Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Ceremony Music Choice (sorry, kinda long!)

We are having a violinist duo for our ceremony music.  They are awesome and very accommodating and have said they will play anything unique/alternative that we would like to make our day meaningful and memorable.  This means alot to us because we are not traditional music kind of people, I love rock and alternative and my fiance listens to rock and mostly heavy metal. My first question is this...what are people's opinions on having the violinists play for seating of the guests, mothers seating, processional, ceremony, etc. and then having an iPod or something just for the recessional song. Would this seem strange?  Or would you just stick to all violin music?  While doing my song choices research, I just keep thinking now that a violinist song for the exit may not seem peppy and upbeat enough for the exit..if this makes any sense. Also, after months of working on the ceremony music list here's what I've come up with (I'd love to hear people's preferred choices on some I'm struggling to decide between!)
 Mothers seating:  You Were Meant For Me-Jewel or I'm Yours-Jason Mraz

Bridal Party processional: Everlong-Foo Fighters or I'll Be-Edwin McCain

Bride processional:  Crazy for You-Madonna (love it!!)

Unity Candle:  3 Libras-A Perfect Circle

Recessional:  Beautiful Day-U2, Today-Smashing Pumpkins, or Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve

These are all songs I want to include, but just struggling with WHERE exactly to include some of them...ugh...

Photobucket OMG...I'm MARRIED! :)

Re: Ceremony Music Choice (sorry, kinda long!)

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    First off, those are great song choices!!!

I would stick to the strings & not switch to the ipod. It may sound a bit off!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input! :)
  • Options
    lvcntrylvcntry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having a string trio play the prelude, the ceremony, postlude, cocktail & dinner.  They are really good and have a repertoire of classical and popular music.  We're using The Beatles "All You Need Is Love" for our recessional.  Possibly your violinists have a similar play list or non-traditional music.  It would sound better sticking with the strings.  Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im thinking thats the thing to do too now, thanks for the input :)
  • Options
    atownsend2010atownsend2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, the strings might sound a little better than the ipod. They should be prepared to do non-traditional music as well. I'm all for going with songs that the two of you really love, I personally don't like the traditional "bridal march" at all, so go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards