and we really want our close friends and family to make it without putting themselves out completely. I will report back with updates on this process!

BTW, the June 2012 website looks amazing, I love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!! The girls here are great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    welcome, i agree with everyone else on this board :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    officially welcome!!  congratulations on your recent engagement and on graduating!!  how exciting!  so exciting to have a DW bride on our board to mix it up (we only have a couple)- i can't wait to hear about your planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards